Discussion » Nonsense » i now sell art in a gallery, what title should i u

• WeLiveInBeijingRess
    WeLiveInBeijingRess wrote:
    <p>saleslady? and what about the chinese title? i am also thinking to print a quote on the other side,"making money is the best art", one quote of andy warhol's, what do u think of that? is it silly? but i am very serious about the title, pls help</p>
  • WeLiveInBeijingRess

yeah, i know it's silly, just have the idea

isn't sales a bit simple, coz the ppl i will hand out my cards r normally artists or designers or just simply rich ppl, i think sales sound like ............,i mean u know i sell art, it's a bit different, but thank u very much, i will consider it, so the chinese title would be 销售?

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

do u mean i should put one of those quotes on it?i will think about it, thanks

i am neither simply doing art nor selling, it's a bit combined, money doesn't seem always go with art

commercial art? i am just thinking doing something a bit different, i was thinking not to put a title, just something simple and clean, maybe just with the name of the gallery on it, coz i am afraid they would forget who this is, or just put something has to do with art, what do u say?

• Kent Bekkavik
    Kent Bekkavik wrote:
  • WeLiveInBeijingRess

but anyhow, my boss is kinda a copier too (i don't mean to be mean, he is probably the most easy-going boss, very easy to communicate with, very nice), or it's just that i don't know much about chinese modern art, i tell no difference from each gallery here

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

now i am thinking to have my chinese and english names on the front side , my mobile number and email, simple and elegant

and the name of the gallery and address on the back side(both chinese and english)

the card will be light yellow, dark grey for the words, how is that?

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

or maybe light grey for the words

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I had a weed dealer whose business card said "lifestyle consultant".

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

haha, i think that suits me well too

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

@Rockstar Mooney

thanks, it's not really mine, i just sell them, u mean black for the front side and white for the back side? i mean different color for each side?

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

@scott

then how about wall engineer?

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

i give up the title idea, coz personally i neither want to sound too fancy nor too simple, i will hand out my cards in the gallery, if they really want to buy something i guess they will probably remember me,also the address is with 798 ,so it must be easy for ppl to recall, thanks very much for u all, very useful ideas

• Father Of Boring

“Art Adoption Officer"

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

yeah, that sounds really fancy, i am not a native speaker, i was thinking wall fuller, coz ppl say " yeah, my walls r blank, i will stop by and buy something some day"

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

haha, r u really an english teacher, and is ur explaination " i love kids"

• Ecce Marce
    Ecce Marce wrote:

Art is girls best friend - Ecce Marce.

As for the title I would suggest you to add something way out of league. Add international if you ever talked to a foreigner during work. Add manager if you can make at least one dicission by yourself - and if its only the toilet time. How about "International Art Sales Director"?

If you mainly deal with westerners, however, then you are maybe better off to be a bit modest and just write "sales"

• Kevin Chen
    Kevin Chen wrote:

mimi

• Saint - Spartacus

i do not think bill viola or wim wenders or even michael snow is a girl , but they do art , art for sells ,it's the 60s tendencey so called the trick of art in art's paradox, but now days it's too much out - date ... ... , art no longer in that stage , and , art can be sold but not for sale.  Those for sale, we call it  '' commercial art '' , it should be distinguished between '' art '' and '' commercial art ''. this non commercial focused pieces always make more sense i think ... ...

• Saint - Spartacus

make more sense and may england art sales director will come back oneday ... ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.