Discussion » Current Events » 88 Kadhafi

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:
    <p>Everything has an end. He is gone, I wish he wasn't killed, but arrested to face<a href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3883867/Colonel-Gaddafi-captured-in-Libya.html" target="_blank"> his</a> charges.&nbsp;</p>
  • TOTORO
    TOTORO wrote:

RIP

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

He was killed as to cover all the secret he could have told the world and embarass the likes of Tony Blair

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

High Priest That is the most perverse reason I heard. The truth is that he shot by one of the NTC fighters who's brother, wife and family were killed by the mad dog Gaddiffe.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Nicole Webber, listen to Afro-Sw@g.

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

It is better than the crap you are both oozing in this post.  What conspiracy of secrets would Gaddaffi  have given about Tony Blair or any other world leaders! You are both pissing in the wind on a dead subject matter?

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

Yoad I agree! This was a stupid post from the start by High Priest.

HP: He was killed as to cover all the secret he could have told the world and embarass the likes of Tony Blair

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

[...] I wish he wasn't killed, but arrested to face his charges. 

Dead people don't talk, and this is always a good think for the current good guys (that time ago were allies and business mates of the bad guy). 

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

Adolfo: He would have had a 'show trial'; found guilty and executed. His mates would run for cover to disassociate themselves from him.  The other thing we have to wait and see when the baying mob turns their attention to his secret police and member of his army who helped him stay in power.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahaha ... Adolfo ... that reminded me of the famous line "I see dead people" ...

Nicole ... this is a stupid post? No way ... Snake would never do that, right, Snake?

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

Who is Snake?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... did you click it to find out? Snake is a nickname I gave for HP ...

• Shane
    Shane wrote:

Its generally unfortunate that he wasn't treated to the normal muslim burial rights, but if it was done by his people then I guess its not for me to say. I heard they are keeping him in a refigerator right now so people can view his body. Thats sort of creepy.....

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Nicole, this bomb is was all about kadhafi. Once he was spotted, he should be arrested to face a trial. NTC has an organization, should have given an order that once they catch him, they should bring him to a secure place. Why didn't they do so and let him dragged in the street to the mercy of the mob?

Only naive people like you and Yoad would believe to such version. In my opinion he should be brought to a special court a face a fair trial. Of course he had much to say and reveal! 

@Wlib CEO Dildo, snake from ur panties? How short it is? When have we started a dialogue? Small idiot

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... hahahaha ... no no, Snake, it was my fault, really ... I should not have written it as a question ...

I am not interested to have a dialogue with you right now, because, like I had told your boyfriend, you kids need to be more creative than "snake from ur panties" or "How short it is" ... oh, that also was not meant to be a dialogue ... never mind me, do carry on...

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:
  • Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

High Priest You need to get you facts right. A convoy of cars was hit by NATO Forces. He was wounded in the legs and head. He with others hid in this sewer pipe and continue to open fire on NTC Forces who in turn returned fire before dragging him out. He was severely wounded when he was dragged out of the sewer pipe.

Shane His body is being kept in an industrial refrigerator unit and there are hundreds of people who are viewing his body. This was to bring closure to stop any rumors going around that he was alive . It is morbid I agree, but I have not been under a dictatorship for 40 years.

• Micky
    Micky wrote:

I just think that Ghadafi is safer dead; if he's not, the war would not end

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

[...] The other thing we have to wait and see when the baying mob turns their attention to his secret police and member of his army who helped him stay in power.

Don´t waste your time waiting, a mob is by definition stupid. They will be commanded by the same group of lebanese that announced a cash reward for capturing or killing Gaddafi of 1,2 million euros. Good bussiness men with a good predisposition to make bussiness with the good guys.

People like Gaddafi, Saddam Hussein or Osama Bin Laden were bad dogs, because they became too insane with the pass of the time and tried to bite their taskmasters, no like Pinochet, he was a good dog, he served them well, so his actions have not called Crimes against humanity....

fiat iustitia et pereat mundus

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

I'm on board with Secades.

Nicole, please watch videos that are circulating and you can see these facts. Even if he opened fire, but he was captured alive. Then afterward he was shot. NTC fighters have communication, when they apprehended him, they might have told their leaders that mad dog has been caught. It's easy for these leaders to tell them, bring that mad dog a specified place. But they let him get killed like OB Laden. I wish, he could be arrested like Saddam Hussein and judged and sentenced.

For me, they made his death easy. He should be arrested, tortured, judged and sentenced. Because he did the same to his people for over 4 decades. Anyone get reap what he or she sowed. But I repeat again, there are plenty of stuff that won't be revealed. 

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Yes he didn't want to surrender, he knew he would be killed. NATO said they don't want to kill him, but it was the contrary

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

High Priest We all have seen the video, but you are not listening to the words of the NTC guy surrounding him. Shouting 'Save him, save him, get him to the hospital.

Did you see the video's of the guy's who captured him, and took his gold gun and listen to what they said. Do you really think these guys would have televised world wide and leave themselves wide open to crimes of murder. There was a bounty on his head for one million I bet these guys don't claim the reward? 

This is the third thread on Gaddiffi and is a pointless thread! He was a dictator and murdered thousands of people! It was in August when the TV camera's were shown a warehouse and I saw about two hundred dead mutilated bodies of men, women and children shot and burned by Gaddffi soldiers.

Please do not come on here and speak of the murder of one dictator, and forget the thousands of innocent people that he had murdered. 

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... Yoad and Nicole ... there is always a slim possibility that Snake might know someone from NATO (or otherwise) whose identity cannot be revealed, or perhaps he himself is an insider of NATO?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Kyle ... considering the remoteness of where you are, or even where you normally traveled, it is nothing (or no one) you should be too worried about ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... you are probably thinking about "graffiti" when you saw "Kadhafi" (or "Gaddiffi")? ... not a bad marketing idea, if I may say so ...

And while I was in the kitchen a minute ago, I was just thinking about what Nicole said "This is the third thread on Gaddiffi" (actually, I was thinking about Nicole) ... and considering both geographical and political reasons, why dont we discuss about Jiang instead?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

This thread again?

Who's the clever new girl tossing pearls before swine? I like her.

Soft imperialistic endeavors have never sat well with me and I acknowledge that every million dollar cruise missile is indeed a theft from the hungry, but these delusional ravings about NATO conspiracies are childish.

Shallow anti-Western nationalism discredits the anti-war movement. It's clear that people like High Priest don't have a problem with war, but with the people who happen to be making war at this time.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

This thread was posted a few minutes later the mad dog was shot. It's the first among the other three.

I'd like to state that the version the NTC is offering about the Mad dog doesn't stand and I don't know which video u r watching and if the news we all are reading are the same. I'm not against a death of a tyran. But why are they giving a wrong version of his death? And now, why are they willing to investigate on his death by doing an autopsy? Was he really killed in cross fire or executed? In my view, it was better, to arrest him, for him to reflect on his deed, then get executed after trial.

He is not the only tyran, Bush and Blair are being protected, when are we gonna see his trial? Again,

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

WLIB CEO Dildo , How long are u gonna remain stupid? Did u ever here that HP went after ur wife or what?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... hahahaha ... so now you want to start a dialogue?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

"This thread was posted a few minutes later the mad dog was shot. It's the first among the other three."

So? It sucked, which is why the others received more attention until you self-bumped this thread a day later with your tired nonsense about Tony Blair--as if that douchenozzle could do anything to further embarrass himself after getting all buddy-buddy with Dubya.

Users upstairs correctly pointed out that you're completely up your own ass. Again.

"And now, why are they willing to investigate on his death by doing an autopsy?"

I think it might have something to do with determining the precise cause of death, as you said. I think if they skipped the autopsy and buried him at sea a la bin Laden, there might be some substance to your fairy tale assassination conspiracy theory.

But here we have the Americans insisting on doing things by the book, because a Democrat is in office.

"He is not the only tyran, Bush and Blair are being protected, when are we gonna see his trial? Again,"

Wishful thinking. That train left the station long ago.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

I don't refuse what sentence that Kadhafi deserved. I just wish he could reveal more details on how the lockerbie bomber got freed, what deal he got when he gave up nuclear plan...Men, we are entitled to know the truth. People have got to stop being too naive. He is not the only worst tyran, and only dupe naive would put this in their.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

So fucking what? Tony Blair wasn't even in the government at the time of the Lockerbie bomber's release.

Sane folks everywhere acknowledge that corrupt third world dictators cling to power through the patronage of the Great Powers (via oil revenues from the West, arms sales from China and Russia, or vice versa). Lionizing those corrupt third world dictators and faulting the Western imperialists when they finally get around to cleaning up the messes they've left doesn't even begin to address the problem. Imperialists will continue to exploit Africa as long as there are African elites willing to exploit other Africans.

• Amalie Sæverud

以后懒得用英文发言,一帮两面派的大白痴!

无罪推定原则,这个西方立法的根本。在卡扎菲身上就不能体现么?打着推翻独裁,推行民主的旗号发起的战争,在这时就不能体现一下民主精神了?对一个没有经过正式审判的独裁者的残酷谋杀,在西方媒体的集体沉默之下,就变的极其正当了而光荣了? 以暴制暴,一个嗜血者的对另一个嗜血者的残酷胜利,受害的还将是利比亚人民。象征着基地组织的黑色旗帜已经飘扬在班加西法院的上空,利比亚新国旗的上方!多么富有讽刺意味!西方联军这次似乎已经搬起了一个大大的石头砸向自己的脚!让我们拭目以待吧!

PS:今天在百度和一些国内新闻网站上盛传的 ”卡扎菲美女保镖已经被反对派虐杀!“ 的新闻,在google上查 “卡扎菲 女保镖” ,竟然直接跳转了!用英文查“Gaddafi bodyguard” 竟然是8月份关于卡扎菲和儿子强奸女保镖的旧闻!怎么说呢!? --------------TMD当人都是白痴呢!!!!!!!!!!!!!如果这件事情只是rumour的话,一些西方媒体以rumer,据称的形式,报道出来也无关大雅! 但是集体消失!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!集体沉默!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????  而且还玩起了跳转????!!!!

以前论坛上一些人讲这些西方媒体在报道一些第三世界国家民主新闻时,经常捏造,掩盖,我还笑而不语,总觉得应该比中国好点吧! 我现在算是看明白了!天下乌鸦一般黑,天下政权他妈都只是为自己宣传的或民主,或极端的政策而服务的! 以后这里某些人可以收声了!I mean keep their mouth shut on some issues!

这些龌龊的事情就在身边正在发生,使人不由怀疑自己是生活在文明社会么? 残暴,嗜血成性,替天行道,成王败寇,一如既往的冷漠旁观者和见到血就兴奋的嗜血看客们,以各式各样的其他正当理由粉墨登场!

但是,以民主为招牌的残暴就比集权的残暴更好么? 以 民主为借口 的新闻封锁它就不是封锁了么?

真丑陋!

太晚了,没心思写英文,那个好心人士,可以帮忙翻译一下,让不服气的各路“民主人士”可以继续激辩,可以继续宣传一下自己的“伪民主”!

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I thought I had recognized that Nicole Webber girl from another thread; it was this one. Watching her shut down High Priest was pretty 爽, but why's she working as undead feminazi Ayiela's mail carrier nowadays?

@., That's funny. I don't remember voting for a military intervention in Libya. War and imperialism always have and always will represent a paucity of democracy, not symptoms of it.

Revolution, on the other hand, is a bit of a grey area. Many unemployed Libyans were justly fed up with Gaddafi's heavy-handedness, flamboyance, and incompetence. They put their lives on the line to demand certain freedoms and rights, and Gaddafi killed them for their audacity. They needed outside help.

Revolutions are seldom successful without some degree of outside interference. Colonial Americans had help from the French. Chinese Maoists had help from the Russians. The French and the Russians had reasons for supporting revolutions which were unequivocally self-interested--pissing off the English and spreading Communism, respectively. Maybe "the West" aided the NTC for selfish reasons, but the all of the Great Powers--and that includes pretend-peacenik upstarts Russia and China--did business with Gadaffi for decades for selfish reasons, buying oil and selling guns. All our hands were stained with Libyan blood before NATO even started lobbing cruise missiles.

I don't think the NTC will replace the government with an Islamic theocracy as al-Qaeda might desire, but I think it is very clear that at least for a while, life for Libyans will be the Same Shit from a Different Asshole.

That said, "some people" should not "keep their mouths shut" on the issue, @. I welcome idiotic conspiracy theories from Chinese and Russians who're butthurt that the world just lost another petty dictator to buy their second-rate military hardware. Although I agree with some of their conclusions (the military-industrial complex is bad, mmmmmmmkay?), the cheap and hypocritical nationalism of their arguments give me reason to occasionally pivot and piss Eastwards.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Many unemployed Libyans were justly fed up with Gaddafi's heavy-handedness, flamboyance, and incompetence. They put their lives on the line to demand certain freedoms and rights, and Gaddafi killed them for their audacity.

I'm not sure if the unemployment rate of lybians is as high as that of the Americans. Remember, Kadhafi led Lybia to be the richest nation in Africa. Through  rising oil prices and extraction in Libya led to increasing revenues. By exporting as much oil per capita as Saudi Arabia and through various welfare programs, Libya achieved the highest living standard in Africa; though not as high as several similarly oil-rich Gulf countries  Libya remained debt-free.

Get the fact right boy!.

Stupid guys Like u are the only ones who would think Kadhafi is the only dictator to be killed while Bush is alive. Now he is dead, let see how the NTC and the imperialists would improve much more better Lybian's life condition.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I'm not sure if the unemployment rate of lybians is as high as that of the Americans.

@Demon, You're not sure but you'll make the implication anyway because you're intellectually lazy and you have a callous disregard for the facts.

In any case, it is irrelevant and also incorrect; America's unemployment rate is around 10%, while Libya's was twice that in 2009. The reason? Economies that are based around the export of a single resource are nearly always plagued by massive levels of unemployment. Saudi Arabia has similar problems. There's a reason all the 9/11 hijackers were from there, because they were people with nothing to lose but their lives.

I might also add that Americans are protesting their own miserable economic situation, as did Libyans and much of the rest of the Arab world did last spring. The difference is that while dictators the Gadaffi regime's military killed Libyan protestors, the American police are only trying to maim theirs.

Kadhafi led Lybia to be the richest nation in Africa.

Also incorrect. It is neither the richest in terms of nominal GDP or per capita GDP, but it enjoys a rather high ranking on the latter because of oil wealth, but like Saudia Arabia, that money is concentrated in the hands of a privileged elite.

Libya achieved the highest living standard in Africa

A dubious claim, as this is a subjective quality and therefore practically impossible to compare across an entire continent. Maybe the standard of living was high for privileged people within the Gaddafi regime, but not for common citizens. Or else they wouldn't have anything to complain about, right?

Unsurprising for a pathological liar masquerading as a man of God, all of your claims are transparently false. I still agree with the observation that international involvement is considerably less than heroic. However, trying to paint Gadaffi as a wise ruler is not helpful at all. He was a flamboyant tyrant who frivolously squandered his nation's wealth.

BTW If you want to try Bush for war crimes, you can have him. Please take him. If an angry mob of Libyans dragged him out of a hole and beat him to death, it might give Obama a reason to pull American troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq a bit quicker.

• Amalie Sæverud

exactly what I mean, that you should shut the fuck up on some issues!

I never say Kadhafi is not dictator or he is not deserve to die! I just say he should have been through an official trial and executed, not just been beating up to death!

I'm just shocked by the western press's biased report !

Read ! Before you comment any shit!

Any I don't think any country needs outside help on their way to democracy! Democracy is a process and will be succeed in everywhere! And if it need any form of revolution, I hope it's like quiet protests and gradually reformation!  Not some crule and bloody millitary attacks!!!!!!!!!!!

You have been brain washed too much, you really think you are democracy police or something?! Have faith and hope in democracy itself and have faith and hope in people of other nations! And I think things will be just fine!!!!!!!!! 

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@逼., First off, U MAD, and that prevents you from acknowledging that I never supported the war. I agree with your conclusions, but I am obliged to point out that your reasoning is utter shit.

I just say he should have been through an official trial and executed, not just been beating up to death!

Me too. I wish the angry mob of Libyans sent him to the ICC for war crimes (as well as George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and, fuck, why not, Henry Kissinger, but that's wishful thinking!)

Or did the superior Chinese media, which is free from bias, report that he was murdered by the CIA? Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if this was true, because I hate the CIA. But what in particular makes you think this, or the rape/murder of his female bodyguards, the fault of "the West?"

And if it need any form of revolution, I hope it's like quiet protests and gradually reformation!  Not some crule and bloody millitary attacks!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, and I'm sure the majority of the Libyan people initially agreed with the premise of bloodless revolution when they took to the streets like the rest of the Arab world and peacefully demanded political reforms. Unfortunately, Gadaffi didn't agree, and he sent his military to crush the opposition, which called on the international community to intervene.

I'm not a historian, but I can't recall any time that a vicious tyrant has been overthrown without violence. Maybe you can enlighten me.

You have been brain washed too much

Too much? Does that mean the Chinese media brainwashed you "just enough?" 洗洗更健康, indeed.

Perhaps you're right, and the Western media--which I've spent a lot of time pointlessly criticizing--did in fact brainwash me "too much," because they completely sterilized my brain with the antiseptic skepticism, leaving my brain basically fucking empty.

But as any Chinese girl who has had the 阴道病 will tell you, bacteria develop a resistant to antibiotics and come back with irritating persistence.

And that would explain why my mind is plagued by such dirty thoughts all the time in spite of my excessive brainwashing.

you really think you are democracy police or something?!

I said war represents a failure of democracy.

Have faith and hope in democracy itself and have faith and hope in people of other nations!

Put hope in one hand and shit in the other. Tell me which one fills up first.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

tl;dr

Want me to shut the fuck up? It's fucking simple. Stop being an embarrassment to sincere anti-war activism.

• Amalie Sæverud

thanks for your kindness to translate my B. to 逼, with your limited Chinese , I didn't expect anything better than that! thanks! And thanks for agree with me on most of the matters! Which I still strongly suggest you to agree with this one too ----- shut the fuck up!

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I strongly suggest you go fuck yourself, @屄.

I attended anti-war marches in 2003 to oppose the war in Iraq during a time when, for Americans, questioning the morality of the War on Terror was sheer fucking madness. It might seem insignificant to someone who wasn't there at the time, but I knew that Saddam Hussein didn't have WMDs and had nothing to do with al-Qaeda. These seem like simple premises to non-Americans, but in 2003 almost everyone in my neck of the woods was brainwashed to believe this shit. Some of them still do.

I didn't go through all that just so I could listen to childish idiots propagating conspiracy theories and ranting incoherently about the evils of "the West" (which doesn't even fucking exist as a discrete entity, you fucking morons). And since there are no pro-war people here for me to argue with, I'm obliged to dismantle fake anti-war people.

You're here now, so answer the questions I had asked, namely: 1) When has a violent dictator been overthrown without violence? 2) Why is the assassination of Gadaffi at the hands of his own people the fault of "the West"? Alternatively, you can shut the fuck up while grown folks are talking. Your choice.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

The world would be a better place if we didn't multiply, but if anyone should, it ought to be the hippies, peaceniks, and pacifists. Make love, not war.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... I have finally found the first book of Laurell Hamilton's Anita Blake series when I went home last month, and I happened to come across these couple of lines this morning (I am a slow reader) ...

I took a deep breath, and then realized I couldn't explain it to him. It was like trying to explain the mechanics of breathing. You could break it down into steps, but that didn't tell you what it felt like to breathe.

Somehow, or at least to me, these seem relevant to what you guys are saying ...

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Evil, 1) When has a violent dictator been overthrown without violence? 2

Ferdinand Marcos (Philippines Dictator) was removed from power without war (Violence) Read more about People Power

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@DD, Fuck that noise. There is nothing mysterious or ineffable about this topic. It is very effing effable.

Modern warfare is merely a visible symptom of a more pervasive problem: the military-industrial complex. War is unequivocally the most terrifying waste of human ingenuity and natural resources on the planet, yet it is extremely profitable for people in the business of war. The lines between national defense and commerce are blurred.

It is no coincidence that the five permanent members of the UN Security Council are also the five biggest arms manufacturers. But arms manufacturing isn't the only way the military-industrial complex makes money. They fucking diversify. America's got private security firms (read: mercenaries) like Blackwater (now Xe) and diverse contractors like Haliburton, while China's PLA has vast commercial holdings.

"No blood for oil" is a great slogan to chant in a march or right on a sign, but it's too simplistic an explanation for an online discussion. Even if Libya didn't have oil, there would still be people in the military-industrial complex doing a costs/benefits analysis of regime change. The real prize is not the oil, but access to government contracts to build and rebuild infrastructure.

And that's why China and Russia cried foul when NATO stepped in to help the NTC. They had comparatively closer diplomatic ties to the Gadaffi regime, and seeing him toppled was against their interests. Their policies of "not interfering with other countries' affairs" is just Orwellian lip-service: doing business with dictators means turning a blind eye when they decide to kill their own protesters. Everyone interferes with everyone else's political affairs. That's what globalization fucking means.

My point is that if people are really serious about ending war non-violently, it can only be accomplished democratically. Calling Westerners violent brainwashed imperialists is unpersuasive and gets us no closer to world peace.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Ferdinand Marcos was deposed before he could complete the metamorphosis from authoritarian asshole to violent dicktator. Political assassinations are not the same as sending the military to slaughter the opposition, and actually it was his willingness to resort to violence that resulted in his downfall. Besides, the Philippines had comparably well-developed democratic institutions which are absent in most other dictatorial regimes.

Besides, Marcos held an election before he was exiled. Gadaffi was presented with similar options (albeit against the wishes of the NTC), but he refused.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Marcos was supported by the U.S. right up until he was given safe passage to Hawaii with suitcases full of pilfered gold. Likewise, you'll get no justifications for imperialism from this troll, because it is impossible for me to understand the nuances of Filipino politics.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I'm anticipating quite a puppet show in post-Gadaffi Libya.

Even elected representatives are no more than puppets, though. Even the best politicians must be huge assholes, because they have the people's hands up their asses, rather than just Uncle Sam's.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

It's more like a reality show for some people.

• Amalie Sæverud

FUCK YOURSELF ! IT SEEMS YOU HAVEN'T FUCKED FOR YEARS! SO YOU ARE DELUSIONAL WITH THESE FUCKING WORDS! 逼!屄! continue! any other words can relieve your sexual tension?!!!!!!!!!

FUCKING SHUT UP YOUR MORON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS to your questions:

I never say a violent dictator shouldn't be overthrown without violence!

IF THEIR PEOPLE DECIDE TO DO IT VOILENTLY, IT'S THEIR CHOICE! IF ANYONE'S BLOOD IS NEEDED , THEN IT'S THEIR BLOOD! IF THEY DIDN'T SUCCEED THIS TIME, IT MEANS THEY DIDN'T BLEED ENOUGH! BUT YOU FUCKING OUTSIDE HELP SHOULD FUCKING STAY OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST HOPE THINGS COULD BE MORE CIVILISED!

DID YOU GET ME THIS TIME, YOU FUCKING MORON?

I NEVER SAY " assassination of Gadaffi at the hands of his own people the fault of "the West" "!!!!!

I JUST THINK THE WEST SHOULDN'T PUT THEIR CLAWS TOO INSIDE AND OVERJOY THE ASSASSINATION OF GADAFFI TOO SOON! AND I'M DISAPPOINTED AT THEIR BIASED AND SELECTIVE REPORT ABOUT THE WHOLE THING!!!!! AND THUS SOMEONE SHOULDN'T FEEL SO CONFIDENT TO DEFEND THEIR PRESS'S INTEGRITY AND OBJECTIVITY!!!!!!!!!

AND I NEVER SAY I'M A ANTI-WAR ACTIVATOR OR SOMETHING!!! I JUST SAID SOMETHING THAT NORMAL PEOPLE WOULD SAY! YOU SHOULD STOP LAVELING YOURSELF AS ANTI-WAR EXPERT!!!

IF THERE IS EVER A SUITABLE LABEL FOR YOU, IT SHOULD BE MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Lucifer, who the fuck gives much credit to reuters writing when it comes to what it says about countries that are not in good terms with the imperialist nations? Do u think they can write good things about China or Lybya in the time of Kadhafi? When it comes to economy, Kadhafi has done pretty well comparing to the time he took over despite embargo the country was subject to as u can see here. We all know that imperialist methods to get rid off those they don't like.

This website is down I can't insert hyperlinks.. http://www.ask.com/wiki/EconomyofLibya

Fantastic growth rates proved unsustainable in the face of global oil recession and international sanctions. Consequently the GDP per capita shrank by 42% in the 1980s. Successful diversification and integration into the international community helped current GDP per capita to cut further deterioration to just 3.2% in the 1990s.

Libyan GDP per capita was about $40 in the early 1950s and it rose to $1,018 by 1967. In 1966 alone, per capita GDP rose by 42 percent.

http://www.ask.com/wiki/EconomyofLibya

"Political assassinations are not the same as sending the military to slaughter the opposition" What the fuck is that? Killing is killing.

) When has a violent dictator been overthrown without violence? Marcos Ferdinand, Slobodan Milošević,

Read about Bulldozer revolution, Rose revolution, orange revolution, people power revolution to just name these. Don't think u know everything.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Geopolitics is too sophisticated for some people, who might B's rant to be "说得好" even though she had nothing to say other than SCREAMING IN CAPSLOCK, repeatedly calling me a moron, and whining about "biased" Western media reports which she never read and would be incapable of understanding had she even bothered.

Likewise, I JUST HOPE THINGS COULD BE MORE CIVILISED and that one could formulate an argument against armed oppression without stooping to blind nationalism and sweeping generalizations. I doubt I'll live long enough to see that.

When has a violent dictator been overthrown without violence? Marcos Ferdinand, Slobodan Milošević,

The Balkan conflict was anything but bloodless, and Ferdinand Marcos never had the power of a dictator. Besides, Marcos hadn't yet completed the task of replacing the previous oligarchy with his own cronies. He was an authoritarian, but he simply didn't have as much power over his country's institutions as Gadaffi.

Violent dictators cannot be overthrown without violence. What is more important is opposing the industrialization of warfare. This is what anti-war activism should focus on, not speculation on the motives of belligerents.

And as I said before, Libya had a massive amount of capital because of oil revenues, but it was all concentrated within the government. Any development economist will tell you that GDP and even per capita GDP do not give a complete picture of a nation's economy. The Catholic church, for example, is quite rich, but its adherents are among the poorest people in the world.

Because the only developed industry in Libya was oil extraction, unemployment soared; a country cannot depend on just one export. This is not a trait of a healthy economy. Malingering unemployment was the final nail in the coffin for Gadaffi, because people without jobs feel as though they have nothing left to lose.

Unfortunately, the Libyan people did not have the military resources to do the job themselves, so they had to outsource violence to mercenary and imperialistic Westerners.

It's really a waste of my time to lecture you shitheads. You're not even anti-war. You're just anti-West. Oh well. Hit me with your best shot. There's nothing I'd like to see more than mature and sophisticated anti-war activism, and I'm more than willing to engage in a war of words to see that happen.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。[br] [br] (continued) ...

You're not even anti-war. You're just anti-West. [br]

Hahahahaha ... 单独子儿 ... how long did it take you to figure that out? [br] [br] Well, that's not completely true ... most (or all) of them DO long for the "freedom" (of choice) often represented by the western media, and they DO try to adhere to that lifestyle, but at the same time, they dread for (or just "they dread"?) the "cost" that comes with such freedom ...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@DD, It's not the first time I've said it, and it bears repeating. And I think the exchange between me and B. crystallizes the problem quite clearly; she can't even quite figure out what my opinion is, but that won't stop her or anyone else from carelessly tossing around crude generalizations and speculations of intentions, as if I ever supported the invasion.

I never did.

Although I have made attempts to rationalize the invasion of Libya as something considerably more complicated than "blood for oil," I never said I supported the military intervention. In fact, on a philosophical level I personally reject just war theory itself on the grounds that any sort of organized military action does the greatest harm to non-combatants not by collateral damage of poorly aimed bullets and off-target bombs, but disruption to the economy and other institutions.

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.

Who said this?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

...[br] [br] (continued) ...

she can't even quite figure out what my opinion is[br]

... based on someone else's opinion about her (though they only met once when we had dinner at 艾伦 together), I somehow think that she does, but she might not want to admit it ... but then, it might be just me, and someone else, heehee ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.