Discussion » Gaming » english mongers

• Jimi
    Jimi wrote:

Well now, I stand at risk of ridicule and outlash but I really do not give a rat's ass what anyone says.

As you may have noticed I have placed this thread under "gaming". Because that is what some girls are doing. Playing games.

Well I guess I don't blame you for doing it. Learning a language in China is expensive and classes in any school basically suck donkey balls.

But, come on already, the game and the techniques are afoot. I knew about it all along but just went along for the ride thinking I'd get laid or meet some nice people however, I am sure each and every one of you can attest that, Doing our jobs for free, is not going to fly...

Forgive me if I sound too direct, however in light of all that has happened in the past decade I think that I should speak out.

How many foreign people are "teaching" here? Very many, how many Chinese people need training? Even more than the supply of "native speakers".

Don't you consider it to be a rather rude thing to trick people into thinking you can really be our friend or lover or gf or whatever?

what is an English Monger? Someone who dwells in forums like this and tries to find foreigners to help them for free with their language skills. Well that's cool but in all honesty I find it to be a bit rude. We came here to visit and some people treat us like this.

How many damn times has a girl pretended to like you guys? Only you found out in the end she merely just wants to improve her skills. Now if you can live with that, ok then, more power to you.

But, for those of us whom do this work seriously and want to really make a difference, we are not amused and for this person I can honestly say I have had enough of the game...

If you wish to improve your language skills, do it the right way, study on your own and when you learn to actually realize there is nothing wrong with your language skills now, you will find you also wasted your own time.

Then if you need it, you can actually hire a tutor to work with you.

I find this type of treatment rather disgusting. No matter how many times I've gotten laid.

Money is the golden rule in a city such as Beijing. And people in China have gotten plenty of money. So, don't cry poor to me about you don't have money to study because I wouldn't believe you anyway...

there is an old saying in America

Ass, Cash or Grass

Nobody rides for free.

think about it...

• №❶ Passioη

var screwups;

if "Language Exchange" == "Passion Exchange" {

output: %Err%Rem

Rem.1 (Nothing lasts forever);

Rem.2 (Don't pay any major bills);

Rem.3 (Say goodbye at soonest);

//You got yourself a hell of a fockmate - Play the game baby

else if "Language Exchange" == "Language Exchange"

output: %Err%App

App.1 (Absorb all the chinese language you can);

App.2 (make a worthy friend out of the victim);

App.3 (Never attach your feelings to anything sino);

//You got yourself a lovely package of boredom

Oops, excuse the jargons above... I thought you've been in China for quite a long time to have known certain things... Don't take stuff seriously - If its really the language aspect you're interested in, then "help" only the guys ;)

• Simen Wangberg

What happened to ya, man?

I've never had anything like that happen to me. But then, I didn't go on too many dates before I met my 100% true-blue Genuinely Nice Woman.

Also: "monger" is English (UK-English, not proper English) slang for a dude who goes out looking for prostitutes. Just throwing that out there.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

spanish saying: Allá donde fueres, haz lo que vieres. From other more older: "When in rome, do as the Romans¨
    Play dirty also with them, until you find worthy persons.  Turn off all the christian values about treat all as equal, you will be more happier living here. My personal advice from my own experience..

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Monger means someone who trades or sells. A fishmonger would be someone who sells fish. A whoremonger would be a pimp.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

What are the alternative methods of evaluation, Moonriver? Trusting what they say in a web forum? Haha...

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

@Moonriver, believe it or not,  with the pass of the time and many bad experiences you begin to know how to distinguish the kinds of persons, you just pay attention to their actions and don´t give a shit to the sweet words. After some time the fake people begin to sound equal.... but my prefer way is play the role of stupid and naive guy, then the people become lazy in their lies...

• Simen Wangberg

Okayokayokay. Monger is as monger does. I've only heard it in reference to dudes cruising for hookers. And fishmongers, yeah, I've heard that.

• Simen Wangberg

Hey, I'm just mongin' around.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

moonriver, face to face, of course 

• Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:

Hahahaha, I cant help laughing like 叮铛. Is it because of the weather: When the rain falls, the melancholy soul palls:-D. What happened to Astaroth?

Seriously, I don't think language exchange work for 3 reasons:
    1. People try to do lan-ex don't like the boring study at class, but when we talk about something interesting, we will tend to use the language we both have a better level, and we don't pay attention to the mistakes.
    2.Lan-ex might be for those who want to exchange spoken part, but when we chitchat, we always use the basic grammar, it won't help the language skill.
    3.For any study, no one can avoid the boring repeative practice, and this can only be done on one's own.
    That's my guess on this, I have no lan-ex experience though I try to learn a few for fun on my own. So you can take my comments as a silly joke.

Therefore, I don't think people who come to you for language exchange really have the strong will to perfect their language, they must do it for something else. And you may deserve this because you agreed to start a friendship or relationship or whatever based on a trade. But I think you can get real friends with sincerity.

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

A whoremonger is someone who USES prostitutes.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Dude, you did go along with this in the hope of getting laid, surely that makes you partly culpable, no?

• Krister Thonerud

Astaroth 我建议你把中文学会,然后每次一个不懂事的中国人要免费的跟你练英文,那你就不断地跟他们用中文吧。

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

哈哈 好建议 安博远 嘻嘻  希望那个被弄的just had  enough.Dat"t 的人 能愿意翻译一下下来看你写的是神马,

hahahahah just saw this funny thread and it is really funny. Who whats shoot the birds? hands up , i will give you a gun.

• Krister Thonerud

• Krister Thonerud

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

你们还要鸟枪嘛  晚安

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

@ denglili: i think thats massively retarded.

better english may help change life but very little just as sliming donw doesnt help much for better life as well.

however im certain teh one who charged has untold stories as those girls implied above...lalalallallaa

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

@Lili if so then nothing to complain, win-win, lose-lose or i say its fair play.

man n woman can never get rid of those limited 'games', why make drama on language study when things out of expectations n control?maybe u dont believe i learn my english by myself n from english shows. its not good enough but enough to me. foreigners can help open the mind, other things can too..

• Krister Thonerud

• Krister Thonerud

• Krister Thonerud

@Ada 你等我干嘛?

• Krister Thonerud

@Ada 网络体普通话我基本上没问题,早就习惯了。

@Moonriver 中国人表现不自然根本不是因为他们英文水平底,是因为他们做的事不自然。利用别人拿到自己的目标,对方当然是能感觉到的,你不觉得吗?像你们女孩子认识只想上床的男的老外,一下子就知道为什么他多么表扬你,为什么他多么愿意跟你说英文。按我的经验,只有20%你们国人愿意真的认识外国人,交朋友。80%只能看哪有区别,而常常只是看不起。我有一些中国朋友算是非常好的朋友,我就是说那样的人很少。

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.