Discussion » Nonsense » how do you guys view abortion?

• Keera Lee Farrington
    Keera Lee Farrington wrote:
    <p>In China I suppose it is quite common, a quick operation. how does everyone view it? Is it possible to think theres &nbsp;&nbsp;a certain morality stigma attached to it?</p> <p>ps. apologies in advance if its a tad intense for nonsense!</p>
  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

I was born up as a goodless heathen by my amoral atheist parents so I think it's totally fine.

• Keera Lee Farrington

see i feel abit weird about it suppose it ould me the girl who is more involved in it put it lightly, i really dont know if i approve god those sunday school days are fucking with my consious.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I view abortion with my glasses on.

• 随便叫兽
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I still haven't had breakfast yet.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

How were the eggs?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I'm going to pretend you ate non-weird food for breakfast so I can segue to what I was planning on saying:

You are now aware that eggs are refrigerated chicken abortions.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

"Abortion? That's murder as well! But no matter what decision u make, I think it's understandable."

Pretty much agree with everything else, but holy shit that was a weird way to kick things off. So... you're saying abortion is murder, but it's understandable? So you're saying murder is sometimes understandable?

Please, don't equivocate abortion with murder! To call a fetus a human rather than a near human is to reduce humans themselves to crude biology irrespective of a capacity for awareness.

Then again, awareness seems to be a trait which is greatly undervalued in the anti-choice moral marketplace.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

True. Even mass murder is understandable. That Anders Breivik guy? Makes total sense. His moral convictions were terribly misinformed, but he isn't irrational or insane. Just tragically stupid, like most people.

Sometimes it's hard to keep my pro-choice politics and my personal misanthropy separate. But anyway, the real reason I'm pro-choice is because reproductive freedoms are a vital prerequisite for gender equality.

• Simen Wangberg

My senior year in high school, they went around asking the student body about "controversial" topics for a page in our yearbook. My friend Chris was quoted as being "pro-abortion", a stance with which I readily agree.

There's too fuckin' many of ya. And you're not a person until you're in my phonebook.

• Simen Wangberg

Also, what the fuck is that diagram. I don't even.

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

In my view on abortion in general is that if done early enough it is perfectly fine.   Partial birth abortion is kind of barbaric and cruel, so I can understand the lack of support for that sepcific form of abortion. 

I probably should have been aborted since my mother was only 15 and her boyfriend disappeared before she had me, but obviously she didn't so whats done is done : )  I can tell you from experience that irrsponsible children should not have children, so abortion in that particular instance can prevent a lot of undue hardship and suffering.

However, when it comes to me and someone I have a serious relationship with then I will have to say fuck no it is not only her choice.  I would say that pro choice would have something to do with me as well.  It takes two to make a baby.  Man + Woman , so they should definitely both have a say as to what happens.  Perhaps the guy should definitely be understanding that the baby will be growing inside the woman's body.  If she has health problems and it can endanger her life to have a baby, then that is one thing.  However, I have witnessed women have secret abortions because they did not want stretch marks.  I am sure couples can make the decision together and I am aware that usually when a woman seeks her lovers advice on the matter it depends on the circumstances of the relationship and/or finances.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Kodi,

"Partial birth abortion is kind of barbaric and cruel, so I can understand the lack of support for that sepcific form of abortion. "

Hold the fucking phone, @Kodi.

Hip Americans ought to know what everyone else knows: there's no such medical procedure as a "partial birth abortion." That was a propaganda term that was used to make "intact dilation and extraction" seem like scary sort-of infanticide and motivate crosstitutes to vote for Bush II. While it's typically used as a late-term procedure, it's typically been used only in special circumstances. The reason the fundamentalist fuckstains got away with calling it "partial birth" was because the procedure involves administering drugs (not unlike mifepristone or RU-486, also banned in America for stupid reasons) that artificially induce labor contractions, so part of the fetus exits the womb.

It's sick shit, but that's modern medicine. Deal with it. The alternatives involve vacuum cleaners and cutting up the fetus inside the womb like at a teppanyaki restaurant. Anyway, America is the only place where intact D&X is banned, because it's the only country that would put the half-assed concerns of crosstitutes before a woman's health.

"However, I have witnessed women have secret abortions because they did not want stretch marks. "

Come on now. That couldn't be their only reason, and even if it was, it's a damned good thing they did abort because they probably wouldn't be capable parents anyway.

You're a comrade, though, so pardon my crudeness. Y'all know I'll seize any opportunity to proselytize.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

In America, I found it unbelievable that anti-choice fundamentalists people would claim loose women use abortion because they're too stupid or lazy to use contraceptives, but in China, I believe it. Obviously, this isn't very healthy. Regular condom use is far cheaper and safer.

It's an issue of education and a cultural willingness to discuss sex with open maturity, though, so it's not like the Chinese example is a compelling argument for religious folks in the USA.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Right on, Kulo.

Gender equality is lacking in China, as well as in America. Before women can be equal members of society, at the barest minimum they have to be able to control their own bodies. Any organized effort--by government or by religion--force a woman to risk her life and give birth against her will is transparent sexism.

The converse is problematic. I don't really agree with forced abortions, but the alternative to this type of Chinese population control seems could be even less humane.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

hmm, this is a tricky one; I got a girl pregnant relatively recently. It wasn't planned and left me confused and shocked.

The idea of aborting doesn't sit easily with me and I certainly don't think I am in a position to tell people what they should and shouldn't do with their bodies.

I told her, on balance, I thought she should go through with the pregnancy, marry me (or equivalent) and make a go of it etc.

She was also confused and upset and didn't know what to do and in the end decided to terminate, in part to pursue her studies abroad and in part because I'm a moron ansd she had more sense than to shack up with with me.

On the whole I just think it is a bit idiotic when people are so black and white on these things, so sure that it is morally good or bad, even suggesting forced sterilizations (as above) and so forth- what facist claptrap.

As ever things are so much more nuanced and complex than people like to frame them...

• №❶ Passioη

In agreement with a step above, not a definite answer. Perhaps if you told her to flush it, she'd rather keep it. 5 years later you find the baby has Dando's ears, Scott's eyes, Lao Lee's legs.. more confusion

I think a girl has every right NOT to have unprotected sex especially in her PPP... but she does not have every right to keep or abort a conception from a decent relationship... That should be a mutual decision

• Keera Lee Farrington

carlos! klet it out all out why dont you just! lol

it is decent of you to step up tho cos if a man is decent it makes things a bit easier, she can then do whatever she feels is right.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.