Discussion » Sports & Activities » Where can I watch france rugby game ?

• Jaime Pastagueule
    Jaime Pastagueule wrote:
    <p>Does anyone know if we can watch the world cup game anywhere aroud beijing ? thanks , allez les bleus</p>
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

Firstly, you can Allez Les Bleus all you want, we're still going to hammer you tomorrow! 

For rugby watching, Sanlitun is the obvious choice. Paddy O'Sheas has it but the Beijing Welsh Society will be there, so you'll be watching it with a large group of Welshmen if you go to that bar. 

I'll be watching it with other members of the Beijing Devils rugby team. We have a match earlier that day but will be going back to The Den afterwards. We have a huge group of Frenchies, though I think the neutrals will be supporting us. The main strike against The Den is it'll be packed full of people there to watch the game, and forget about getting a seat unless you get there early. 

The Stumble Inn will also have it, and I guess might be less crowded. The same for the other sports bar upstairs at the village. 

Failing that, you can also find it in other random bars as it's on Chinese cable, so you don't need to go specifically to a bar with a satellite package to get the foreign sports channel. 

Bang Bang Pizza in Shuangjing also has shown games, but they can be hit and miss when it comes to opening times: twice I've gone there expecting to catch the rugby but it was shut, whereas it was open for the England games. 

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

Want to eat your words! Wales got hammered?

Not really: we lost by a point after having our captain sent off in the first quarter of the game and still dominated the match with 14 players in wet conditions. We did however deserve to lose for having so many opportunities to win it, but I think most people who watched the match recognise that France were lucky to have gotten through: even theit coach stated that  they had a 'Guardian Angel' afterwards. 

I spent all that day in a hospital having my thumb put back in place after dislocating it in a rugby match earlier that day, so missed the game too!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.