Discussion » Nonsense » NOTICE: Wormhole VPN is being updated.

• Edward Z
    Edward Z wrote:
    <p>Doesn't time fly! Worms how are you doing?</p> <p>I posted my Free VPN system here this June. Till now it looks working in good condition. Thank you all worms who supported me so much.</p> <p><a href="http://weliveinbeijing.com/discussion/thread.rails?tid=1000008318">http://weliveinbeijing.com/discussion/thread.rails?tid=1000008318</a></p> <p><a href="http://weliveinbeijing.com/discussion/thread.rails?tid=1000008336">http://weliveinbeijing.com/discussion/thread.rails?tid=1000008336</a></p> <p>Due to heavy duty&nbsp;on wormhole server, I have to make a difficult decision ---- update the wormhole system. This update will takes about 1 week. After this update we hope to have a more&nbsp;efficient worm-friendly information system.</p> <p><span style="color: #ff0000;">In the comeing week wormhole service will switch to a engineering mode. That means the Default mode and Enhance mode will not working at the same time. If&nbsp;worms can not log in from Default mode they can try Enhance mode, if the Enhance mode not working please try Default mode.</span></p> <p><span style="color: #000000;">Thanks for your try and trust!</span></p>
  • №❶ Passioη

version 10X?

It was quite a good thing till it brought up that message in red

"You have reached a max blah blah contact your administrator"

And could you stop calling clients worms? :P What's in V10? :)

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

My wormhole has been working since. It's just an amazing VPN. More grease on  ur elbow Edward!

The only thing is that it changes completely the IP address to HongKong's. Overall, great stuff!

• Edward Z
    Edward Z wrote:

Hi Passio``blah

Yes, what you have seen is true. Wormhole now have so many worms inside...too many sessions...

For a temporary solution I have to set a sessions cap to keep the server alive. We have a 500 sessions limit for each user. I hope Wormhole server can give users more sessions after this update.

By the way, normally a sigle computer can hardly use up more than 300 sessions only when it have a p2p software online.

V10```I suppose we could have a version 9.9 client after this update. Version 10 is still on reasarching. V9.9 client should be very close to V10, it has a  different server program from V9.8x. It's a firm big step to V10.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Will this work through OpenVPN? I'm a Linux geek.

• Edward Z
    Edward Z wrote:

Hi Dando nice to meet you.

I'm always trying to find a way need not a setup process to let user get a VPN service. I do think an OpenVPN is a good choice but its client need to be setuped in system. so```

I think a SSTP over RouterOS should be a better way than OpenVPN solution to windows users if we could have a free high level RouterOS and radius system.

Anyway I'm not profasional in this field. I think if any master chould help me, Wormhole should have a better future.

• Edward Z
    Edward Z wrote:

H.P.

Thank you for your encouragement. I'll try my best.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@EdwardZ,

That's the thing. I'm not a Windows user. I'm a Linux user.

So, any VPN that requires me to download and install a program isn't going to work for me. This has prevented me from using other "free" VPN services which contain advertising software, like Freegate and Hotspot Shield.

However, because the OpenVPN is built into my normal network management options, I can, theoretically, connect to any VPN service. I just need the login information: gateway, username, password, and certificates (if necessary)

• Silje Linnerud

yeah, the same problems occured here. I can't access to my FB now. 

• Edward Z
    Edward Z wrote:

Scott and Cipherie thanks for your try.

Due to the Wormhole network test and user authentication test, Wormhole server now in a very astable condition. We lucky the Wormhole didn't explode yet (but almost```).

Sience exploration always cause explosion```

Don't worry, Wormhole is still alive. It will be back soon.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.