Discussion » Chinese Language & Culture » How many foreigners prefer Chinese calligraphy?

• Elsa
    Elsa wrote:
    <p><span style="color: #ff0000; background-color: #ffffff;">Nowadays young people just type, even forget how to write, let alone calligraphy. But it is the essense of Chinese culture. Isn't it ? It needs many years for practising. Wherever it is hung, the place is lighted. </span></p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... agree, agree, and agree more ...

• №❶ Passioη

Doing WuShu needs many years of practicing, Using chopsticks needs many years of practicing, Eating dumplings need many years of practicing... Everything around here need many years of practicing... but after all those years, I'm still just a LaoWai :S

I'm a poet and have been fascinated by Chinese calligraphy cos I got into that Chinese poetry writing... but I left this one half way cos it took longer than the ErHu instrument... Can't do everything at once but I'll be most pleased if someone could just break my head and put the calligraphy inside..

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... no Lee ... she does mean the artistic calligraphy ...

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

I kind of enjoy writing, and it makes it easier for me to seperate out the characters and not mistake the ones that are marginally different. If I was being honest though, I have left like two hand written notes ever and they have always been in a horrifically childish scrawl that would make Mao's Grandson's handwriting look good.

• Even Nygård
    Even Nygård wrote:

I prefer Latin or Arabic alphabet calligraphy.

• Bryan (賴宏杰)

I like to write in Traditional Chinese 繁體字 (正體字 in 台灣).   I don't really know/understand much Simplified Chinese (簡體字). And I'm just a 美國佬.   I don't really get pinyin, only use it for typing.  Even then, I still prefer to see 韋氏拼音 when written in english. It just seems to make more sense to me from an American perspective.  Actually, to those who say traditional culture is slipping, that is a more accurate statement with regard to the people in the mainland.  Traditional culture still is alive and well in Taiwan and Hong Kong, no political lol.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.