Discussion » Dating & Romance » 162 men for every 100 women, yet chicks still can&

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:
    <p>I feel bad for Chinese guys in big cities. Not only do they have to compete with a larger ratio of males than anyone in any other country, they also face the modern Chinese woman who has stadards and expectations that are completely unrealistic and ridiculous, and priorities that are all screwed up.</p> <p>Ladies, there are 162 young Chinese men for every 100 young Chinese women in the top tier cities. Why are so many of you reaching your 30's without finding a boyfriend or husband? Get over yourselves and learn how to love these guys.&nbsp; And stop spending all your time fucking foreigners.&nbsp; :)</p> <h1>Elite Single Chinese Women Face 'Leftover Lady' Discount</h1> <p>&nbsp;<span>First Posted: 9/13/11 05:19 PM ET<span>&nbsp;</span>Updated: 9/13/11 05:19 PM ET </span></p> <p><big><strong><em>Women's eNews</em>:</strong></big></p> <p>In 2007, The Chinese Ministry of Education officially recognized a new term for unmarried women with successful careers in their country: leftover ladies.</p> <p>In Chinese cities, the number of single women with high-powered careers make up a large part of the population. In Beijing alone, they number half a million, according to a Xinhua News Agency report in 2009. In a country where the ratio of men to women in urban areas is so high -- 162 single men aged 27-to-34 for every 100 single women, according to a 2010 study by the Chinese Academy of Social Science -- why are the parents of these accomplished women trying so hard to land their daughters dates?</p> <p>The issue is not quantity, but quality.</p> <p><span>Wei Zhen is a fashion magazine editor who will turn 30 this year. After enduring many arranged dates, she says she has given up on finding a husband who has achieved a similar degree of success, and won't force herself into marriage: "Self-fulfillment is critical to my happiness. I'd rather not have to change my personality in order to accommodate a marriage," she says. Wei's mother has another opinion, calling her daughter "a tragedy of idealism."</span></p> <p><span><a href="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/12/elite-single-chinese-face_n_958286.html">Here's the link, which leads the bigger article.</a><br /></span></p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... statistics is, sadly, just statistics ...

Over the 5 years in China, I have talked to quite a few girls from, and also not from, this site, the general opinion is that they would be happy to find someone reliable, however, many of them are also concerned about the "social status" of the men (education, jobs, money etc) ... it is not to say that they are wrong, but perhaps a bit close-minded, if I can say so?

I think I had mentioined this story before?

One of my friends is a slim beautiful 170cm girl, who started dating a driver from one of the major Chinese enterprises, after getting disappointed with quite a few guys ... they dated and then lived together, during which, she had concerns about the gaps in lifestyles and education among many things (she has a degree while he never went to college), e,g, she had trouble mixing with his friends and vice versa, and they often fought ... so we talked about it and she was a bit settled ...

Anyway, they got married eventually, but I was shocked to learn that she went back to her parents after about a week or two, apparently, they had a fight, and she was thinking about a divorce, so we went through another long talk and I analysed for her all the pros and cons (heehee, off head, I cannot think of any more appropriate terms), and she was OK with that and moved back ...

Of late, they are still fighting, but it seems that they are making progress and even planning to have baby in the new future ... except that she needs help to gain weight ... poor dear ... heehee ...

So, if any girl is reading this ...

Material matters and/or superficial matters (e.g. money, property, cars, jobs, even passports, education and career goals) might be important, but they are, and always will be, just part of the package, not the whole ... most importantly, and realistically, even if "ideal" exists, they are rare and might even turn out to be total jerks ... anyway, you know the rest from here ...

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

seems that The profession of gigolo is gonna gain rapidly in importance... maybe is a good time to become a pimp... I remember @passion had written a list of prices and brief descriptions about some men from this website 

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... huh? gigolo? Cannot remember since when, but I thought it is spelt "jigolo"?

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

mmm.... I thought only @HP spelt like that "jigolo"

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... oh, damn, I must have learnt that from here ...

• Saint - Spartacus

this is an international problem... it's better to be alone than with a wrong

• Saint - Spartacus

the social revenge  is give the ''man'' a best situation for human right and ruin the social harmony relationships with his opposite side

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... Kyle ...how far would you like to explain with Pear's question? heehee ...

• Kevin Chen
    Kevin Chen wrote:

no no 

this article is wrong 

i think more girls in CITY than guys

in country maybe more guys

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

Dude, those statistics come from the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences.  You should open your eyes and look around.  Granted there are more girls than guys in places like Gongti and Sanlitun, but check out the rest of Beijing.  It's a mantastic sausage fest in every corner.

• Kevin Chen
    Kevin Chen wrote:

lol 

ok 

anyway enough for me

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.