Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » RESOLVED: 【Feature Report】The Cursor Trick

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) wrote:

2011-09-13

Q: For the second or third time already, can you NOT place the cursor in the "Search" box at the top, after the page had finished loading? Or if it is by default, override it please ...

Details:

I am lazy, and very quick with the mouse, and when I go into a thread, I often hit "end" to scroll down to the bottom of the page, to see the last few entries, but since last week, for whatever reason there is, the cursor has always been placed (again) in the "Search" box at the top, which means, I have to click inside the page, before I "end" to the bottom ...

In most likelihood, who would use "search" immediately when inside a forum thread? It is more likely to be used AFTER looking at the thread, even the last few entries at the bottom of the page, only to look for something ...

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

DD: Double-tap Tab-key and hit space and you're good to go.

Also, I've added a to-do about reconsidering how this works, but cant promise anything. I'll bring it up in the first development meeting possible.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... yeah ... like I said, I used the "workaround" to manually put the mouse on the page (hence taking it outside "Search") ... I will wait, but old finger habit dies hard, so to speak ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.