Discussion » Current Events » China delayed world's seven billionth birth &#

• A.w
    A.w wrote:
    <p>The arrival of the seven billionth person on this planet, expected on October 31, would have taken place as long as five years ago without China's famously controversial &lsquo;one-child' policy, Chinese scholars have claimed.</p> <p>China's population, they estimate, would be 1.7 billion on Thursday without family planning rules that were introduced in 1979. According to the Chinese government, the measures &mdash; known worldwide as the &lsquo;one-child policy' although they are, in reality, a more complicated set of rules &mdash; have prevented an additional 400 million births.</p> <p>&ldquo;The population of China would now be around 1.7 billion had it not been for the family planning policy,&rdquo; Zhai Zhenwu of the School of Sociology and Population at Beijing's Renmin University was quoted as saying by the State-run Xinhua news agency on Thursday. &ldquo;And the world's population would have hit seven billion in 2006.&rdquo;</p> <p>The government's estimates that the policy prevented 400 million births have, however, been widely debated, with other scholars suggesting 200 million births was a more accurate figure considering declining fertility rates in most industrialising societies. With this estimate, the world's population would have reached 7 billion between two and three years ago.</p> <p>Read More: <a href="http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/article2574176.ece#.Tqo39NvkBUQ.twitter">Link</a></p>
  • Joligne
    Joligne wrote:

India ought to  have one child policy urgently. their government is too weak. too many indians all over the world.

• Joligne
    Joligne wrote:

YYYYYYYYYY laughed ?

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

human beings should use 100 years to fuck around interracially, and then there will be no black, caucasion, asia, etc. Colors mixed together, leaving only yellow, and then people all over the world are basically all chinese, hopefully all irreligion too, and there's gonna be no need for countries that people can move freely from populous places to wildland. See? no countries, no religions, all the people sharing all the world, sounds familiar huh? 

• Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:

That world pictured by Da Fan would still be a jungle unless people are literally same from mind to behaviour. Like in the moive: Equilibrium.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

No, dear Amy, I just had a whole bottle of dry gin...

And mengmeng, I was talking bullshit, and if I want to take it more serious, i think the key is: people around the world DO travel and move ALOT. Like people can tell some characteristics of dudes from certain province of China, but, COMPARATIVELY, you can hardly tell what are "beijingers" ' uniqueness. See? it's all about mobility~

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

我一直就希望,政府部门什么的都能迁到廊坊(或者燕郊)去,嗯。然后我朝帝都就是廊坊了,哈哈

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.