Discussion » Beijing Life » Go Green ... or less tree?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) wrote:
    <p>...</p> <p>Hahahaha ... been a fan of Laurell K Hamilton for many years, and whenever I go past a bookshop&nbsp;(esp outside China), I will try to find her books, and right now&nbsp;I still have an incomplete Anita series, and started on her Merry series ...</p> <p>However, about last year, or the year before, I found the torrent of her full Anita series then (excluding her latest two or three), but, as above, I continued to buy the books but had never read those via computer ...</p> <p>So, the question, or rather the discussion, here is would you prefer holding a paper book or would you go green and read e-book (computer or iPad etc) ...</p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... guilty ... I also use excessive toilet paper ...

By the way, the same question goes with newspapers and magazines ...

• Saint - Spartacus

i prefer paper books

• Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:

Hum, but the obsolete batteries are bad to environment too. I have read an anticle about how many cellphones and LCDs are thrown away ever year, the data is very intimidating.

Aside from that, LCD is not good for eyes and if you travel for a long time, the battery is not geilivable. And I also worry about the intellectual property of the writer. I know there are many ebooks can be download for free, but how can these writers live if they have no income from the publication?

I only buy paper books that I will use repeatly to make me less guilty to trees. lol. I also listen to audio ebooks to save my poor eyes. Ah, maybe we have to be primitives to have a real eco-friendly lifestyle.

• Checkered
    Checkered wrote:

Google the article "different reading devices, different modes of reading".

• Father Of Boring

Kindle FTW.

I despise carrying books.  I love books, but I hate carrying them.  I vastly, vastly favor the kindle as a reading device, and it has seriously increased my reading, what with being able to find & buy any book I want the instant I want it.  Don't knock ebooks until you've tried them for awhile.

• Joligne
    Joligne wrote:

i used to have many books ,3 big book shelfs. but now  i only got one small book shelf. with some books i dont think i can find a copy easily.  the reason i get rid of other books because i dont read them much and , i can find related info on the internet. and the most important reason is because my apt is not big enough to have 3 big book shelfs inside.  although i really want a big apt and maybe i can start to collect books again ?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.