Discussion » Nonsense » i posted a review on the beijinger for the "av

• 威辣
    威辣 wrote:
    <p>I like the place I like the food so I wrote a 5 star review expressing my opinions on the place. Now a few douches are absolutely convinced that i was "payed" to write the review.&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>And one guy went as far as to write a fake review about the place saying there was a cockroach in his burrito complete BS, just to "get back" at me for being what they think is a Shill.&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>I hate this crap b/c some lonely loser on the internet is trying to ruin a newly founded business on some trivial BS. Its like his life is a complete failure so he feels he must shit all over everything (can't stand these people)</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>how can such an outrageous thing happen?</p>
  • High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Sorry about that sir! And who is this total failure around here?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

That's some petty bullshit. Any idea who it was?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Oh. So it wasn't someone from here?

I'm afraid that's out of my jurisdiction.

• Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:

Why do you even give a fuck?

• Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:

I'm just asking, because reading your posts I really get the impression that you're paid or you have interest in defending that place. Actually I don't even care, but it's really the first impression I got when reading your message. Or is the business yours? 

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

You're hallucinating, Aurelien. Nobody gives enough of a shit about what Pete has to say. Why would someone pay him to say it?

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

Pete Mcbrostein: Dude, as long as there's competition between services, venues and whatnot, there WILL be fake reviews. Just think about it.. how many people actuall take their time to write a review? Not many, but still more or less any hotel, service or restaurant tend to have plenty of reviews. 

Only way I can think of to prevent this is to require a check-in on the place you review < 500 meters from the place < 1 days ago in order to post a review. 

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

I had a burrito at Avocado Tree and it gave me AIDS.

Stay away!

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

That sounds splendid. I'm sharpening my knives. I'll try and make it up to Wudaokou this week and check the place out so I can make an informed meta-review of the place and all of the other reviewers' mothers.

There aren't enough good Mexican restaurants in Beijing, and there's no good reason for it.

• Father Of Boring

You notice how Jonathan Law's post just got lost in the praise for this place?  THAT is how you fight fake reviews, you encourage people to write more, and the spammers will get lost in the noise.  

• Kevin Chen
    Kevin Chen wrote:

hey scott 

long time no see.

• Joligne
    Joligne wrote:

what is SHILL mean ?

• Joligne
    Joligne wrote:

oh , thanks . how much does a shill get paid for one piece of review ?

• Joligne
    Joligne wrote:

oh , is there any other change to become a shill of other electronics ? not just restaurants ?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.