Discussion » Nonsense » U.S. suspects Pakistan let China visit stealth cho

• Sakura
    Sakura wrote:
    <p><strong>Washington (CNN)</strong>&nbsp;-- The United States is concerned that Pakistan may have given China access to the high-tech helicopter that crashed in the U.S. raid on Osama bin Laden's compound, a U.S. official said Monday.</p> <p>"We have reason to suspect China was given access but we cannot confirm it definitively," said a U.S. official who is not authorized to discuss intelligence matters publicly. "We have strong suspicions."</p> <p>The comment came after news reports suggested Pakistani authorities may have allowed Chinese engineers to see the stealth aircraft. Pakistan's military has denied the allegation, saying there is "no truth to the report."</p> <p>In a written statement, Maj. Gen. Athar Abbas told CNN the claim is part of a "malicious campaign" against Pakistan's security forces. Abbas "expressed his astonishment at the far-fetched reporting of certain foreign media outlets," the statement said.</p> <p>Officials at the Chinese Embassy in Washington did not immediately respond to a request for comment.</p> <p>The Financial Times newspaper in London reported that it had learned that Pakistan "allowed Chinese military engineers to photograph and take samples from the top-secret stealth helicopter." It added that "people close to the White House and the Central Intelligence Agency" told the paper that "the Chinese were in fact given access to the helicopter." China declined to comment, the article said.</p> <p>The New York Times reported that "Pakistan's intelligence service probably allowed Chinese military engineers to examine the wreckage," citing "American officials and others familiar with the classified intelligence assessments." It noted that the "American assessments were disclosed" by The Financial Times.</p> <p>When the aircraft crashed during the raid that killed the al Qaeda leader in May, Navy SEALs destroyed most of it to protect the technology. But the tail section remained mostly intact and it was that area that the Chinese engineers examined, according to the New York Times report.</p> <p>China and Pakistan enjoy a long-standing military relationship, and the May raid that killed bin Laden -- staged without informing the Pakistani government -- stoked tensions between Washington and Islamabad. In July, the United States said it was withholding $800 million in aid to Pakistan.</p> <p>"They've taken some steps that have given us reason to pause on some of the aid which we're giving to the military, and we're trying to work through that," White House Chief of Staff William Daley said at the time.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>
  • Sakura
    Sakura wrote:

丫挺们,一没钱就找借口打仗,顺便干掉跟自己对着干的,还缓解经济危机,现在终于找到中国头上来了。其实最危险的就是丫了。看今年911这件事会不会被炒起来吧。

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

This is a very good way Pakistan is trying to find opportunityto anger the US again. Actually, the US showed once again that no one can believe them. Killing Osama in a foreign soil while working closely with the Pakistanian State that allowed them to come and fight the Alqaida is another violation of Pakistanian sovereignty. They claimed not to be willing to let the Pakistan know about the killing plan fearing they would let Osama run. But they were asked how many times Pakistan have let any intelligency secret leaked, they said it's not even one time...

I believe Pakistan didn't just bring Chinese to take a look from far, but they might have approached that Helicopter to get the high-tech.

Pakistan has all the benefits to lean on China after being deceived and being humiliated by a best friend...and while the best friend is seriously sick, one doesn't tend to show much sympathy after such a betrayal. Pakistan need money, China as a new friend is rich and generous in lending, while the other friend's wallet got rotten and  started begging on Wallstreet by pass bridge.

There ever never been friendship in diplomacy, there's interest, remember?

High Priest

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

This is fair play. We can't really complain.

The Pakistani government is currupt, paranoid, and in bed with certain terrorist groups (though not Al Qaeda), and I don't trust them at all; and meanwhile the Chinese government is just horrible, and whatever high tech weaponry they get from this they're more likely to use against Chinese people than against the US or its allies.

That said, no one can blame Pakistan or China for this little exchange. Anyone would do it. It's America's fault for leaving the helicopter there and not destroying it completely -- or more accurately it's the military's fault for crashing the thing on foreign soil in the first place. I approved of the mission to get OBL, so if this is the cost than so be it. No sense in getting angry at Pak or China about it.

• Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

haha

What a JOKE! Who is the real terrorist?

United States is the real and biggest terrorism country in the world!

Who has the most military deficit?

Who had the war with many countries at the same time?

Who is throwing bombs and killing innocent civilian people all around the world?

Who supported Pakistan during the Soviet invasion of Afganistan?

Who borrowed money but never want to repay?

A lot dirty things this country has done, and everyone knows that this country is United States of American!

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Dudu, I know how much u r gonna be hated on this site labeling the US as the most terrorist State ever. I know for sure u r gonna get smacked to be silenced. But I do agree with ur statement upstaire. No country in human history, has created uproar as the US with its allies. When u talk about the US you see the British and some EU members.

600,000 people killed in Irak where we found the biggest cemetery in the world...

High Priest

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

He meant borrowing and refuse to pay for the debt. I'm sure about that nway.

Who borrowed money but never want to repay?

High Priest

• Sakura
    Sakura wrote:

right,and I cant agree with you more,Dudu

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

The R&D that went into today's stealth technology is decades old. The gap between the US and China is in being able to distribute and implement technology in a cost-effective manner--even if there were some secrets to be discovered, it would be decades more for China to figure out what to do with it.

A stealth bomber crashed in the Balkans conflict and the fuselage was more or less intact; who knows to whom the Serbs showed that piece of shit. This was just a refitted Blackhawk with a quieter engine.

Who cares? No one other than a few sad, sorry sacks of nationalistic shit looking for any opportunity they can find to utter some sensational horseshit.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Who defaulted on loans? Some fucking crazy Tea Party extremists threatened to allow it to happen by refusing to raise the debt ceiling (as every previous president and congress has done).

What you should be more concerned about is that America does repay its debts. How about if the U.S. Treasury just mints a single coin that says $5 trillion on it?

They can do that.

How do ya like them apples?

The only reason the US' credit rating was downgraded by S&P (whose shitty appraisals of mortgage-backed securities contributed to the financial crisis in the first place) was because the leaders of AAA-rated countries shouldn't even talk about defaulting on loans.

It's bad enough that Americans are stupid enough to believe this Tea Party bullshit. That the rest of the world takes it seriously as well makes me think, perhaps they all deserve it.

A "Pox Americana" upon you all.

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

Guys, stop responding to Dudu.  He's barely even a real person.  He's just some retarded 粪青 who likes to take it up the ass from the Chinese government and can't understand why his fellow Chinese don't feel the same as him.  He bends himself over the couch, spreads his asscheeks open, begs the CCP to ram it up there nice and deep, and then is outraged that his peers aren't doing the same thing.  It's not really worth arguing with him.

• Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

haha 外交猫

When you can't defend your country, and then you label others.

We are not stupid, just go to other countries, people with brain all hate your country, Muslin hates your country, other people who love peace hate your country. Don't mention those Chinese you know, they are few and can't represent Chinese.

By the way, you are still using cold war logic to talk about CCP, if CCP sucks, youa country and government are much worse.

You are just some ignorant white trash with some kind superiority.

Can you refute what I said about your country?

You country and people are war criminals.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Scott,"but rather an external material that somehow deflects radar,"

Counter-radar technology is EXACTLY what I was referring to as being the "old" stealth technology. Angular designs with radar-deflecting shapes, non-metallic airframes, and radar-absorbant materials have been around for decades. They were incorporated into the F-117, which has already been decommissioned. That should give you an idea of just how old the R&D behind stealth technology really is.

The new, key technology behind the stealth helicopter is in fact the quieter engine rotors.

It's annoying that people treat this shit as though they're classified military secrets. Give me a few days with a wiki and I can explain the "somehow" you were referring to. It'll be boring and I'll most certainly be a condescending prick about it, but it's well within my meager scientific knowledge to explain technology that has been available to the public for decades.

So, yeah. Let 'em cut off bits of this magical stealth material. It'll be decades before they figure out a cost-effective way of using it. By then, maybe we'll have outgrown wasteful military spending and arrogant nationalistic posturing, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

"You are just some ignorant white trash with some kind superiority."

It doesn't take much effort.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.