Discussion » Nonsense » How much money you want to make?

• Me In Beijing 2.0
    Me In Beijing 2.0 wrote:
    <p>How much money do you need (per month, in RMB, after tax) to live well (according to your lifestyle) in Beijing? That includes rent, food/drinks, going out, vacations and etc....</p>
  • Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

wish scandles could double or triple my income as what happened to kate moss

• Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:

More than the guy next door. It's my life goal!

• Simen Wangberg

I'd like to make enough money to ensure that I can acquire and sustain meaningful, substantial relationships with intelligent, humorous and interesting people.

How much does that cost?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I will check with my wife over lunch and then get back to you ...

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

better enough to make the vacation (inside China or another countries) every month,and also,enough time to have the vacation

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... as two of the "lower class" expats, we live on 5k per month, which already includes utility, food (dining out and grocery) and clothes, but not including rent and occassional travel expense 。。。

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

5k is too much for the foods and clothes by month...

you can get some cheaper stuffs with good quality on this site: www.vancl.com

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... heehee .. MIB ... you are rich :)

Yanni ... started checking vancl.com ... got my shoes from them this week, and they are very fast :)

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

hehe,i got my tshirt last week,they have nice cotton shirts and bigger size,you can try...i like this site

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

Dear Moon,i think you also need time to spend it...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... MIB ... go get the "The Richest Man in Babylon", a little book by George "something" (sorry)... also, start keeping record (with categories such as food, entertainment, grocery etc) of your expenses, it sounds silly and boring, but this boring task has helped us go through some really tough times ...

Yanni ... recently, had a bad experience with buying clothes online, I can hardly fit into a XXL ... :(

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

lose some weight then,fat boy...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... easier said than done .. normal girl :(

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

reduce the money for foods every month 5000 to 3000,think you will be thinner,hee hee...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... we dont really spend that much on food ... maybe just around 3000 ... we also have phones, electricity, transport etc ...

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

or,running 30 mins every day,it also helps...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... wowowowowowow ... :(

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

hehe,just keep healthy,this is more important...

• kö
    wrote:

1  mao

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... when we were going through the "tough times", the expense tracking also helped us to identify where most money went (mainly dining out with family, as we paid all the times), and where we can save (got my sister and mother to take turn paying) ...

... heehee ... due to the "evil nature" of my wife, who started as a "bean counter", i.e. accountant, she does not mind doing it ... my pain is that I have to remember down to even one single mao ... heehee ... as of now, we have been tracking for 8+ years, except for the few months we lost our backup :)

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

smart spending...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... it's just a very complicated Excel spreadsheet system ... and you can find equally complicated expense tracking tools, for free, on the internet ...

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

I think I would be satisfied with 10 万 rmb a month.  I have not achieved this yet, but i think it is a reasonable amount of money that should take care of all the expenses.  It would make housing affordable, pay for transportation and driver, pay random expenses, make marriage an easier choice, pay for pet food, keep gf or wife feeling secure, make travel and vacation comfortable, and allow me to save for a child's future education.  After the above expenses there should be roughly 30,000-50,000 rmb left over to save in the bank. 

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

That Ai Wei Wei article is interesting because I felt that same feeling a few weeks ago.  I witnessed some things that made me think the same things Ai is describing in that article. 

I came to the conclusion that the powers that be have to die before they can be perpetuated if the Chinese are ever going to get a taste of a free world.  Right now there are multiple worlds.  One where logic and reasoning prevail and another where traditional wisdom seems to prevail.  However, look at where the United State's moral ethics got the West.  It is very difficult to argue what is right for all.  Why is America great?  It seems great in the states because we fight and cheat everyone else in order to have such a great environment in our own country.  That does not make the world a better place.  With China they seem to keep their worldly influence within their own country at least up until now. To me that seems to be the reason why they seem to have such a wide range of social experiences here.  Many Chinese know whats up and they immigrate to Canada, USA, or Australia, as soon as they get the chance.  Especially these days as shit gets more and more out of control and the party gets more and more paranoid.  Can't wait till those ignorant old men die.

Im used to fighting.  I never had any security anywhere, so I can handle feeling insecure.  I guess thats why I don't really care about governments agendas.  I have never lived by their rules anyway.  In America in China it does not matter.  They all look the same to me.  I do what I want and say what I want to say no matter where I am.  Put me in prison abroad, so I can become infamous and make your job even harder.  If you kill me then so be it.  I will have died fighting. 

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.