Discussion » Current Events » China: Saviour of Europe

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    <p>European financiers are currently in China, cap in hand, asking to 'borrow' the best part of 70 Million Euros, so they can use it to patch up Europe for another 18 months or so.</p> <p>Desite the fact that the money won't come back for a very long while, China has hinted it might help out.</p> <p>What sweeties might China ask for in return, eh?&nbsp;</p>
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

They will no ask sweeties.... they will take

REVENGE !!!!!

• Undermoonlight

So what? What do you expect from the international affairs? They are always the exchanges of interest~~

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Well obviously, Undermoonlight.

I asked what China will get in exchange for helping out. 

• Saint - Spartacus

Time to revenge ...

• Undermoonlight

Ridiculous~~I mean, the revenge idea~~and China has not had that kind of power yet~Even if we have, "harmonization" might be an appropriate idea~~but revenge?? What kind of sick people will do that kind of stupid things? I believe most of the Chinese people will not act like a 12-year-old boy~~

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Agreed. I suspect they will have more power in the IMF, many European trade tariffs will disappear, and we won't here too many European Gvts talking about China's 'internal affairs'

• Ecce Marce
    Ecce Marce wrote:

Well, they will just stop talking about the "internal affairs" until the next elections. Thats maybe the only good thing about democracy: politicians cannot prostitute themselves too much for some money.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

@undermoonlight, wow!!!! if you speak darkly that -yet- in your sentence: 

China has not had that kind of power yet

you scare me !!!! O_0

• Undermoonlight

Yes, that also scares lots of people (mostly, losers in or from western countries, who blame their misfortune upon the competition from China)~~Come on, buddy, it's the real world, a world still governed by the jungle rules--esp. in the political sense~~Power struggle will never end, as long as there are human beings in the universe~And the most important thing is how to play smart----actually, by pretending to be gentile and nice, you, my freind, are also a participant of the power struggle game~

• K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:

The pre-requisite of China's financial aid is at least a more open EU market for China's FDI and more technical transfers, together with lower tariff, less technical barriers, various security and guarantee from the EU. An unspoken intention is that China will share the opportunities of investment and exploration after every military intrusion initiated by the NATO.

It will be childish to assume that any country will provide financial aids without going into details of security. It isn't necessary to make a fuss either, since for 18 centuries out of 21, China had been the biggest economic power.

It is clearly expressed that China will not aid any individual country within the EU, but expect a reform of the EU financial scheme before further aid and a detailed security plan.

P.S. We Chinese don't believe in revenge, unless it has great tactic and commercial advantages.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

China will just copy the Marshall plan without even bothering to erase America's name from the top of the paper.

• 司马霖
    司马霖 wrote:

In regard to the extent to which financial systems are in intertwined, I don't think considering the issue as a mere relation between country does really make sense.

It is in the interest of China that they would help EU. Obviously, they will try to make the most of it - as would any Realpolitik.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.