Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » Sneak Peek: Redesigned Header, Footer & Frontpage

• Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:

We're redesigning header, footer and frontpage. Here's how it's going to look. Hope you all like it :-)

PS! This is how the frontpag will look when you are NOT signed in. When you are signed in, you will go to the same page as "In Beijing" today (but with the new header and footer of course)

www.kentloset.com/WLIB8.jpg

• Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:

The footer is clearly not the thing I care about the most.

The header looks better to me. But what's the "banner" going to be? ad?

The log page looks much more neat than the current one. The "check-in" icon would clearly benefit a redesign I guess.

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

@Saibo: Yep, the banner will be used for ads. Rather that than charging for memberships ;-)

You mean the icon under "Places" right? Feel free to pass Kent ideas for that on a private message :-) Though I think we should stick to something similar that everyone recognizes - like the google map pin.

• Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:

Yeah, just that having it black and white gives the feeling that there was supposed to be a "real" image that was not found and this one's a replacement or sth like that!

• Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:

The icons for places is pretty much just a placeholder for now. Making icons for restaurants, bars, landmarks, cafés and lots of other types of places is going to take a lot of time to make, so i just used this so Ole could put it all together in HTML. I'll make some nice icons later I guess... :-)

• Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:

btw, how is that "place" thing working? Integrated with a foursquare like service or all made on your own?

• Joakim Lund Rangel

It`s made by our own. We are also almost done with a mayor upgrade of the wlib android and iphone app that includes the places module. The app allows you to browse places nearby you, checkin, upload photos etc. Among the already existing features like browsing profiles, your inbox, events etc.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.