Discussion » Nonsense » what privileges foreigners have here?

  • WeLiveInBeijingRess
    WeLiveInBeijingRess wrote:
    <p>1: they don't pay cover to enter PPG and SENSATION</p> <p>2: another one i know is, i have a friend (he is taiwanese american, so he has asian face) has a motorcycle with a sidecar (i don't know what it is called, it's like german ppl drove it during the war), he told me that white ppl can ride it anywhere, other than that the police normally stop u in the road </p> <p>WHAT ELSE ?</p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    Hahahahaha ... Scott ... FYI, China has not changed much since more than a century ago ...

    Mimi ... Scott is actually right (to a large extent, as we are nearly sure that there are always exceptions) ...

    Foreigners are treated differently not because they asked for, or even demanded, it, instead, it was offered to them by the general Chinese population ... we can be sure that the government does not encourage it, but like all "small matters" in this country, the government has never handled or dealt with it properly either (such as, by education) ... in general, "equality" does not work very well in China :)

    If you are Chinese (local or otherwise), you should go check our history of how we had "treated" foreigners ...

    This is the VERY rough version ... and I am probably not correct ...

    Up till the middle or the end of Qing, foreigners came to China mostly as scholars and merchants, and were treated as individuals only with different hair color and skin complex, sometimes "described" as scarry monsters who ate children among the rural area (heehee, true or not, this part kind of fits the story telling, ok?), but otherwise, just general human beings like you and me ...

    Near the middle or end of Qing, due to uprise of various "gangsters" (or religions?) and with their teachings among farmers and, generally, the uneducated, the "fear" (and also hatred) for foreigners grew, while the ruler of the country has become weak, plus many bad incidents between Chinese and foreigners among the public, hence the hatred grew even more, eventually leading to the various events, including the "Allied force of Eight Countries", and then China was sliced like a birthday cake ...

    I dont want (nor should I need) to continue too much here since we can all check the history books (if I am wrong about anything, heehee, point out, ok?), but, do remember that once, China was a very strong country, even if not the strongest, stretching to as far as Middle East and Europe, and back then, it was the foreigners who offered privileges to Chinese, not the other way round ...

    Q: so, what changed?

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    "China has not changed much since more than a century ago .."

    That's Hongkong, not mainland China.

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    Hahahahaha ... you are perhaps not in Hong Kong, nor even been to Hong Kong? Actually, Hong Kong has changed a lot since the mid 90's :)

    ... and by the way, welcome back, it's been a long time ...

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    Hongkong people are not change, just like you, to be proud be slaved by British!

    Am I right?

    The people in Mainland China changed their mind because of Chairman Mao and CCP! That's the basic difference.

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    Hahahahaha ... slaved? You obviously had never lived nor worked in Hong Kong ...

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    haha

    You are not 李嘉诚

    Who likes to live in such crowed place unless have salary more than 1 million RMB. What do you want to say?

    The water, electricity and other living material are all from Mainland China, why don't you think about this point?

    Because of the benefits you Hongkong people got from the isolation of Mainland China, so you like to be slaved?

    No dignity.

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    。。。

    Hahahahaha ... HK is not just about 李嘉诚, but, seriously, is that really how you see it? You bought his book too, right? I think, you have perhaps just proved something about yourself, anyway, while I am "digesting" whatever I ate for breakfast and sipping my coffee ...

    Who likes to live in such crowed place unless have salary more than 1 million RMB. What do you want to say?

    ... hahaha, honestly, I dont, which is why I left HK many years ago ... however, there are many who do, people who had lived overseas for many years but chose to go back, because they CAN make more than one million ... and pays less tax ...

    The water, electricity and other living material are all from Mainland China, why don't you think about this point?

    ... heehee, it's called supply and demand .. the mainland demanded the money, so we supplied ... no, seriously, it is called business ... and by the way, eletricity and water ARE NOT 100% provided by mainland, we just buy what we need ... and the material (as well as labor) in China is cheap, I see no reason why HK does not want to buy from mainland ...

    Because of the benefits you Hongkong people got from the isolation of Mainland China, so you like to be slaved?

    ... hahahaha ... "you Hong Kong people"? Not that you know little about HK, that just proves how know little you know about me ... FYI, I did not want to be ruled under China, so I "escaped" before 1997, but destiny had it that I had to come here with my wife, and now I am slaved to her ... heehee ...

    ...

    Your tactic is really not that bad, trying to re-focus this thread from "how the majority of mainland Chinese feared foreigners" onto "getting one single individual to defend tiny little Hong Kong", however, you chose the wrong person ... though I was born in Hong Kong, I have always been quite neutral about it except when it comes to how badly has it been dealt by mainland since 1997 ...

    Therefore, you arent gonna get much satisfaction out of this ...

    ... and about dignity ...

    Have you read much of the news lately? Nearly all fast food joints in China are using additives, and many lied about it ... charity (Red Cross) is all but a scam ... many of the government bodies are using "public money" for their private leisure ... where is the dignity of these people when they decided to rip people off? and where is their dignity when individuals needed their help?

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    Don't need to write so long, if I were you, I would never come to China.

    So no matter what you argue, the face is that you came back to China, why?

    I even don't need to read your argument, because what you said is totally inconsistent with  what you did.

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    Hahahahaha ... you are correct, I would not have if I was a single individual, but it was either that or eventually a divorce, which would be worse than living in China ...

    So, you have not really read what I said? Hahahaha ... you need more patience ... and you have no more interesting comments to make? Such a terrible shame ...

    PS. you tried to angle it at an individual or personal level, which were all but sweetly ignorant, and I just replied with facts (or mostly facts), which is of course not about what I did ...

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    I say it again, if I were you, I even didn't marry a Chinese woman!

    I have no interests in Bananas, if you don't know Bananas, you can eat one today.

  • くり
    くり wrote:

    hahhahahah dudu

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    Hahahahaha ... like I had told many, I did not plan to marry ... it just happened ...

    ... though we chatted before, you sounded "fresh" ... "personal insults" dont work too well on me, heehee ... you need more patience to play this ...

  • くり
    くり wrote:

    Im nicely surprised!

    good dd uncle, eventually a tread in which you wrote some interesting shit....eiether u got 崇洋媚外 or some nationalistic morons..jesus..

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    No one insults you, you insults yourself:

    人贱必被贱之

    My ancestor already said so.

    I just wish all my countryman understand this simple reason.

    They should know, if they stay in foreign countries, seldom foreigns are kind to Chinese ( I am talking Chinese citizens, not Chinese related people like you).

    Foreigners are not special, most of them in China are not so decent people, so that's the facts.

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    。。。

    Hahahaha ... ANIKI ... you must have been bored out of your panties all these times ...

    And "Chinese related people"? you are really sweet ...

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    Spend more money?

    Almost most living expenses in Europe are expensive than those in China.

  • くり
    くり wrote:

    dd

    seems you are incapable to accept a compliment when you see one,and by the way,you are going OT,hahahah

    thats chinese-wife effect?

  • くり
    くり wrote:

    dudu

    What you said is just generalized bullshit by someone who obviously never went outside。。。

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    Hahahahaha ... ANIKI ... a compliment from you, is more deadly than an H-bomb :)

  • くり
    くり wrote:

    and some have desire for asian culture, so whats the point?and what is the point to call everychinese woman who got a white bf a whore?i start to feel pity for mainlanders...

  • Simen Wangberg

    "The people in Mainland China starved to death and murdered their own parents because of Chairman Mao and CCP! That's the basic difference."

    Edited for accuracy. I'll bill you later.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    Uncle, I think you might have stepped in some doo-doo. P.U.!

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    Hahahahahaha ... Dando, seriously, for one very brief minute, I thought I was talking to a different DuDu ... the same ID one year ago, was a very calm and peaceful person, and I had wondered what happened since we last chatted ...

    Lee ... She might in fact be a "he" who might in fact be a "she" who might in fact be a "he" ... 你懂的!

    Godfather ... heehee ... the only kind of oral fight between me and Moon would be over a hot pot ...

  • WeLiveInBeijingRess

    i thought u guys were proud of that, how come every time when i am in WDK, the white guys are like " i don't need to pay the cover" with giggling, they r hypocritical or u guys r?

  • WeLiveInBeijingRess

    yeah, true, they r treated better by waiters, but chinese ppl r not very nice to waiters, i guess this is our own problem

  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:

    We have the advantage of never knowing if we'll be able to stay here for the coming 6 months to one year because of visa policies.

    We have the advantage that many people will up their price when they sell to foreigners.

    We have the advantage that when we want a job we'll be told "yeah but it's too painful to do the visa for you"

    We have the advantage that when we want to start a business it can never actually belong to us.

    We have the advantage of being told that we'd better go back to our country cause we have nothing to do here on a more or less regular basis.

    Oh and yeah ... we don't pay entrance fee in ppg. Not something I agree with though.

  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:

    By the way the day your friend has an accident with his side-car he'll realize he had no rights to drive it. Big time!

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    (continued) ... different foreigners, different issues ... I know that as a fact, some of the things that Saibo mentioned dont apply to everyone, esp with the two points about visa, although I had experienced it when I was a foreigner in Australia ...

  • Mya In
    Mya In wrote:

    wow...

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    (continued) it wont ...

  • 哥们
    哥们 wrote:

    foreigners ain't locals; in every country. that might bring privileges or not. in every country. PPG and sidecars might not be the privileges foreigners are hoping to have before coming to China or using in China (haven't seen the 500'000 foreigners living in Beijing parking their sidecars in front of PPG yet). but fair enough...might be a privilege nobody is using.

  • Krister Thonerud

    Lao lee, couldn't agree with you more.  I've been traveling in somewhat remote places, been turned down accommodation at normal, nearly completely vacant hotels and directed to super expensive ones.  After refusing to pay 600RMB/night in some podunk town for a room in a hotel still under construction, after they wouldn't negotiate I just stayed in the lobby out of spite.  They called the police, we all talked about it for a while, and I just stuck to my guns and told them to fuck-off.  I slept like a baby on a sofa in the lobby.

    在国外这样的事情不会发生。中国政府是说是为了我们外国人的安全,可是就是为了多转我们的钱。

  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:

    Ah the cheap accomodation... There's is both an explanation AND a solution to this issue!

    Whenever a foreigner stays somewhere in China, the police has to know about it (you need to register where you live). Cheap hotels do not have the system that would allow them to register you directly. Therefore they will tell you that you can't stay here. ( Note that some don't have the system and just don't give a shit ). They will also not go through the trouble of sending someone to the police with a copy of your passport to register for you, but if you have the time (took us a long time that time we did it), you can do it.

  • Krister Thonerud

    sleeping on the couch ... completely by choice.  I offered to go to the police station but they weren't interested.

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    。。。

    Hahahahaha ... accomodation? I have one bout tour package ...

    It was probably 2009? We had picked this 3-day tour package to Xi'an, and when we were about to pay our money and hand in our ID, the manager stopped us ... apparently, that was only a 3-star package, not suitable for "foreign guests", who should go with the 5-star ones ... my wife was not happy ... heehee ...

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    Hahahahaha ... Tristan ... it is more about "why am I treated different", or "why are certain people being discriminated“ ... this is, after all, not a world of equality :)

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    @Lao Lee, It's got to be the worst attempt at Search Engine Optimization I've ever seen. I guess she wants to enhance her site's search ranking for the phrase "perverts".

  • WeLiveInBeijingRess

    damn, i feel sheepish, can i delete this forum? :(

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    Hahahahaha ... Mimi ... sheepish? You mean this thread, not the forum, right?

    You can ask the admin to take it out  ... or go to WDK, draw a China flag outside PPG, then dance naked around the flag, and make sure it is five circles, no more, no less, then you will summon a not so well known demon codenamed “moderator" who will remove this :)

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    The whole forum? No more than I can delete you.

    咩.

  • Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

    based upon my observation, good-looking foreigners have an outstanding privilege, easy to get girls' eyes on them n get their lies sold out. well, this happens to almost all good-looking ppl

  • Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

    lao lee this is the only one i can think of~nowdays everyone is uneasy

  • Simen Wangberg

    For real? I got screamed at recently cos I wasn't quick enough on the draw with my yikatong, the lady thought I was trying to scam a free ride. Seriously, I'm beginning to think that my resemblance to 新疆人 has been getting me in trouble. People have been meaner than usual to me lately. Goddamn riots ruin everything!

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    Hahahaha ... it's not a "privilege" ... it is only that, they dont know how to say it in English ... if it were me, I would have said "hey, you', piss off" ... off to lunch now ;)

  • Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

    laolee, just forget everything u ever said, like many men here, that will do

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.

Powered by: Bloc