Discussion » Ask a Foreigner » Are most of foreigners in Beijing bad guys?

• Arielllll
    Arielllll wrote:
    <p>I only met and know&nbsp;few foreigners, but I've already met some wild unresponsible foreigners. Is this common? Or most&nbsp;foreigners become bad in China( My friends say so).</p>
  • Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

Depends on are you a good gal?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... wild? irresponsible? Can you describe what did you mean? My guess is that it depends on where you met them, whom you met, and how did you interact with them ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I cannot say I have met too many, but I imagine so ...

• Kevin Brekke
    Kevin Brekke wrote:

go to library ;P

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... it is not about the RIGHT way, as there is not general rule about this ... it depends mostly on yourself ... at the moment, without checking your profile, my guess is that you are between 20 and 25?

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

Most foreigners are perverts.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... the way you said it, it sounded like you dont have a large social circle, so you cannot really be too old ... hence I guessed that age group ... anyone could have guessed it anyway :)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... to a large extent, I dont agree ... if you dont meet the bad ones, you would never know who are the good ones :)

... it's like, if you always eat one type or flavour of food, you would never find out about the others ...

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

It seems you are new here, you've been targeted already, there will be a Bad luck party, please join in, this is the best way wlib members meet. Another gathering is Wet party? Something like that, I guess you've got to dance till U wet more than other girls than you become a champion, in that way, you'll become a celebrity then your inbox will be full of PM.

Welcome on board.

High Priest

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... hahahahaha ...

• Niseon
    Niseon wrote:

I don't think so.No foreigner,also no beijing people.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... Lee ... it is so unlike you to hijack a thread, and even more so to ask for cooking tips ...

... if she is OK with dairy, I suggest you tried to baking with cheese and cream ... make sure you boil them first ...

... if she is on diet, and/or prefers less oily ... or if you are too lazy ... just simmer it in water, drain it, then pour a little olive oil and salt on top, and toss a little bit ...

... if you are REALLY lazy, and as an extension to this last one ... get some carrot pieces, beans, broccoli, also simmer them in water, drain the mixed vege, throw some salt on top, and serve it with meat, sausages or pasta ...

• MiKa
    MiKa wrote:

Read and understand Lao Lee's message..."quote" there are many many different foreigners from many different cultures, backgrounds, situations and countries all living in beijing.... they all go there for different reasons and are very very different people in regards to lifestyle, life choices and decicion making ethics......"unquote" thats the fact! Thanks @Lao Le

What do you think, are most Mainland Chinese living in Hongkong are bad guys? or didn't you mean the same answer is valid for them as well?!

@Ariellll (hope enough lll, sorry forgot my reading lense...)

I shame to be pointet by such a question, THAT IS Racism!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... you can get a China-made microwave with oven function for around or less than 1k ... but if you dont have one for the moment, the boiling is really too simple ... and only because I like cheese, you can also toss the boiled cauliflower with mozzarella or parmasan, and some finely chopped parsley ...

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

Only one hour you got about 40 posts . Now i think you can see which one is good and which is bad.IT sort out like this :Lao Lee who is not that gentel to you but all said the reality and right things to you , and if you try to accept some ,you may see they are really golden value things  inside for you to learn about more foreigers. And Uncle DD is most the soft one when he talk to people , as you see, he already gave you magic answer.  

And on the other hand, birds of a feather flock together, what do you think about the "Bed Tyger" & God fater" & "High priest"?  Are they good by your side?

• MiKa
    MiKa wrote:

stop, hahaha, hey, its truly hard to follow without my lenses, even i use windows help...hahaha, happy to see coming back for the good sides of live. I got something about rabbit? Who have a good recipe??

,ooohhhh i miss my grandma's one...Rabbit mit broad noodels and cream sauce...

sorry, i need to leave now, become hungry, haha

Ladies and Gentleman, don't stop posting (especially recipe's :-)) may be we can show Ariel+4 the good side of us foreigners and convince her that only 0,00567% are bad guys ;-)

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

haha as always ,play with yourself.Evan

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

hahahhaaha  I think you are more clever than me to understand more.  far more.  We should post another thread about cooking or recipe.

• Rick (史大龙)

YES! They are!

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈 Of course nothing can stop you from being a bad guy?  

A Good gal is a good gal at every not just @ Sanlitun or wudaokou ....................................................................................................

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

Taokaka

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

all I have met are great so far :) 

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Ms Stephanie, you are such a lucky girl, there is non like you in this WLIB. 

@Lovina, sorry about what happened to your friend, She should have listened to High Priest advice.

@Jenny King: And on the other hand, birds of a feather flock together, what do you think about the "Bed Tyger" & God fater" & "High priest"?  Are they good by your side?

How was your date with the Godfather when you guys went for swimming? Was he a good man? Was there a happy ending? Someone said you have changed your sex orientation, I just wonder how you guys dated.

High Priest

• Sab
    Sab wrote:

Let's not forget the fact, that the reason you see foreigners here is because they came to here for study... hence they are too young for settle down. It's not irresponsibility but the naivity of Chinese girls who think the foreigners will not leave the country and everything behind. The people who works here mostly have family here, if there is a wife at homeno question why they seems irresponsible when they cheat somebody. Foreginers are varied like Chinese, but the foreigners we know here mostly came for special reason, and therefore behave according to their purpose. So, local girls better accept if they want young white fellas, then the risk they will be dropped is high, unless the man has more heart than career speculations and will stay for the girl or take the girl with them... These options are unlikly if they can have fun here, they don't want to be lonely during the time they study here.

So, girls don't be naive. When you date with a young foreigner, accept the fact that it might stand short time, if you like that way go ahead. If you afraid to have broken heart, look after a steady guy, who is already settled down in China. 

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

hahahaha some girls never listen or learn 'cause they overate their charms

• Rick (史大龙)

@Scott

Well Said!

• Mari Vidste
    Mari Vidste wrote:

@Scott,

Thanks for the sermon. Being yourself from America, your understanding of American standards of decorum is truly impressive. Maybe one day you will understand the idiocy of your judgmental tone. In fact, couples wearing matching shirts is cute, paying taxes gives me a license to throw shit on the ground, and answering your cell during a face-to-face conversation with a boring person is not only acceptable, but morally imperative. I would not have objected to you or Lao Lee's comments had they been appropriately signed with the following signature: "-petty little twat"

• Saint - Spartacus

LoL ... depends, i've a intimate friendship with a foreign girl for one year and a harf and she broke my heart at the end, and another for more than 4 years friendship, never change...

it's depends the conversation maybe , to force their serious attention , but i do hard make a conclusion about what is bad or good.  make sure not to be tricked it's oky.

presonnally , i prefer date foreign girls , ^^

• WeLiveInBeijingRess

u r an adult, why should others to be responsible to u, u gotta figure out what u want and expect first, and then u will know if the person u meet is right or wrong for u, u really can't set up your own standards and expect any guy to be like the same, (the type of guy u daydream about is probably from some korean soap opera, they don't exist, to tell u the truth, and they seem pretty goofy)

i don't quite understand what u mean by wild, actually that type of wild beast could be attractive sometimes

assholes can be from anywhere, i take foreigner as ppl from anywhere in the world but china, there r more than 200 countries, it cracks me up that only chinese guys r responsible and non-wild

lastly, young guys want fun normally (u call them irresponsible), aged guys r more stable, this is scientific fact, or human nature, chinese ppl r more insecure based on the background and tradition we have, they all pursue the same thing and don't make their own decision, that's why they r more suitable for u

• Undermoonlight

The girl upstairs has got some brain~If most of my students and young people I've met can have this kind of independant spirit and sensible attitude towards life and society, I will be happy not to nag arround like a sad old man~

Feel really upset for Lao Lee's crooked sensitivity about Chinese people's attitude to foreigners----a suggestion: you either adjust your twisted nature to a right extent or buy a plane ticket to leave China as soon as possible----we don't have many good psycharitrists here~~

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... Lee .. any luck with the cauliflower last night? Sorry MiKa, never cooked rabbit nor do I know how, heehee ...  

... one point about "responsibility" ...

Arielllll ... it does look like that you were involved in a relationship or some sort, but it did not go well, right? what was your initial expectation, and did the guy(s) know anything about it? ...

Whether Chinese or foreigners, regardless of gender or sexual orientation, or the type of relationship, if you want to have (and keep) a relationship with a person, the minimum that you will ever need to do is "talk", especially for a long-term one, and more so with a "romantic" one ... again, too many variables and too many factors to consider ...

... hope it helps ...

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

'talk' sometime helps,not always,maybe it has to have the feelings and emotions(the real),the basis,also hardly if meet the right one to talk.

some of them are not the bad guys,they are assholes...

• Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:

"traditional Chinese customs" --看到这个,我笑了。Do we preserve traditional Chinese customs nowadays?

Tradtional Chinese customs said:
    1. Respect others, be considerates, give convenience to others.
    2. Love nature, obey natural laws.
    3. Be strict to myself, be generous to others.
    4. Cherish the food you can get, don't waste.
    Like law, everyone knows all the items, but there are still people break the laws. The difference is people won't get punished by breaking customs. Especially breaking the rules is fashionable nowadays.

Traditional culture didn't say no sex before marriage, it said: sex is the ceremony of the combination of bodies and souls of two people. it didn't say lovers should wear couple-shirts, it didn't say man have to hold bag's for woman.

As an ill-travelled, unseasoned, uneducated country-aunt, Chinese culture is the only education I get. But I also break codes: I don't eat  splanchnic organs. I don't respect all people, I only respect those who respect themselves. I will let the phone vibrate for a while before turning it down, so the other side can know I am informed but not available.

Back to the topic, 我又笑了. I am short-sighted, I can't see pure while and black, I can only see gray with various tones.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

The number of Chinese people I have met is far, far greater than the number of foreigners OP has met.

I would presume this is true for most expats residing in Beijing. Chances are, we know more of you than you know of us. Unless, of course, you think Western cultural imperialism and the inundation with Western films and music makes you experts on Western values, in which case I will add that I've been watching kung fu movies for a very long time. Where's my honorary degree in sinology, eh?

But I digress. My point is that by simple virtue of being strangers in the most normal place on Earth, our generalizations have a comparatively stronger objective foundation. We have a comparatively larger amount of anecdotal evidence to support half-baked conclusions about the moral values of our benevolent hosts.

We observe thousands of Chinese people every day. How many foreigners do you talk to in a day?

And yet, when a foreigner poses an obnoxiously cuntish rhetorical question like, "are most Chinese greedy/racist/dishonest?," (note the comparative specificity, not just "bad people") without demonstrating appropriate subjective knowledge, you can rest assured that other foreigners will leap at the opportunity to correct him for such intellectual laxity.

When I observe the locals' gentle responses to the OP, I see this thread as confirmation that Chinese people only beat their children when no one else is watching.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... Dando, remind me to ask you for dinner when my mother visits ...

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

hahahhahahahhahaa We can usually learn much more from people whose views we share than from people whose views contradict our own; disagreement can cause stress and inhibit learning.  It it really true.  We can see Lao lee & scott just gave some contradict opinions then make people speak  out  more. 

@ Yanni  yes you right , it depends on the guy's attitude and of course we should him first. 

Hahaha Mengmeng you are cute.

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

Uncle when your mama will visite you ?

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

hahahah Uncle you want to talk Dando to see your parent, ^^

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... tentative: November ...

Hahahaha ... he was the one who said "Chinese people only beat their children when no one else is watching", but he had obviously not met my mother ... ok, maybe she does not do that now, but she did when we were young :)

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

hahahahahhahahah  I think we were in the same boat, Freemasonry, My farther beat me when i was young that just because i too hard to handel in their ways and they can not learn my way to communicate with me .And he did not  hide when he heat us, and there will be no one to stop him , cause they all think :老子打儿子天经地义。:)   

And i remember when i was young one day my farther beat me with a stick and my mom saw it and was afraid i would hurt too much and said gentel to him ," lao lee "(my farther's nick name^^)  use this ---and gave a bamboosplint to him .hahaha I was taken a aback and quickly ran away haha cause my mom did not know that bamboosplit it is much more hurt than the stick .haha

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

…………Haha Laoleeyou are welcome , i believe they understand more behind their words but they just don't show it.

well "we can usually learn more...................and inhabit learning." This is a thesis form a GRE book. hope people can discuss more.

An other thing why administrators can not use some moreFTP of computer for this web.?  It's too slow.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... Jenny ... no need to say it that many times ...

Lee ... steamed vege? never tried it myself, still prefer the less green way, i.e. boil them ...

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

yes , It is no use to say it alot, take a break ^^

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

Uncle:OH Did you see thea lot of  posts that  i posted on ?I did not mean to do that ,it was because this web too slow then i click the button a lot of times , so it showed i said it again and again and i spended more than 5 minutes to deleted them.

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

yeah kulo was right..foreigners dont smell good, its the perfume they wear do. u go for them for the languages, better spend money then u wont get fucked n fucked up at the same time.

• Amalie Sæverud

All men are bad, all girls are good! End of discussion!  let's have fun! :)

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

……………………^^2s day

• Sab
    Sab wrote:
    • Sab

Sab maybe some of them, but not most of them!!.... who knows most of them? Everybody just knows a certain circle of people...

2 hours agodelete
    • 史大龙(Rick)

史大龙(Rick) But the circle is a pretty small one, especially from this web site and on from here I would have to say MOST...

2 hours ago
    • Sab

Sab on this site? is that all? There are 100K foreigner in Beijing... Inc. embassy people, business people, cooks, artists, teachers... I would say only a few idiot student age laowai make a bad and loud reputation about us in Sanlitun or elsewhere they exposed...

55 minutes agodelete
    • 史大龙(Rick)

史大龙(Rick) You are correct, that is why I said on this site... in this small circle, not the total 100K laowai in Beijing... Just read the majority of comments that are left and blogs left on here. I am not referring to the ones that majority don't have contact with. And Don't think just because they work in an embassy they are not bad apples...

10 minutes ago
    • <a href="../../..&
  • Sab
    Sab wrote:

• Sab

Sab I don't know here the foreigners so I can't express opinion. I try to avoid to create stereotypes in any fields of life. You might right about "these" people here... but maybe just some "bad" ones are more active than the good ppl. Guys who fooling around have more time to spend on this site

4 minutes agodelete
    • Sab

Sab Those who found a partner, like I was here inactive for two years although I have the account here, they don't come often and make silly comments or pushing girls. So what I see is a few guys are more exposed than the rest of us.. And the negative judgments comes because of them... :)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... admins, looks like the "wrapping" has yet to be fixed in the forum? Sab's post has disfigured it, and it is likely to get even more distorted soon :)

Sab ... heehee ... it's not 100% true, for one, I do come here often to make silly comments and I am also married ...

Actually, my guess is that Ariel did not meet her particular group of foreigners via this site, but perhaps from other social circles (e.g. clubs or bars, or Starbucks on Thursday) ... being that the number of foreigners on this site is but a small percentage of the 100k of foreigners in China (or Beijing?), and Ariel is a new ID, unless, she already has another one?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... which was why I suggested before, in relation to all the crap appearing on the forum, or perhaps the issue of "fake ID", that new members should be blocked from commenting in the forum, until he/she has been at least 3 or 6 months old ...

... my assumption here is that most idiots who created "fake IDs" would probably forget the email addresses after 3 or 6 months ...  

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Ada queen: hahahaha~just know today~foreigner man lie their age too

Does that imply that Chinese used to do it? I agree with u, if you get hooked up by a laowai, ask him his passport first.

High Priest

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... not many believes me either when I said I am 40+ ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

哈哈哈哈,应该是去年的时候吧:

在108路的公交上,让座给一个阿姨,她说了多谢,然后,看了一眼我的肚腩,就说“年轻人不能这么胖”(或类似吧),然后,我就说我已经不年轻了(或叫她猜猜我多大?),好像还拿出来身份证给她看,然后她补一句,“哦,那么就差不多了”!

有一点点啼笑皆非!嘻嘻!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... maybe I am, maybe I am not ... you have the same "problem" anyway ...

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

OMG

• Sab
    Sab wrote:

@叮噹叔叔 (义工) : haha, silly comments doesn't make you a bad guy :) I meant those who are purposly single and just looking for sexual adventures and they articulate it very primitive way.... 

there are 100K foreigners just in Beijing... based on the last year's population counting... 

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... huh?

• Simen Wangberg

This thread is classic Tammy.

"He's such a player!"

"Is he a player??"

"Totally!"

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Jenny&King, Is Godfather a Bad man? How was your date at the swimming pool?

High Priest

• Even Nygård
    Even Nygård wrote:

@LZ In general, yes. However, I would argue that most of the foreigner hang-outs (especially Sanlitun and the greater Gongti area) tend to attract bad girls – or at least closet bad girls.

Outside of those areas, who knows. Probably the same mix of bad and good you find in the general populace.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Bedtyger, I was late on that night, so I guess it went on one on one. I came when the table was being cleaned, no leftovers for me:)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahaha ... Bedtyger ... Jenny has left Beijing quite a while ago, so whatever you have heard is not true ... as for what HP does privately, it is not up to me to comment ...

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Wow! U've got well update bro. Good shepherd no? What about what DingDong does publicly?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... hahahaha ... I am glad that certain "things" dont change much around here ...

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

I cannot speak for other foreigners, but I can say that I am damn good at being bad : P

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

hahahahhahahhahahha                  i went to swim at a pool?   haha  it is a famerhose pool and you guys did a great made up job , come on , continue to make up some new things.

• Kevin Chen
    Kevin Chen wrote:

yes yes maybe 

but i am good guy 

i feel 

foreigne girls

are very nice , some of them .

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Duo Duo, "Am just wondering why the waiter and waitress in their own countries can be high paid teachers in China? Schools in China must be too blind to select the right candidates."

According to your profile and status, you're a recruiter for those schools. As long as we're making arrogant generalizations, I should point out that you're part of the problem. What were you doing before you were headhunting? Certainly not waiting tables. That would be honest work.

The problem with the ESL business is that recruiters are NOT blind. In fact their eyesight is too good and they tend to hire people on the basis of superficial appearances rather than actual qualifications.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

most of the foreign guys I've met out here are rapists and child molesters, but they are pretty cool guys all the same (except the french)

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

HAHAHAHAha Carlos:

back 

your 

up

• K5-35
    K5-35 wrote:

Most guys are tedious, whether foreign or Chinese, as for quality or moral standards, guys are not worse or better than girls in the true sense. 

Most foreign guys (no offense to gentlemen) I have known in China, I would have to say, have acquired some disspointing quality of "Chinese characteristics", which make them even more tedious, mixed up with their pretense of haughtiness, are completely insufferable. 

Randomly, there are a few dolls though. ;)

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

that is true  in some aspect.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... Alexandra: I can say that australian really bad guys ...

... I keep telling everyone that I am bad, really, really bad, but no one believes me ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... Lee ... been expecting you, how are you? sorry to tell you, but this is all but a trap ... she just sent me a friend request ...

... oh, for the slapping part, you can choose left or right, what will you use?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... I lived abroad so I'm very openminded, obviously, you have not met enough people, and you definitely have not met Dudu ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... hahahaha ... dont be scared ... mwahahahaha ...

• Simen Wangberg

"I don't like Americans because they always want to show that they are better than everybody."

Right, but...they are better than everybody. I mean, the world is a diverse place, tons of different cultures and creeds, various races and ethnicities contributing to the good of mankind, but...yeah, no. Americans are best.

BEER AND PUSSY AND SHOOTING STUFF. BALD EAGLE IN YOUR FACE. YEAH WOOO

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I'm so much better than everyone that I'm too good for this thread.

• Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:

...This thread up again?

A bit late to reply Scott, I didn't see it before.

Jesus didn't COPY Confucius, they developed their thought independently. And Jesus didn't discriminate woman. But Confucius wouldn't let you slap his face twice.

Your theory of "modern No. 1 law of Chinese culture" might be right if you have met 10% of Chinese citizens or beijingers, that would be about 2 million in beijing (social study shows that if some social behavior is common for 10% of the community, it can be recognized as a custom, I vaguely remembered 10%?). I am not as sociable as you, the limited people I know either go to work earily to avoid the rush in the subway or live near their offices. I feel sorry about their being abandoned by the new culture.

• Simen Wangberg

"Last thing, I lived abroad so I'm very openminded."

I have black friends.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Sorry, it looks like I'm not too good for this thread after all.

"(social study shows that if some social behavior is common for 10% of the community, it can be recognized as a custom, I vaguely remembered 10%?)"

Who showed you that shorthand rule of "social study"? A weird looking old guy outside the subway wearing a long coat?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... Dando ... "a weird looking old guy outside the subway wearing a long coat" ... I get offended by that as I have better fashion sense, no? I was not wearing a long coat, I was wearing skin-tight singlets and bike shorts ...

... damn ... now I am talking like Aqua ... very bad vibe in the office today ...

• Loo
    Loo wrote:

Unfortunately,I  have seen  many less-disciplined expats in Beijing and somewhere else in China.

But I have known many wonderful ones too.That's to say,there are various people in anywhere.

I, Loo, do solemnly swear that in posting this comment I promise to be nice.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@DD, "I was not wearing a long coat, I was wearing skin-tight singlets and bike shorts ..."

It wasn't Mudanyuan subway station, was it?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... ooops ... no ... then dont worry about what I said ... heehee ..

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

I have yet to arrive,so maybe then?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... and my wife has complained many times that I am no longer the same mild mannered Mr Nice Guy when I was in Sydney ... :)

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

乌鸦是一般黑的,但是人却各异。。。。。。。。。

• Malin Morfjord

You will note this Chinese professor's view that Chinese girls become "floozies" when they study in France http://www.globaltimes.cn/NEWS/tabid/99/ID/672517/Female-Chinese-students-return-from-France-floozies-judicial-scholar.aspx

Who knows, perhaps a lot of French people are worried about these "wild and irresponsible" and "bad" Chinese... :)

• Matta Da Legare

but in this website , i can say most foreigners are bad guys wahahahah

• Joligne
    Joligne wrote:

China is seen as a fancy party club from foreign eyes. They come here to play. It’s too easy for them to make money here, especially for English native speakers. They are not too bad if they happen to own the ability to live a good life in a foreign country, like you won’t consider yourself a loser if u struggle to survive in a foreign land. It would be a lot easier for poor foreigners to live in China. Most foreigners here are not belong to upper-class in their own country, but certainly they are not the worst skunks too. Or they are just relocated here temporarily for working reasons.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

If that's so, then the whole developing world is a fancy party club; there's no reason to believe China is the only place with the conditions described, @Joligne. Whore-hopping English teachers exist all over Asia. It is the opinion of this sleazy neo-hobo that China receives only top-notch losers. The cream of the crap.

I liked Chinese Exceptionalism back when it was American Exceptionalism, and less butthurty. It just goes to show, China copies only the worst ideas.

• Joligne
    Joligne wrote:

Whore-hopping English teachers ? Chinese exceptionalism? elaborate.....pls

• Sunlu
    Sunlu wrote:

maybe not all. but i know a old boy is bad and a liar.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Hey now. You're talking about the foreign expert retirement plan, there, @Scott.

• Joligne
    Joligne wrote:

good guys can only be found in kindergarden....

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

Oh thats so cute to say Joligne  

• Saint - Spartacus

the only Beijing Foreigner i've met is about 10 years ago , i was doing our outside photography shot for homework with two other classmates. so this person became our subject . well , if they are bad or good , i do not know .

• Saint - Spartacus

@Evan 爱文 , as u said Basically yes , and you are one of those '' yes '' , so we can conclude that u wanna be a '' Bad " guy , as the rule No. One : '' Girls like bad guys '' . So this release you a potential willing : '' the public lover ''

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

差不多. Ahem, badass is spoken as one word, too.

Bad boys and bad girls are good people.

• DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:

From my understanding, Chinese girls seem to meet most of the foreign guys from only two places:

The internet Vics

So yeah of course they're gonna be bad guys

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

Yes. Since I'm in China, I have noticed my christian moral is decreasing, I can not find a proper hard social pressure to remain civic.

I want do very bad things: Don´t offer my seat to old people and pregnant woman, steal the toys of the kids in the park, spit on bikers, fart in the subway during rush hour, teach little kids how to say -puta-.... many many things

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

A "Christian morale" is a paradox in itself ;)

how is that? Nuns and priests brainwashed me using that kind of expresions since I was a little kid.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Don't you heathens understand that you have to believe in a righteously vengeful bearded sky father to be ethical? It doesn't matter which one. It could be Santa Claus. The point is that if no one is keeping track of who is naughty and nice, there's no reason to be nice, right?

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

No, not all irreverent foreigners in Beijing are bad guys, only the ones here on WLIBJ. I have a notion to wash my keyboard sometimes. Regardless, it’s gladdening to most that I've become passive amongst the presence of semi-autocratic webbies. I chose to skip the assimilation and keep it 100. For those who don't know it means, call it realism because it worthy of that alone.

It doesn't take ethics or contacts to know an asshole when you see one so what’s the problem? Is it the ass or the hole that provides hints of its shitty existence?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.