Discussion » Current Events » Growth under pressure

• Joligne
    Joligne wrote:
    <p style="text-align: justify;"><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: x-small;">After a brief rebound, the global economy is back on its heels again. Persistent stagnation in <span id="lw_1317490150_0">Europe</span> and renewed weakness in the US mean that the developed world's global output in the medium term won't be better than anemic&mdash;and the risk of another sharp downturn is real. But businesses must not stop their quest for growth even in gloomy times.<br /><br />This package offers approaches for making the most of an uncertain and pressured environment. &ldquo;<a href="http://e.mckinseyquarterly.com/1b69f1994layfousibonpclqaaaaaayj3zqosqeerqiyaaaaa" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Going for growth in a go-slow world</a>,&rdquo; available on the McKinsey &amp; Company Web site, recalibrates the economic outlook and shows how businesses can use their economic muscle and strategic options to maintain momentum. Also there, &ldquo;<a href="http://e.mckinseyquarterly.com/1558b2dc0layfousibonpclyaaaaaayj3zqosqeerqiyaaaaa" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"><span id="lw_1317490150_1">What business can do to restart growth</span></a>&rdquo; argues that business should take the lead in driving innovation and investment to restore growth. Finally, our <a href="http://e.mckinseyquarterly.com/19d34e78elayfousibonpcmaaaaaaayj3zqosqeerqiyaaaaa" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"><span id="lw_1317490150_2">September economic conditions snapshot survey</span></a> homes in on the reasons business leaders are ratcheting down expectations for a robust economic rebound. </span></p>
  • Joligne
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

I suspect a lot of these economic woes are actually caused by economic growth. In the long run measures to increase ecoomc groth are probably gonna cause a whole lot more pain...

• Father Of Boring

If this economy keeps up like it is, I'm gonna be up to my neck in shitty housemates and bosses.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

yeah, I'm getting like an extra shitty boss and housemate like every month now...

Monriver, salary and prices are a little bit related to the economy (just a tiny bit)

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

The financial crisis is not over yet. The recovery is not a real one. Countries like the US and EU face a far worse crisis  than the financial one if things are not taken seriously. 

The main reason that lead to this situation is "deregulation on the wall-street". That's said, the US is the first nation to be blamed from this mindless deregulation in US arena that have affected whole the world.

The crisis would not be over until the financial regulation is restored, but what happened when the US current government pointed out that there's a need of regulating the market? The wall-street succeeded to block the re-regulation.Moreover, the response to the crisis has planted seeds for new crises. This led to the explosion of the US goverment budget deficit. 

If republicans, are continue blocking the regulation of wall-street, it's gonna lead to another crisis__Lost of confidence in the US $ as a world reserve currency. This may disrupt the international payment mechanism. It's gonna be hard for the US as a country to be able to pay for its import and its own currency, this also gonna lead to the decline of the living standard as the ability to import declines too.

Let's hope world leaders, and US law makers especially, take appropriate measures to put their greeds aside and deal with this issue seriously. I'm happy people to go out and protest ato call the attention of these thieves to come together and solve this situation.

High Priest

• Silje Linnerud

OMG, I don't know why I clicked in.

• Father Of Boring

And MAN are those Slovakians pissed about how they have to pay for Greece!

• Silje Linnerud

Focus222, I know why, cuz seeing people messing around is fun. and you can be part of it, too. Although those so-called China's middle class do stink like hell. 

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Scott, do u want to kill this thread? U got warned!

• Silje Linnerud

HP, it's not a crime to kill a thread, right?  or you just dialed 110 calling for help from the cops? 

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Cipherie, thanks for giving me that number. Scott number is 250

@Scott, I'm sure most people here never saw ur long paragraphs comments here.

I guess u didn't go out last night did u?

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Ami, some rather uncool things have been happening to the planet between 1929 and 2008, that are kinda related to economic growth. Cute graph though...

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Scott, u should provide us with insights on the economy rather than talking trash on how HP is homophobic, mysogynist.

@Ami, Do more reading from different economic analysts, it's alarming what their views are concerning this issue.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

ha ha, u getting more funny brotha! Have u joined Mr Bean or what?

The financial crisis is mainly American crisis, this crisis spread abroad by the scale of toxic financial instruments. The real financial crisis is much worse than the financial crisis. The real American crisis if the offshoring of U.S. manufacturing, industrial and professional service job such as soffware engineering and IT.

That's why we can see Scott PhD in Anthropology running out of the U.S. to come by in Beijing and become Kindergarten teachers for 6k RMR a month and crying to pay the tax to the PRC. 

Hihg Priest

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Ami, it is probably why I took Sociology.

The point is, that the focus all the major institutions in the world have on economic growth is probably counter-productive.

The ever expanding cycle of produce, consume, produce, consume, is causing a lot of problems. Saying that, I'm gonna go and produce and consume a sandwich right now...

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Ami, yes, priests pay tax. Not very high, they pay tax as everyone depending on their incomes. But some Priest like us don't pay, because we took a vow of poverty:)

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

that was a pretty good sandwich....

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

*facepalm*

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.