Discussion » Nonsense » Hometown!

• Rick (史大龙)
    Rick (史大龙) wrote:
    <p>Why is it that so many on here do not list their hometown unless they are from Beijing or a different country? Many only list "China", is it that bad not to be from Beijing or are they (you) ashamed of their (your) hometown, or both? Be proud of who you are and where you're from.</p>
  • WeLiveInBeijingRess

i guess they r just lazy or they think it's not important, i listed it, do u know where my hometown is? 宝鸡——an small city that chinese don't even know

• Rick (史大龙)

No, I don't know where that is, but you are also one of the few. But notice I didn't say "all" because I know that would be wrong...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ...Rick ... long time :)

One possibility is that maybe their hometowns are actually not on the list? However, I suppose the admins copied a standard list from elsewhere, so this possibility looks unlikely ...

Another one might be ... perhaps some, or many, of them dont like to be put into a certain stereotype, or being looked at with prejudice, so they omitted that information?

• Rick (史大龙)

@叮噹叔叔 (义工) 

haha, it has been a long time :)  Just found myself with some free time. Good answer BTW.... I can't figure out how to put Shuangjing on mine... but they can put the province and don't. Just thought they didn't want that sterotype for not being a Beijinger, but it kinda gives it away when it is left blank.... 

• Saint - Spartacus

hometown, sort of country yard , u waste time to find what it is exactly 

• Rick (史大龙)

I never thought any of it was important, it was just a general question. Peace out...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.