Discussion » Technology » Where do I get headphones & audio equipment

• Father Of Boring
    Father Of Boring wrote:
    <p>So I'm direly in need of proper head-mounted audio equipment. &nbsp;I need two:</p> <p>1) Good-ass earphones - I've got a phone which finally has decent sound output, HD video, the works, it's meant to be a media phone, but, the earbuds supplied with it, according to engadget reviews, are "the definition of cheap plastic crap." &nbsp;I can verify that this is true. &nbsp;Where, in this city, am I going to track down a pair of decent earphones or headphones + a 3.5 converter jack with mic? &nbsp;Specific recommendations of merchants/stalls appreciated.</p> <p>2) Good-ass freestanding mic for speech recognition program - Got me Dragon NaturallySpeaking, and I need a quality free-standing monodirectional mic that can block background noise, so I don't have to wear headphones while dictating. &nbsp;</p> <p>Any ideas? &nbsp;Brand isn't so important, it's Beijing, and I ain't too picky, but please to recommending your secret stash of quality audio goods dealers with non-山寨 articles for sale.</p>
  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Zhongguancun is useually a good place to pick up anything electrical, in the basement of San Li Tun village there is a big electronics store with high end stuff too. I'd go with Zhongguancun first though, might save you a little bit of money

• Father Of Boring

Sure, I'm aware of both, but the proliferation of crappy 山寨 goods at both makes the audiophile in me cringe.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Go to Wangfujing, there is a Sony shop there and u can get something good. But the price is a little bit higher than than Zhongguancun.

• Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:

If your Chinese is OK, you can try this online store. It is very popular for e-stuffs.

Zhongguancun e-products might be cheap, though there are a lot of 山寨s, but most of them will honestly tell you which is fake or not. But if you are not patient enough, it isn't a good place for shopping especially for one who doesn't like bargaining.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

taobao.com, basically you can find anything. Just looking for a reasonable price and high ranked seller, done. As an example, you can even find tones of MDR EX1000 from it.

• Sol Irén Ulvang

www.aiaiai.dk           best quality and really cheap.     aiaiai tma-1. the best medium price headphones on the market

• Sol Irén Ulvang

www.aiaiai.dk           best quality and really cheap.     aiaiai tma-1. the best medium price headphones on the market

• Sol Irén Ulvang

• Sol Irén Ulvang

• Father Of Boring

Online, I'm reluctant, seeing as I'll want to test them, but...I'll consider them too if anyone has good models to recommend for the requirements I posted?

• Sol Irén Ulvang

the headphones i said are amazing.  look at some of the reviews on amazon or something.  good luck. 

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

I see, then you may wanna try them in Zhongguancun, and purchase them online. You know, zhongguancun is full of dishonest seller, and you are a foreigner. At least maybe you can pay later after you receive the good you want if you purchase online. 

Suggestion...umm, my suggestion is that you don't want to get an earbud at more than 100 USD, or maybe 50 USD. Your phone may have much better audio output than any other PHONES, but it's still a phone. a 70-80 USD (maybe) earbud is more than enough for most of audio system

• Sol Irén Ulvang

i bought mine in hong kong.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.