随便叫兽 wrote:

Gender differences

Cultural differences

Language exchange

Shopping

Relationshit

Choose one.

• Silje Linnerud

I choose none, however relationshit is a good one. 

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Religion threads usually degenerate into a fuck-awful troll-off where I quote obscure passages of the Bible relating to sex and violence while High Priest calls me a drug addict.

Nobody gives a fuck about religion here.

• Silje Linnerud

Touche, Dando. And who gives a damn about what HP says. 

• Joligne
    Joligne wrote:

$

• Silje Linnerud

Kyle, you are the flirty master. 

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

"I don't know why people put confucianism into the religion category"

I don't know why you wouldn't.

• Father Of Boring

Confucianism has all those temples.  And you make sacrifices to a statue.  That's pretty religious...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Some sects of Buddhism place considerably less focus on supernatural bullshit, and in fact you don't really have to believe in anything to practice Zen. Similarly, there were a lot of rationalist philosophers of the European Enlightenment who were sponsored by the Church, and their philosophical contributions have withstood the advance of secularism.

While it's possible to parse the objective and rational social philosophy of Confucianism from the ancestor worship, I think it's still a rather crude form of historical revisionism to deny Confucianism's religious roots.

• Father Of Boring

While it's possible to parse the objective and rational social philosophy of Confucianism from the ancestor worship, I think it's still a rather crude form of historical revisionism to deny Confucianism's religious roots.

Yeah, exactly, it's an ethical/moral philosophy built ON TOP of religion, and kind of falls apart in terms of its justifications without the underlying religion to support it.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I blame Catholic missionaries for the confusion of Confucianism.

• Silje Linnerud

well, julie, your definition of religion is way too simple and narrow. I think there's no big difference between confucianism and other religions. No matter for whichever reason they were created, they'd been used as a tool to control people by the rulers. 

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

And where did Kant get that idea?

Like I said, and as you've pointed out, the Golden Rule exists in different forms in many different religions. But as useful as these crude pre-Kantian categorical imperatives might be, the social organizations are still religious because the way people express their adherence to such ideals is through rituals like sacrificial offerings to ancestors.

Furthermore, if you really examine other religions, you find that some of their idiosyncratic and seemingly supernatural rules were at one time or another rational and scientific. Not eating pork? That's a smart move for people who live in deserts.

Yeah. Confucianism is practical. There are practical elements of other religions if you bother to examine them in a historical context.

• Mari Vidste
    Mari Vidste wrote:

Unhappy with the recycling of typical dead-end thread topics, one could choose to post a non-thread destined for automatic fail,

or

one could contribute something new and interesting, as an example for those stuck on the hamster wheel.

For instance (combining sex and religion):

Would you fuck Jesus?

or (combining racism and botany):

Why do niggers love watermelon?

or...

• Father Of Boring

Julie - 晚明早清时候罗马派几个教父来到中国积累知识吧,孔子传到西方是通过他们的手来翻译的。罗马把这些翻译整理和分析之后呢。。。天主教还有个比较铁的规定,既是禁止“神像崇拜”,就是不能崇拜或信仰一个物质体或人物。有的宗教不是说什么圣山、一个什么石头、一个什么雕刻、树,动物之类代表上帝,不能碰它。。。天主教觉得这样不对,“上帝”是碰不到见不到的。

中国么,当时有皇帝,天主教一直摸不准“皇帝”是不是被中国人考虑为凡人界的上帝代表物,而因此不知道崇拜皇帝该不该属于罪孽。这个争论接着一百多年。Dando连接讲是将这些的。

• Silje Linnerud

wow, Lao Lee, you really discovered the most effective way to kill a thread. hush... we are still having fun here. 

• Father Of Boring

@godfather - I respond where asked.  Ask me in PM, I'll answer in PM.  Ask me here, I'll answer here.  

@Julie - it is important though, because they eventually judged it WAS a sin, which pissed off Kangxi, and he told the Catholics to fuck off back to Macao.

• Father Of Boring

Also, if you believe in Confucius, get your incense sticks out, because here he comes....

In practicing the rules of propriety, a natural ease is to be prized. In the ways prescribed by the ancient kings, this is the excellent quality, and in things small and great we follow them.

• Silje Linnerud

Pete, you are a monkey full of jealousy, Dando brought so much joy for everyone of us in trolling threads. NO ARGUEMENT, NO FUN. 

• Father Of Boring

"Dandu zi'er" = "lone son", but is mostly just a phonetic translation of "Dando Z".  随便叫兽, suibian jiao shou, "call me/him a beast whenever/however you like", I have no idea about, though.  What is the story behind that?

NO ARGUEMENT, NO FUN. 

No he isn't a monkey; no he's not fun!  And arguments suck!  

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Actually it's Evanescence and Scott who come up with the best .gifs. I'm more fond of memes and image macros.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

That bong looks fogged inside but I don't see a slide, so I think someone else must have helped the youngun with the lighting and preparatory inhale. Gonna have to take the training wheels off the bike eventually, junior.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Religion threads usually degenerate into a fuck-awful troll-off where I quote obscure passages of the Bible relating to sex and violence while High Priest calls me a drug addict.

Nobody gives a fuck about religion here.

I wonder when Danda & Co would log in on this site without thinking or talking about HP.

No worries, the time of thunderstorm, we shall have umbrellas to use, but we shall chose to get wet.

High Priest__Women Advocate

• 随便叫兽
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... 单独子儿, why did you use a big box? This should be what all it boils down to:

... since we have Snake and Pussy already, Godfather is automatically the candidate as the chicken ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... hahahaha ... took you long enough ... I wonder you might have really been cooked in the pot ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... hahahahaha ... like we often say in the game of Mah Jong, 三缺一, where is the last one?

... another term you might want to know, is 三娘教子 ...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Fuck's sake, I didn't even change my name, you illiterate morons. I've been using the handle 单独子 for well over a year. I only removed the English spelling because I knew it would befuddle a squad of dipshits who can't even be bothered to use translation software.

• Silje Linnerud

yeah, I remember that. 

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Cipherie, Have u been cooked yet>? U r in Dando's hands, otherwise, WLIB CEO

will cook u.

Good luck!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) .... hahahaha ... Snake, as far as cooking is concerned, again, you just proved that you have no idea what you were talking about ...

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Wlib CEO Dildo, I didn't know it were u till u mentioned that u a marcrocephalous. I used my cam and shot u this one. No wonder u got cooking skill. Is you cooking delicious or malicious?

So this the shop where u bought balls and stuff u cooked for your boys today?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.