Discussion » Beijing Life » why do women (esp. chinese women) r all ea

• WeLiveInBeijingRess
    WeLiveInBeijingRess wrote:
    <p>i take it coz ppl want to divorce thus they have to marry first, am i right?</p> <p>seems like every foreign guy here can get a marriage offer every 2 days</p>
  • WeLiveInBeijingRess

it's good ur family is happy, but honestly how many ppl marry for love? all the girls u got marriage offers from love u madly?

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

i am not surprised u said so, coz u r a woman, it should be like that in ur imagination, coz u tend to think with ur emotions, not ur brain

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

i have to make it clear it's not that i don't believe in love, i think love should be something defenitly wonderful, it's just i hate to see ppl always confuse marriage and love together, it's 2 totally different things, and a marriage seem a good chance to ruin pure love

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

it's good ppl marry for love, but women here r more like looking for a husband blindly, only bacause of their insecurity, they r totally confused, and then go to confuse the guys they meet

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

i don't have any pressure from anywhere, i am glad i am a chinese woman who can make my own desicions, i just feel sorry for the guys who always meet the women like u, no wonder they r always scared away, u should think about it carefully why it is hard for u to get married if u r so eager for it, it's ok if u want to get married to get rid of ur insecruity, i just wonder how long it can last, hope u wouldn't expect it to be life long tho

and have mercy for the guy who catches u

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

Catherine Zheng

i always admire women who have their own opinion, know what they want,, how things really work, just be polite tho, no need to be too harsh to me

cheers

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

chinese parents never teach their children how to love ppl, they r a big fail in educationing their children, they r just afraid of what each other think and talk about them, they just tell u to marry is something must be done in ur life without giving any convincening resaons

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

i do have strong opinions, u guys don't have opinions or probably just weak ones, anyhow, i don't know u, maybe u r one of the rare ppl who understand life very well

yeah, i am too different and strange, but i am not saying that everybody should be like me, it's my own choice to avoid marriage (who knows, i do change my mind very often, and maybe some guy strikes me a lot on some day that i lose my mind, but i still know i will divorce for sure),

i am just saying that u should think independently, not to follow the crowds, perhaps learn how to deal a married life well before u get it, guys r better in this case, still it would be better for them to understand more about women, but the fact is they don't want it so desperately as women do, and always get called assholes for this, i just don't think this makes any sense, not even fair

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

should celebrate a little, my forum is the 1000 forum in beijing life

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

u defenitly r, most the ppl from middle class families and well-developed countries r, maybe u r upper class, i am not sure

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

well, here u r again, yeah, u can call everything sickness, but facts and time prove it right or wrong, not you,

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

i do realize i am a different person, who tend to look deep in life, i am funny, and i take it as a good asset, don't u think everything is better than boring, just like u

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

yeah. let me be honest i envy ppl who r happy every day, who love life, who always look on the bright side, who want families and babies, but they know how to deal it well, they understand the essence of it, what is the essential meaning of it, they know how to make it better, to love the ppl who give them all this, i am negative sometimes, but i do not think most of the chinese ppl (esp young girls) understand what it should be like, that is why i am here complaining about

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

love doesn't go with marriage from the beginning, love is the emotion u have as an instinct, i didn't read the history when that marriage was founded, but it must be some funny person, haha, well, it seems like a better way to control the society tho, i know someone who 26 now, his parents get married last year, i adore them, they r the real wonderful ppl in the world, i strongly believe they get married is for love, and i wish all the best  to them

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

i didn't notice that there r a lot women stay up this late like me, i was expecting more comments from guys actually, honestly i don't pay much attention to what women comment here,

esp. Chinese women attack each other so willingly and they are afraid of being criticized by other women, so now here r a bunch of them criticiz me , only because i have different opinion which they cannot convincingly prove wrong, i do feel a bit uncomfortable when got distasteful and impolite words like idiot and sick, but it happens, and doesn't mean it's really my problem, i just want to say be creative and more strong-opinioned, its for ur own good

nite nite all u insecure ladies, my best advice is stop ruinning other ppl's life

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahahaha ... Catherine ... and all Australian people are fat ... which might be why my wife did not want to stay here ... heehee ... 

Putting aside Chinese culture etc for the moment ... as hard as it is to imagine someone would marry without love, such marriages do exist, I actually prefer to call this "business transactions" for an obvious reason ...

Dont mean to brag (heehee, ok, a little?) but my wife did say that she has nearly given up the idea of finding a man until she met me, and I also know of many girls on this site enjoying their lovingly relationships, some even made plan to marry, so to generalize a few (perhaps a large number of) specific cases to all Chinese women would seem harsh, or even fairly ignorant ...

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

The guilty are the gods!! There are two little daemons that whispers to us:

One is continually filling our heads with prospects of futurity; a settlement, family, children.... we call this motherfucker CARE.

The other one is as pernicious a counsellor as the other, and filling our heads with present momentary gratification, or the satisfying of the prevailing inclination. We call this one, PLEASURE.

They are very jealous, if one couple is together under the auspicies of one of them, the other will try to break up the union. For example, Pleasure will summon Temptations and affaires... and If Care doesn´t help, passion will not survive in hard times, when hungry and poverty knock the door.

So before marriage all us have to consulting these two, Care and Pleasure, and obtaining the consent of both to the conjunction. If we want to have happy marriage.

Hume was a cool guy !!! More here... 

http://www.econlib.org/library/LFBooks/Hume/hmMPL44.html#Part III, Essay V, OF LOVE AND MARRIAGE

• Ajantha Manohar

Kyle- when a girl swallows, that means she loves u! and If a girl lets you shag ass her, then she is your better half !!

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

haha were any of you ever offered money to marry? 

• Joligne
    Joligne wrote:

BREEDING AGE  IS THE MAIN REASON OF WHY WOMEN WANT TO GET MARRIED SOON. THAY WANT TO HAVE KIDS AS EARLIER AS POSSIBLE. DONT WANT TO WAIT TILL T HEY GET OLD!

• Saint - Spartacus

my question is if girls will free tragic if she never get married , never have kids , never have a family in her life ....

if she feel tragic to be alone for a whorle life and at the last moment , she regret sth that she never owned

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Word.

This world needs fewer breeders.

China. Got leftover women? I'll eat 'em. I'm very hungry.

• Saint - Spartacus

leftover women will 
    multiplied squared in few years ... ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... Catherine... not all Australians are that fat, thanks, but I am considered quite big if I am in China, heehee ...  

By the way, what's with all these interestingly silly threads lately? I would rather talk about food, food and, well, food :)

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Yaya, "I think, to have a family, to want to be a mother...are very natural things, it's woman's nature, and many other animals do the same things, otherwise human beings were not designed the way we are today.."

>it's woman's nature
    >human beings
    >designed

Did you learn that in Church?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... this spring is one of the coldest so far, but it is not too bad ... the air is fresh and the environment is much cleaner, what more can I ask for, right? 

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

i noticed that i looked at things narrowly, but i still don't believe in marriage, i ignored women who r not after marriage and also those who married happily, i used words incorrectly, all would be a too subtle and inproper word, i started this thread with strong temperory self emotion, but still i would mention again about the fact that a lot foreign guys get marriage offers from women they know for a very short time, some r not even more than a week, and i do believe that most of them didn't think about it carefully and independently

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

Everybody wants something.  Some always want what others can give them.  So be it............  Im not into marriage.  At least not yet. I definitely do not need a mini me walking around.  To me having children in a world like ours is highly irresponsible.  We need to start allowing natural selection to select.

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

yeah, i agree with Kodi

it's highly irresponsible for ppl like me to have children, i don't believe myself in this case, whenever i think about i couldn't be very helpful with my children's problems i just feel so bad, i am a unhappy person, i couldn't stand to effect my children to be like the same

• Micky
    Micky wrote:

@Mimi Zhao, Maybe you're too young to think of marriage challenges.  Wait for few more years.. maybe you'll say something different.

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

tell us ur reasons first~~~~~~~~ u said all, which should include urself ~~~~~~

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Marriage, its not a word its a sentence.

A life sentence, nay, a death sentence.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Because you fancy yourself the warden, no doubt.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

To say I hate you vastly overestimates my fuck-giving capacity.

Don't be so egotistical. I have next to zero interest in persons who conceive of relationships in terms of possessions or possessives.

• SHAN WEI
    SHAN WEI wrote:

Not only chinese women are eager to get married, it is universal . once they met the right guy. vice versa, guys are the same. at least some of them

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

Could be

1) Dreams of freedom, escape from parental authority....

2) Pressures from parents that wishes amortize their own daughter as soon as posible.....

3) Suposing that she has a monthly wage around 2000-3000 RMB and keeping in mind the standard requeriments for the future husband (good salary, car, aparment...), Marriage seems a good and secure investment (profitable even in divorce case), and a realistic way to have a quality of life in Beijing.

Don´t forget, Marriage was invented by women, while Harem was invented by men :P

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.