Discussion » Food & Drink » Belgian beer = awful crap, your thoughts

• 威辣
    威辣 wrote:
    Ok I have to say it Belgian beer tastes just awful. First its like they took a bad bitter flat beer and then added some rotten orange peels or some fruit paste. Its kinda like Belgian beer was intending to make beer for those whom do not like beer (Mikes Hard Lemonade), but just ended up with some gross crap that is the worst of both worlds. Ever go to a restaurant to discover in your disappointment its all Belgian style micro brews? I have and it sucks. Here is an example: Enthusiastic owner: Hey would you like to try our beer? Me: Sure Enthusiastic owner: ok well I just got done brewing this new blonde brew mixed with rose pettles and kiwi slices!! Me: eeehhhhh greaaat. Case in point: Belgian Beer sucks
  • Simen Wangberg

Adding spaces wouldn't make it less "intimidating", but it would definitely make it less "retarded". Go back to drinking Yanjing and Budweiser, or whatever passes for beer in your parallel universe.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    I don't know what they are passing for Belgian beer where you are drinking, but every Belgian I had was pretty good. I have never had fruity ones though. I tend to like Belgian whites.
  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:
    Possible reasons for this post: - Pete is trolling - Pete smokes crack I'm going with option one because no retard would ever be stupid enough to use "microbrew" and "belgian beer" interchangeably. Even a crack head.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I think Pete, who is still hiding out in Beijing because he was horrifically scarred in an icing incident back home, was really talking about fruity lambic beers, so if you can get past the fact that he's conflating those with all Belgian beer and microbrews, he might actually have a point. I'm rather fond of Lindemans Framboise, which really does taste like a sour raspberry malternative concoction, but with malt, so it's still beer DEAL WITH IT.

• Simen Wangberg

ICE BRO TRUCKERS.

This fall on The Learning Channel.

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

Most Belgians are perverts.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

To an Americunt palate, even Hoegaarden tastes like SIX PENDULOUS UNDULATING DICKS EJACULATING PURE FLAVOR DOWN MY FUCKING THROAT. It's really a cruel thing to mock us for! We can't help the way we're born!

Whoever resurrected this thread obviously has a grudge against our Mr. McBrostein. Or is this the beginning of a viral marketing scheme?

smokes something from a weird pipe

Dando is on the case.

• Simen Wangberg

Bahahaha Wonka does it again

• Peter S 李贝勒

@ Pete

Go to Beer Mania in san litun Najie... you ll taste very good one... And the owners of the place are really cool!!! then, which beer are you use to drink and like?

@Patatje Oorlog it sounds like pete want to do a troll

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.