Discussion » Travel » Seoul Airport and back. What not to miss?

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

I have to head to Seoul tonight to get a new entry stamp in order to extend my visa on Monday. Was just too late to get round-trip in one day, so I have to stay overnight (from about midnight to 12:00, so I suppose most things wont even be open?)

Let me know if there's anything I don't wanna miss at the airport if you've been there :-) And anything cool that I could bring back from tax-free that I can't get in Beijing?

• Simon Willassen
    the airport in fact is not in seoul, but incheon which is northwest from seoul. just like the airports in beijing or shanghai, there's not much to see or do around the airport. a bus trip to seoul (where everything is) would take something like an hour. message me for more questions. btw, how does the coming to seoul and getting the new chinese visa work? i have friends who may be interested.
  • Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

@The War: 2600 rmb round-trip, and if you order a bit more ahead of time you can enter and exit the same day, but I'd try to get more than an hour between in case of delays.

I'd definitively do this rather than SZ/HK. The flight is TOO short (I didn't get to watch the end of the movie :P) and it's just 500 more, or even less if you count the taxi from Shenzhen to HK border.

Kinda sucked to land after more or less everything is closed. I ended up sleeping on a bench, but I'm kinda like the Chinese when it come to sleeping - I can sleep anywhere.

Scott: I *can* get a fake stamp. Problem is that it won't be in their database, and then you're fucked :-) I would NOT recommend you or anyone to even consider that ;-) Most foreigners leave China more than once a year though, so they wont have this problem :-)

And no. You don't have to go home, you can renew your visa at That's China or TradersLink. Call both, and go to whoever has the best price ;-)

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

Pete Mcbrostein: because you guys bitch too much about bugs and missing features, so I never have time for a proper vacation ;-)

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

@Pete Mcbrostein: hehe, i was kinda joking ;) we appreciate all the feedback we can get, my list of bugfixes the past months or so is huge. But people don't notice things that works :-)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.