Discussion » Nonsense » peace and war

• lkkkj
    lkkkj wrote:

do u think federation of states and world trade (which will make war against our economic interests) can make this world in perpetual peace?

trade has civilizing influence so it can make government understand that war doesn't benefit their econimic? or not?

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

unfortunately, war is beneficial from a pure economic point of view :/

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

Yeap....see what happened when the first and the second world war ended......the balance of the Power and the same purpose and mission will lead the states to share trade.....no matter it is fair or not ....the peace will last at least some decades....

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

N.W.O. much?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

The way you phrased it in the OP sounded very One World Government. The "federation of states" part especially.

*puts on tinfoil hat*

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Yeah. I guessed as much. That English teacher you hate: do you know his personal political views, such as party affiliation? What country is he from, again?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I think you should troll him gently.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Less gently, then.

• K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:

I thought the discussion was about the Russian masterpiece by Leo Tolstoy. :)

Haven't you heard about the saying that "sex and violence are the perpetual themes of human civilization?" or in some people's opinions, love and war, which basically means the same thing to me :D

Trade war or cyber warfare are different types of conflicts from physical warfare. Violence is purely genetic. I wonder if any scientist has studied on what chemicals the brain produces when someone brutally kills like they studied the endorphin of runner's high, that may explain your question better.

Modern war may be divided into different forms of violence at our era, espoinage, information security, nuclear and biochemical weapons threats, terriorism and regional conflicts have never stopped anyway. In a word, it is more colorful and complicated now than simply cutting someone's head off, it certainly isn't replaced by trade war, like trade or technical impediments, energy security or food security, which is a totally different topic. 

If your teacher likes Nietzche, you probably need to read On War by Carl Von Clausewitz before talking about war, because they both like pickled cabbages. :D

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

"Violence is purely genetic."

...Because it's not like anyone has ever cold-bloodedly killed another person purely for religious or economic reasons.

"I wonder if any scientist has studied on what chemicals the brain produces when someone brutally kills like they studied the endorphin of runner's high, that may explain your question better."

I wonder what the grant proposal for that experiment would look like.

• K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:

Good question. The grant proposal would be like:

"The positive results of this experiment is hoped to help resolve the consequential correlation between autosomal chromorphism and anti-sociel tendency/criminal violence, to a wider extent of neuro-science and psychiatric sciences, treat anxiety disorders and facilitate anger management therapy. From a historical perspective, answer the question of why some races tend to burn everything down and shag anything that moves all along the way."

"In terms of national security and warfare contigency, this study may help prevent the reoccurance of the tragedy of Nankin in WW2 and through preventing such irregulary offense by the troops, hold the intruding state from the liabilities of war crime against human rights"

It just popped out of my mind, maybe I am K-Ra-Zy and need therapy. :)

• Undermoonlight

What about Communism!!! It sounded so nice at the very beginning~but evetually was found impossbile to realize~~The significance of crushing the dream of utopia is, for the most part, to let people know there is always distance between the ideal world and the reality~~Peace and war will be the perpetual theme of human civilization, before we destroy ourselves, because permanent peace is a just an ideal~~We strive for it, but it could never be reached 100%.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

[...] Violence is purely genetic.

Don´t you think the word -violence- in that case, is a simple hodgepodge. Defensive aggression, passion to kill, to torture, sadism... all them can fall under the concept of Violence. The word -violence-, or even -agression- in a general sense, can serve as a bridge to connect biologically adaptive aggression with human destructiveness. Something like this: 

1) there is a biologically adaptive violence or aggression= and is innate

2) destructiveness and cruelty is = violence

ergo, destructiveness and cruelty=innate

I think nobody can deny that our specie has one kind of aggresive instinct, aggression in the sense of defense. This one, we share with all mammals, is a phylogenetically programmed impulse to attack (or to flee) when the vital interests are threatened. But talk about a 'psychopath' gene or others evil genes...

Btw, don´t think I´m not a behaviorist. There are options between Konrad Lorenz and Skinner, instinctivism and behaviorism. Both positions are monoexplanatory, depending on dogmatic preconceptions, and investigators are required to fit data in one or the other explanation.  

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.