Discussion » Technology » Need a new laptop computer

• Tux (永安)
    Tux (永安) wrote:
    <p>Hi everybody,</p> <p>My current laptop computer start to become dead. I want a Asus or Lenovo laptop computer with:</p> <ul> <li>- core i7</li> <li>- 4 Go DDR3</li> <li>- 15,4" screen</li> </ul> <p>Do you think buying this stuff on internet is safe? or I have to go to a computer shop?</p>
  • Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

be careful with online shops,better go to the real shop,you can find them or make the change if any problems with the laptop...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I think the online shops are no less trustworthy than the vendors at Zhongguancun.

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

my friend has a computer shop in Zhongguancun,my apple was bought from him,was not bad,his shop already more than 7 years

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

There are no genuine Apple retailers in Zhongguancun, though.

Don't get me wrong, I love shanzhai and second-hand stuff--I bought a used Lenovo ThinkPad in the US because I knew it would be very easy to repair. But I don't trust the retailers at Zhongguancun any farther than I can throw them.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... does people still buy brand?

My no-brand laptop was bought a year ago from ZGC for rmb1500, it has worked fine, except that the battery, which only worked for less than an hour when fully charged, so I bought a "bigger" battery which can go on for about 3-4 hours ...

... only if I had foreseen the huge rush of China-made pads, I would have waited, and then paid an extra two grand for one ...

... on second thought, I have to say, I am quite happy with it ... by the way, where can I get the sound card driver for Windows 8 preview edition?

• Tommy King
    Tommy King wrote:

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.