Discussion » Nonsense » Why do women here find it so sexy when guys have s

• 威辣
    威辣 wrote:
    <p>You know those Long Yellow sometimes brownish pinky finger nails that they often use to pick their nose and pick at things with.&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>Or in general, I discovered that here in China women think that the shorter a mans fingernails the less man he is.&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>How can we learn from this? Should we foreigners also stop cutting our fingernails?&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>Your thoughts. . . .&nbsp;</p>
  • Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

The men  who keep long fingernails are girlish I think, where did OP get that bullshit?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I thought it had something to do with an old Mandarin tradition of keeping long fingernails to display wealth, now ironically only observed by rural folks and nouveau riche.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... Monkey ... you might have got it confused with a back scratcher ...

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

it has nothing to do with one's wealth, Dando, are you refering to the Empress Cixi? lol...

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

better with some colour polish......yuck!!!!

• Lin Se-ah
    Lin Se-ah wrote:

....Chinese people and their weird stuff, nobody will ever get it...It's so gross.

• Stine Ekren
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Evanescence, Street Fighter nails kick the asses of everyone else's digits, if hands had asses, I guess.

It had something to do with wealth. Having long fingernails was a sign that a person didn't have to make a living through manual labor, not unlike having pale skin was a sign that a person was not a farmer. I dunno if it really was a custom among Chinese civil servants, but you can find fingernail protecting jewelry in museums and antique stores. It's not that rare.

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

That street fighter fingernails are funny and awesome I mean actually ...

hmmm, so we can confirm all people who keep long fingernails are wealthy ones...lol

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.