Discussion » Current Events » As a young Chinese, what do you want to say to an

• A.w
    A.w wrote:

Adrian Fisk, UK, he traveled on a 12500 km journey through China to find an answer to this question. He looked for young Chinese aged from 16 - 30 years, gave them a piece of paper and simply told them they could write what ever they wanted to on the piece of paper, he then photographed them holding the paper.

There are 46 images, and I just randomly chose some of them.  If you like them, please check more:

46 images, in English

46张照片,中文

Avril Lui - 22 Yrs.
    Post grad student.
    Guangxi Province.

'We are the lost generation. I'm confused about the world'.

Rainbow Su - 22 Yrs.
    Student software engineering.
    Guangdong Province.

'I am worrying something. Girls in China is becoming materialistic, without house my girlfriend would not marry me. My parents cannot help me either. So I need to get good job with high payment, that's what I totally want'.

arah Yip - 22 Yrs.
    Receptionist at investment bank.
    Hong Kong.

'Do whatever you want in your life because you might die tomorrow'.

Luo Zheng Chui - 30 Yrs.
    Farmer.
    Yunnan Province.

'After watching television I have many thoughts, but I know I cannot achieve them'.

Heng She Dong - 16 Yrs.
    Junior high school student.
    Qinghai Province.

'I want to save peoples lives'.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

哈哈哈哈,你怎么可以说没有人来看?你这个,暂时有118人次!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

哈哈哈哈,“护短”?姥姥,你的,不是短那么简单!

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

I think this is a little pick and chosen though, I'm sure a bunch of people said way more mundane things. I would have liked to have seen every photo and not the most "interesting" ones.

Also, Ami made a good point. What would there responces have been if the interviewer was Chinese?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... hahahaha ... Scott ... PUA Mother of God should be the one who said "I want to save lives", which is what "he" said before ... to save girls from the PUA ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(续)。。。Ada,两个星期前,姥姥是失业的IT专家!

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

@ Scott:  Why is #2 dudu? 

Any expereince with this?

This is a moving project because it allows people's voices to be heard.  Some of who have never asserted their voice before.  Some of who have never been asked, "What do you think?"  "What are your concerns?"  Everyone who has something to say and has concerns whether we agree with them or not.  It is priceless.

• Saint - Spartacus

@ Kodi,to figure out the situation. #2 = dudu + MagicKiss = an Anti-Western classic chinese man ( with a symbolic Flag flying ~ ~) = domestic style

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

(Originally posted this in response to Persephone's post about faked signs, now deleted. Oh well. I'll keep it up so y'all can have a chuckle at what a dreadful hippy I was during my college days.)

(Context: part of a university demonstration in support of Planned Parenthood)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... what happened to Ms Tsang?

Dando ... does it mean that I am supposed to share with you the money that Jon Gu might have collected from his scam?

Scott ... I think this is more to do with the Confusing teaching ... 男子三十而立 ... so many Chinese traditionally think that we need to marry by 30 ...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Sean, Can't please every humorless asshole on this site. Allow me to express my not giving of a meta-fuck.

@DD, I dunno why Persephone decided to leave me twisting in the wind. *sniff* Keep the money, though, in case I need to be bailed out of jail again.

• K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:

I highly suspect the originality and authenticity of these pictures and it seems to me pretty apparent, however  these stuff aren't something really important so there is not need to be that rigid.

Usually, this kind of social research is going nowhere, as its circle is mainly to demonstrate, in an artistic way, the existence of certain social phenomenon which already exist. It offers no reference to art or statistics.

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

the pressure on guys like rainbow is tremendous, but when you think about it.....w hat kind of guy would you date if you were a girl?  An incapable one that you may have to wait for or someone who is already made? 

To me it seems that if you are a beautiful woman in China and you marry a poor man you are simply stupid.  In China love is not required for marraige and since that is the case you can find your love outside the marriage, "Its almost expected in some cases". 

I guess I am just sore because I lost my love due to this phenomenon.  I know not everyone thinks as backward as this.

• Joligne
    Joligne wrote:

感觉比较反动啊!~ 一看就是。。。。。。。 不是原汁原味的土特产!~

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.