Discussion » Beauty & Fashion » Is it cool to show pics with a mashine gun?

• Ecce Marce
    Ecce Marce wrote:
    <p>I just had a conversation with a guy here in WLIB who shows militaristic pics.In one picture he shows off with a mashine gun, in another picture he poses infront of a military tank. When I asked him if he needs to show a gun to compensate something, he asked me for my phone number and threatend me.</p> <p>Its bad enough that people join the army. But I can understand that some people have no other choice. Maybe they cannot afford a good education because of poor family background. Or they are simply not intelligent enough to see that conflicts can and should be solved by other means than violence.</p> <p>But this still does not explain, why a person tries to show off with his handicap. I mean, if I had only one leg, I also would not present it here. So i am wondering how do the chinese girl think about such style. Okay, the given person has a good body shape. So, its not about his physical outfit. Its only about his style.</p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... Ecce, "he asked me for my phone number and threatend me" ... did he, by any chance, claim to work for some legal office? and has a very long screen name in Chinese?

Why is it bad for people to join the army? I heard that it is compulsory in Singapore, Taiwan and S Korea, and though some tried to "escape", many had gladly accepted it, when it has nothing to do with wealth or family background ... nor intelligence etc ... in other words, I failed to see what you are driving at ...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

One cannot be a Real American without loading and shooting a firearm at least once in their life.

When I visited America after three years away, I had the privilege of shooting a gun for the first (and, so far, only) time in my life. And wouldn't ya know, the firearm my stepdad decided to let me play with was an AR-15, the civilian semi-automatic version of the M16. Unfortunately, the Desert Storm version was not manufactured to be fired during February in Michigan, so the fucker jammed after each shot.

I'm a bleeding heart anti-war hippy. Even the recent campaign in Libya didn't sit well with me, although I acknowledge Gaddaffi was a murderous thug,

But for thirty minutes while I emptied three magazines into the hillside (and hit the target bull's eye only three times), I was a total motherfucking badass. I wish I had a photo to upload here, because it would be a multi-entry visa to every cuntry, ever.

Man up, OP.

• Ecce Marce
    Ecce Marce wrote:

1. He is a westerner. 2. Even he did not join the army delibarately, it is still some bad style to show this kind of picture here. Its all right if he is a victim of his own gouvernment. But its shameful to proud of being brainwashed.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... oh, I think I know what you are getting at ... I think ...

I guess, in a way, it is just a regular office photo ... though I dont like it, many (guys and gals, western and Asians) like their photos taken in the office, and proud of it ...

I dont know why some people might want to join the army voluntarily, but, if anything they said on movies and TV is true, it can have something to do with family tradition ... grandpa was in the army, pop was in the army, so he joined the army, without thinking too much about it ... and again, it might have nothing to do with family wealth and intelligence ... think of it as "family business" ...

• Ecce Marce
    Ecce Marce wrote:

单独子儿 (随便叫兽) I dont argue that its not fun to shoot other people. I just say its wrong.

Teddy: You did not get the point: My questions is not why he goes to army. The question is: Why is he not ashammed of it.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Ecce, you're a nice guy. You appear to be intelligent and well-educated.

But who the hemorrhaging fuck are you to dictate what constitutes good or bad "style" in how a person chooses to present themselves in pictures on a social networking site?

Although it sounds like this guy is indeed a bona fide meathead for implicitly threatening you with violence, not everyone in the military is a total moron. After all, within industrialized democracies there are people who have killing people down to a goddamned science. Some of them are very crafty.

Granted, I wear the same pairs of dirty camouflage military fatigues and combat boots all fucking weekend because I am fashion-impaired and I shop for clothes in the thrift store version of The Matrix. But does that make me a brainwashed reactionary? Or rather you're just embarrassing the rest of us bleeding-heart liberals with your prejudicial thinking.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

"I dont argue that its not fun to shoot other people. I just say its wrong."

Oh fuck. I think I might have awarded High Priest the Comment of the Day somewhat prematurely. This is a goddamned gem.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... Ecce, "Teddy: You did not get the point: My questions is not why he goes to army. The question is: Why is he not ashammed of it."

Hahahaha ... cute as it might sound, since there is a well known "Uncle Ted" on this site, I urge you to make a slight distinction ... most people called me "DD", so you might want to do that too, though it sounds more like a chocolate or a bra size ...

Anyway, I perhaps still dont get it, but why should people be ashamed of joining the army, or military in general? It is a well respected job in many western countries, as well as in the Orient ...

• Ecce Marce
    Ecce Marce wrote:

This is a goddamned gem.

thanks.

• Ecce Marce
    Ecce Marce wrote:

But who the hemorrhaging fuck are you to dictate what constitutes good or bad " in how a person chooses to present themselves in pictures on a social networking site?

Thats what this tread is about. I do strongly believe that militaristic picture or depicture violence is bad style. But I do of course admit that this is my personal opinion.

• Ecce Marce
    Ecce Marce wrote:

What can I think of such a phrase?

If you dont know what you can think, I am willing to help you: I am 33% arrogant and 67% cynical.

• Ecce Marce
    Ecce Marce wrote:

and are you attacted by guns, bitch?

• Mari Vidste
    Mari Vidste wrote:

...I am 33% arrogant and 67% cynical.

No. There's nothing cynical about what you have said, dude. Questioning why the soldier is not ashamed of his gun is pure schmaltz romanticism.

Get to know yourself, putz.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Somewhere on the Internet there is a folder full of nubile girls in the IDF wearing fatigues and carrying submachine guns. I certainly don't approve Israeli settlements in Palestinian territory, but...

• Ecce Marce
    Ecce Marce wrote:

so you think to kill other people in the name of any state is alright and fun?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • Ecce Marce
    Ecce Marce wrote:

He has a russian name and looks like he just came back from blowing off some people in Tchechenia.

• Ecce Marce
    Ecce Marce wrote:

what do you mean?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.