Discussion » Dating & Romance » The decline of Asian marriage:Asia's lo

• A.w
    A.w wrote:
    <p>A lot of Asians are not marrying later. They are not marrying at all. Almost a third of Japanese women in their early 30s are unmarried; probably half of those will always be. Over one-fifth of Taiwanese women in their late 30s are single; most will never marry. In some places, rates of non-marriage are especially striking: in Bangkok, 20% of 40-44-year old women are not married; in Tokyo, 21%; among university graduates of that age in Singapore, 27%.</p> <p><strong>The joy of staying single</strong></p> <p>.....for a woman, being both employed and married is tough in Asia. Women there are the primary caregivers for husbands, children and, often, for ageing parents; and even when in full-time employment, they are expected to continue to play this role. This is true elsewhere in the world, but the burden that Asian women carry is particularly heavy. Japanese women, who typically work 40 hours a week in the office, then do, on average, another <strong>30 hours of housework.</strong> Their husbands, on average, <strong>do three hours.&nbsp;</strong></p> <p><strong>.................</strong></p> <p>article is from&nbsp;<a href="http://www.economist.com/node/21526350">http://www.economist.com/node/21526350</a></p>
  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

From this kind article from Economist, we can know how ignorant and double standard from these western media.

They never tell truth about other countries, and they only force their guesses to other people and countries.

• Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:

Hmm, I have a few questions about the statistic:

1. unmarried doesn't mean one is single, maybe certain part of these samples do live with others but they didn't register officially? Or maybe they will get married later, since most of them are aged under 40.
    2. I think this article meant to explain the phenomenon by "The joy of staying single". But it didn't point out that it's the reason given by most of those samples. Maybe there are more factors at work.

I think that rising marriage age might not be a bad thing, people know better what they expect in life when they are more mature.

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

hahahhahahhahahahahaha    I love Adamant , she only 5 years old that learn the golen truth  about life when Asian women spend more than 100 years to know.  “I don"t want to marry  you , if i don't have a job.   i want to have a job .hahahhahahahhaa so cute!

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

before: i dont marry you, if you dont have a job, now: i dont marry you, if i dont have a job...  joder! about have children better don't talk, huh? 

• Checkered
    Checkered wrote:

"..for a woman, being both employed and married is tough in Asia."

Dear I see this the same in Europe too.

Mengmeng got a great point, that's why I always take such report or survey some pastime.

• Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:

wow, this little girl is awesome! But she has to wait for 11 years to get married, it's illegal to hire minors, right? XD.

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

noOne is lonely, when they tell u they r alone n single, they acturally have someone or some ones around~~~~~~~~~

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahaha ... I think this thread needs to be brought back to life, because I found something interesting :)

And in fact, these can work for both marriages and relationships :)

缺少七样东西你的婚姻必不保

1、童心 [br] 其实只有童心未眠,青春才会永驻,爱情才可历久弥新,所以最好能多保留一点天真、单纯、多拥有一点爱好、好奇心。在外面尽管当“正人君子”,可回到家,大门一关就最好当个大孩子。

2、浪漫 [br] 不少中国家庭太注重实际而缺少浪漫。不要以为浪漫无边就是献花、跳舞,不要以为没有时间、没有钱就不能浪漫。要知道,浪漫的形式是丰富多彩的、多种多样的。

3、幽默 [br] 说话幽默能化解、缓冲矛盾和纠纷,消除尴尬和隔阂,增加情趣与情感,让一家人乐融融。

4、亲昵 [br] 许多夫妻视经常亲昵为黏黏糊糊,解释“不当众亲昵”是不轻浮的表现。但专家研究发现,亲昵对提高家庭生活质量有着妙不可言的作用,而长期缺少拥抱、亲吻的人容易产生“肌肤饥饿”,进而产生情感饥饿。

5、情话 [br] 心理学家认为,配偶之间每天至少得向对方说三句以上充满感情的情话,如“我爱你”、“我喜欢你的某某”。然而,不少国人太过注意含蓄,很少把爱挂在嘴边,以为这样是浅薄、令人肉麻。不少中国夫妻更是希望配偶把爱体现在细致、体贴的关心上。这固然没错,但是如果只有行动,没有情话,会不会给人以“只有主菜,没有佐料”的缺陷感呢?

6、沟通 [br] 不少中国夫妻把意见、不快压抑在心理,不挑明,还美其名曰“脾气好,有修养”。其实,相互闭锁,只能导致误会加深,长期压抑等于恶性能量,一旦爆发,破坏性更大。正常的做法应该是加强沟通,有意见、不快应该诚恳、温和、讲究策略地说出来,并经常主动地了解对方的想法。吵架也不一定是坏事,毕竟它也是一种沟通的手段,只是应该就事论事,别进行人身攻击。

7、欣赏 [br] 人们经常用欣赏的眼光看自己的孩子,所以总觉得“孩子是自己的最好”;又因为常用挑剔的眼光看配偶,所以总认为老婆(丈夫)是别人的好。用不同的眼光去评价同一件事,结论会大相径庭。如果你不假思索就能数出配偶的许多缺点,那么你多半缺少欣赏的眼光。如果你当面、背后都只说配偶的优点,那么,你就等于学会了爱,并能收获到爱。

• A豆腐
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

How can someone create 30 hours of housework to do? I've never managed to have more than an hour or two a week, and my home is neater and cleaner than most girls'.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.