Discussion » Beijing Life » only one Prius was sold in China last year.

• A.w
    A.w wrote:
    <p>...................................</p> <p>Toyota managed to sell only one Prius in China last year. That's right. The world's most commercially successful hybrid car has found only one buyer in the fastest growing market. SUV sales, by contrast, are surging.</p> <p>............................</p>
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Listen to Pete. He's an expert on all things douchebag.

Hybrids are total greenwashed bullshit. The major auto companies were frightened that electric cars would be too successful, so they proposed hybrids in a half-assed attempt to slow the transition away from gasoline. It works, because American consumers are dumb cunts.

Fucking shit. Even biodiesel was a better idea than hybrids. Sure, it's dirty, but it would break fossil fuel dependence, and it is more efficient than ethanol (petroleum used in fertilizer and waste inherent to the fermentation process results in a net loss of energy). You can make biodiesel in your own kitchen starting from leftover cooking oil. I AM LOOKING AT YOU CHINA. STOP RE-USING THAT SHIT IN FOOD AND START TURNING IT INTO FUCKING FUEL.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Yawn.

"its the number threat to the rainforest"

Number what threat to the rainforest, and how? Rapeseed and soybeans grow anywhere, bro magnon man. Moreover, it can be produced from waste oil.

"For every unit of energy used to produce bio fuels you get 1.7 out"

Scroll up. See what I said about ethanol? That's the bio fuel to which you are referring. Not biodiesel. There's a huge difference.

As I said before, diesel is dirty. It's not perfect. It produces exhaust fumes with heavier-than-air particulate matter. Fossil fuels aren't renewable. Biodiesel is a more logical transitional alternative than hybrids. Herp dee derp.

• Simen Wangberg

You guys are both wrong. Tim Curry is the biggest threat to the Amazon rainforest.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Wow. Really, Petey? I guess it's a good thing that biodiesel isn't ethanol.

• Simen Wangberg

Shit. Mine's not even animated. I guess I'll just go home now.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.