Discussion » Current Events » Denmark introduces world's first-ever “f

• Checkered
    Checkered wrote:
    <p>Should UK do this as well?</p> <p>I am in GB, where there's this world wide known obesity problem, Danes ascI know are fine with their figures.</p>
  • Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

when there are taxes ,,,,,there will be return more to who pay the taxes.....but fact is if ya pay the taxes and get nothing return.......so better pay nothing and let the government do some free services....

• V. Bilrost
    V. Bilrost wrote:

China had mooncake tax this year......

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Jorrit, I think you miss the point. As far as I understand, the small tax increase is not to discourage people from buying but instead it's to use that tax for paying for the extra strain on the state's medical system and also for funding awareness about healthy eating and stuff like that.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

...? what? Using taxes from discouraging people to buy burgers, alcohol or cigarettes would be stupid, it doesn't work at all. For proof, look at any country in the world and any of its taxed goods, people are styill buying them. Legislators would have to be even thicker than the buyers they are trying to influnce if they thought that taxing something was going to prevent people from buying it. If you wanted it to work you would also make the tax so high that people would actually stop being able to regularly afford it. 

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.