Discussion » Health & Fitness » What are you allergic to?

• A.w
    A.w wrote:

If you think that people are scratching, wheezing and sneezing more frequently, you're right. Worldwide, eczema, asthma, hay fever and food allergies have nearly doubled in the past 20 years.

One of my professors only teaches night classes and he has pure white skin.  We joked that we found the first vampire in the real life, but later we found out that he is allergic to sunshine.

What are you allergic to?

What is the weirdest thing people are allergic to?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Penicillin (青霉素). I'm so deathly allergic to this and related antibiotics that I wear a tag on a necklace in case I am hospitalized and unconscious.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Penicillin allergy is really common. My sisters are too, but not severely. I think they could survive a dose.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... and I think we have a winner ... Penicillin ...

... and Pussy ... admit it, you are allergic to Ayiela ... stay off that ...

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

once i was allergic to squid,was looking very bad...

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

i also allergic to rubberized fabric and Band-aid plaster,getting red and swollen,so itchy after used them...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I've got bashful kidneys, too, @Scott, and being allergic to penicillin (and amoxicillin) does indeed suck ass. My entire body breaks out into itchy hive rashes and my throat swells shut. If I ever catch syphilis I will be all kinds of fucked (I'm allergic to amoxicillin and azithromycin too).

I think I've got a minor latex allergy, too. Condoms don't bother me at all, but rubber gloves do. Maybe it's just the powder? I dunno.

• Lynn
    Lynn wrote:

@Dando, too bad you are allergeric to rubber gloves:D

for me , my life is depending on anti-biotics, im so pennicillin addicted especially the new generation ones, amoxillin sucks as its not strong enough to kill wide-spectrum bacterias inside me-_-# 

im also allegery to hairy bugs and multi-foot bugs >_< yewwwww

• EMILIA
    EMILIA wrote:

cats, peach and dust...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Lynn,

Be careful with that stuff, though. Antibiotics are not to be trifled with.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I'm not allergic to all antibiotics, just those derived from the penicillin fungus. I've never had a problem with -cycline antibiotics, and I haven't developed a reaction to cephalosporins yet (they're kind of similar to penicillin).

Bubonic plague can be treated with quinolones. I'm more worried about syphilis. I rarely fuck without a rubber, but realistically, I stand more of a chance of catching an STD than coming in contact with vermin.

inb4 Dando is a virgin

inb4 vermin

• SaSa♣Yi
    SaSa♣Yi wrote:

alchohol....

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I'm also allergic to people who say they're allergic to this or that when really they just want to complain about petty bullshit.

Come on, people. What's wrong with you? Allergies are deadly. Show some sensitivity and respect... to deez nutz.

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

Commitment!

Roffle.

• Saint - Spartacus

cat & rice, that make me Sneeze all the time

• Rick (史大龙)

This web site! It often makes me sick....

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Again, I think some people are having difficulty parsing "allergy" from "intolerance". An allergy can be life-threatening. Intolerance means you just fart a lot.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

I used to be allergic to dogs, a big deal... but after live in Beijing, not anymore. Finally I can have a dog as pet!!! Maybe was the streetfood, maybe the pollution, maybe the 臭豆腐.... "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger¨ 

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

That task of eat 臭豆腐 is more hard for the 大鼻子 :/

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

lamp? O_o

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

mixed metal ... 

lace .... 

wool... 

alchol.. 

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

Allergic to metal !??! wow, like pixies and fairies 

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

only mixed metal to me.. pure gold, silver, steeling sliver are fine. 

I sometime allergic to the sun light too if it is too strong... 

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

yes, accesary. 

• Rick (史大龙)

Pet dander....

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

lucky! allergic to nothin

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.