Discussion » Dating & Romance » A ritual of pain

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

There is a story that I have heard a couple of times since I´m in Beijing. The story in essence is something like:

Chinese girl is dumped by her chinese boyfriend after a ´´happy´´ long term relation (first love and all that pinky things). After this, chinese girl falls in the hands of a womanizer+jerk laowai (in my opinion), After him, she begins to look for ´´clons´´ of him (sometimes even these ´´clons´´ need to have the same nationality with the original....). And all this maybe in a try of .... well, I really don´t know, because to me all this seems to open old wounds, engaged in a kind of masochist ritual.
    So, Can anyone explain me how this works? What is the theory behind? How can you get over a break up, get over an ex, looking for clons of that person??

After all, empathy depends of understanding...

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

mmm....Thanks!! Now I realize that more than look for pain or a case of pride hurt, they are looking for wake up or recall the lost feelings with the ¨original¨. That´s the energy that keeps that process constantly in movement, in a loop...

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

often when I jerk-off I feel really, really empty and guilty about it, but then I do it again, and again and again. In fact, I have been doing it for about 18 years.

Could this also be some kind of mascochisitic ritual?

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

@Carlos, in this case, I think, is just your refractory period reflected in your brain and interpreted by your mind.... although... have you studied in a catholic school? :P

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.