Discussion » Art & Design » Successful Design in the Future

• Joligne
    Joligne wrote:
    <p><span lang="EN-US">We use design today in all our processes. Successful design is not only about esthetics, it manages functionality and user experience. We try to design technology to suit the people who use them, rather than getting people to change their behaviour to suit the technology. Should this be the way? I&rsquo;m interested in interactivity &ndash; the way people interact with an artifact &ndash; and natural interfaces between humans, digital information, and the physical environment. For my current research, I am focusing on mobile technologies, context-aware systems, gestural and tangible interfaces and aims to create new interactions and connections between humans and computers that leverage the strengths of intuitive user interfaces. I believe in the intersections between art, culture, science and technology. The cross-collaboration between art and science has the potential to create new knowledge, ideas and processes that will lead to amazing discoveries and innovations. </span></p> <p>Maybe&nbsp;the urge of change has brought us to the cutting edge of cultivating human being's behaviors scientifically? &nbsp;From my personal point of view, it would take a very long time to achieve the ideal result for everyone's better goodness. It&rsquo;s almost impossible and full of difficulties during the implementations.</p> <p>What are your opinions?</p>
  • Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:

Better this way. In my case, I am tired of reading manual instructions. I once bought a smart phone but gave up to use it, it is time-consuming to test out all the functions. Many telecom companies and research institutions are working on the technologies you mentioned, you can keep an eye on them.

The technology itself is not very difficult to work out, but cultivating human behaviors is a long way to go. On one hand, we have advanced tech to liberate us from time-consuming repetitive work; On the other hand, we kill our time with the things invented and cry for lacking time. How to use technology wisely is a tough question.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

A Day Made of Glass... Made possible by Corning  

• Saint - Spartacus

what ? reactive table ?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.