Discussion » Beauty & Fashion » Where Does China's Standard of Beauty Come Fro

• A.w
    A.w wrote:
    <p>Reblog from :<a href="http://www.lovelovechina.com/fashion/chinese-beauty-standard/">Tom's blog</a>; <a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/24/world/asia/24beijing.html?pagewanted=all">The New York Times</a></p> <p>BEIJING &mdash; Even in a blue-striped hospital bathrobe, her face wiped clean of makeup and marked with purple lines by her surgeon, the young woman who called herself Devil embodied an image of beauty widely admired in China: large, luminous eyes, a delicate nose and softly sculpted cheekbones.</p> <p>the <a title="Groups Web site." href="http://www.isaps.org/">International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery</a> estimated in 2009 that China ranked third, behind the United States and Brazil, with more than two million operations annually.</p> <p>The most popular plastic surgeries performed in China are:</p> <ol> <li>Double eyelid procedure, making the eyes appear larger</li> <li>Enlarging of the nose bridge to make it appear more prominent</li> <li>Reshaping of the jaw to make it longer and narrower</li> </ol> <p>You will notice all these procedures are about getting bigger, and about getting Western. Plastic surgery isn&rsquo;t the only example of this: whitening powders are used heavily in order to appear whiter; based on the belief in China that a lighter skin tone is more desirable than a darker one.</p> <p>As China becomes a more affluent nation, the taste for Western products have become even more in demand. And who is most often seen behind the billboards and magazine advertisements promoting fashion products? Almost always a Western model or a Chinese model endowed with Western features.There&rsquo;s no doubt since Western fashion products have a competitive advantage over China in terms of quality, they wield a great deal of control and influence in regards to beauty standards.</p> <p>Why does China subscribe to a Western standard of beauty?</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

What about tits?

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

Ah............i don;t know what is the standar of beauty but i always run in to the same type of men.....i wonder why?

• Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:

I am curious about it, too. I don't think it has much to do with westernization. When I was little I wasn't exposed to much western TV shows, I really thought the snake witch beautiful:

Don't the plastic surgeries mentioned above make women like her? haha.

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

Post again  please :what kind of Japanese animation do you blame to ?  can't not see this one...

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

hahaah yeap maybe ....here is my queen list

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

哈哈 真是大眼蛙 我这边还喜欢 XXXholic 郁子小姐 Nami小姐。。。onepiece...还有大美蛇女王汉库克

• Jenny&King
  • Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

Ami 的大眼娃 怎么变成巧克力了

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

[...] Enlarging of the nose bridge to make it appear more prominent

NOOoooooOOOO JOderrrrr!!!!!!

Protect those 可爱小鼻子 !!!!!

Ans also be proud of the national products, like the xiaomantou

• №❶ Passioη

this is a simple issue. chinese guys want their girl white, so their girls do what they can to get white.... White guys like blondies, so the chinese girls colour their hair for them... I like big boobs, so Chinese girls wear fake padded bra for me... Everyone compromises to an extent... That's why ... I'm in love with Yingluck Shinawatra Everytime I see her, I cannot control the hard-on, my mind is blown away. I wanna pack my bags and move to BKK ... God help I don't manage as close to a few inches away from her cos I gonna grab and kiss her, maybe do more before her bodyguards do me some harm. Fock Yeah! who cares... 

So what am I saying? To Hell with the Whities

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

[...] God help I don't manage as close to a few inches away from her cos I gonna grab and kiss her

With a woman like that, u will be the toy, @Passion :P she will grab ur ass with one hand and with the other, she will grab ur neck, while she kisses u, and sucks ur life.... u will die in her arms. 

• №❶ Passioη

hehehe.. how sweet, to die having sex with a woman like that... my name would be written on the stones of thailand forever.. tourists would visit the sex site to pay tribute to us..

Whatelse could a man ask for :D

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

*nod

Indeed the best way to die, being ridden by Godess of slanted eyes

• Saint - Spartacus
  • Saint - Spartacus
  • Ola Sande
    Ola Sande wrote:

SPITTERMAN HATER r u saying u come from monkeys' asshole??? lol~then i can understand why u can even put a real pic there~

• Saint - Spartacus

i think this spitterman should kiss every monkey's ass to keep his ever last love for monkeys this picture is my proposition for this spotterman > <

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.