Discussion » Current Events » London riots ?!!伦敦大暴乱?

  • 滴/Amber
    滴/Amber wrote:

    IS THAT TRUE?

    WHY?

     

    LONDON IS BURNING

    FOG

    FIGHT

    OH MY

  • Mya In
    Mya In wrote:

    xxxxx...

     

  • SaSa♣Yi
    SaSa♣Yi wrote:

    also in Birmingham and Liverpool!!!

  • 滴/Amber
    滴/Amber wrote:

    Beijing is raining.London is burning.

    welcome to 1984.

  • 滴/Amber
    滴/Amber wrote:

    @Pete. please tell me more details~thanks.

  • 滴/Amber
    滴/Amber wrote:

    who are "they"

  • SaSa♣Yi
    SaSa♣Yi wrote:
    Aaron U alrite?! u coming back soon..take care then!
  • N-Die 北京的法国人

    Starting from an demonstration of normal citizen, some homiez coming, waiting for an excuse to burn the city, steal from honest people and to show they are out of governement control....

    It's like that in france, is it the same in England ?

  • Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

    well back to 1984    the rules are all change and the air is different, have to .............

  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

    I'd like to see a few dead bodies of looters lining the streets, personally. 

  • 滴/Amber
    滴/Amber wrote:

    BAD BAD DANIEL.

  • 滴/Amber
    滴/Amber wrote:

    I still don't  figure out the main reason.

  • 滴/Amber
    滴/Amber wrote:

    @She

    all i know is the so called "globalism"is nothing but another lie which may be the evilest ever.

    one government?yes u r right.really dangerous.

    let's see

    @Scott

    why they killed him?

  • WeLiveInBeijingRess

    @Scott - shame, i don't even know we got those things happen here, i assume it does happen, it's just that i don't know :(

  • 滴/Amber
    滴/Amber wrote:

    @Scott

    the systerm is nothing but evil.so i understand those policemen.

    however.it can not help them with their guilt.

    @Amjad

    absolutely right!

    wake up from dreams.

    fight for kindness .love .and peace.

  • Saint - Spartacus

    ah ha , a riot movement in europe ? after span london , what the next

  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:

    Yeh it is true. It is everywhere, lootings, building set on fire, cars set on fire. Pretty crazy in England right now!

  • Joakim Lund Rangel

    Economy going down, Anti-islamic-internet terrorisme and riots. From this side of the world Europe looks like a sinking Atlantis.

  • Joakim Lund Rangel

    Dude, Scott. Did you watch this video? I don`t think you have, cause I trust that you would see that this interview is at best retarded. This guy should be included in the next south park episode :)

  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:

    London is not fine right now, cars are constantly being set on fire, there are 16,000 police officers on the streets in London. The thing is riots are not just in London they have spread and are taking place in every city and town!!

  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

    oh yeah!!! fucking lower class!!! after all these centuries they havent still learnt how to be polite and civilized, stay quiet and in silent, when they are fucked by their own goverments....seems that is a good moment to change some rights in order to gain more security in the streets.. or maybe time to follow the factories and companies (i.e.the money) in their exodus to china, brazil.... and become a happy+zhuangbi expat, talking like a xiao pihai from the exile, huh?

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    Where are human rights for those people?

    British police uses violence to crack down ordinary people.

    I think western government should behave well to protect minority.

     

    Give them job, give them human rights and dignity!

    Fuck fake western media and western hypocrisy!

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    It is not riots, it is revolution against racism and discrimination from so-called main stream society!

    When there is real riots supported by western and western countries in Arabic countries, but they said those riots were revolution,  now, the same thing happened in British, and may be to other countries later, but they say these revolutions are riots?

    Bald-faced double standard!

    Shame on you and your countries!

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken
    • This news caster is a blatent racist she already gave another black rights activist a hard time live on tv yesterday. People like her are incapable of giving an objective opinion..

      77Leane 12 hours ago 11 
    • @vaasboot stupidest cow alive.

      westwaytv 1 day ago 

      ===========================

      When they can access youtube, and then above is their comment, ewstern media are a joke, just remind Murdoch weeks ago, that's the truth.
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

    I'm sorry to be blunt, but some of the posts on here are simply stupid. 

    UK riots and Arabic protests are not analagous: people in the Arab world protested against regimes that sent armed men and vehicles into cities to root out those that criticised the government. People in the UK are upset they haven't got a Wii and that they can't buy a flat screen TV on the money they get from the government for being unemployed. 

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    haha

    whatever happened in your western countries are different from other non-western countries, that's your standard, right?

    Don't be naive, in UK, you are also some small potato, and what the video talking is about black leaders talking about the bad regimes from your whites!

    Fuck fake western media and western hypocrisy!

    I have to say this again!

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    http://news.ifeng.com/photo/hdnews/detail_2011_08/09/8261518_0.shtml

    Just look at these pictures, and then you will know those so-called mobs are all kinds of races, not only blacks, but also whites, but here some of you only blamed those blacks, what's your standard?

    Compare with the real riots and terrorism in Xinjiang and Xizang, your people and government shamelessly denounced Chinese and Chinese government.

    Those blacks are victims of discrimination and racism in your country, but you never acknowledge!

     

    Also the killing occured in Norway, according to the criteria to Nobel Peace Committee, Anders should be awarded Nobel Peace Prize!

    Shame on you!

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    And now they are denouncing social networks should be responsible for the revolution in UK, but they forgot they denounced Chinese government blocked some social networks.

    What a big joke!

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    I am watching Youtube, British polices are cracking ordinary minorities.

    British government is planning to send arms to kill those people!

    I wish you pay attention to human rights of those innocent minorities.

  • 滴/Amber
    滴/Amber wrote:

    @ DUDU

    i'm sorry i didn't realize the diffrence bettween "riots" and "revolution".

    because after all my mother language is Chinese

     

  • 滴/Amber
    滴/Amber wrote:

    @Scott

    Peace is what China all about?

    i've been offended.

    to be honest.the whole world is on the same boat.

    fight.or die. 

     
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    Is now a good time to talk about austerity measures?

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    I know that feel, bro. Teabaggery is at least as obnoxious. It's like how European resistance to Islamic fundamentalism is motivated by a need to defend secular social institutions, yet in 'Murrika we just hate the Muzzies because they aren't Christian. Even the racism and prejudice in Europe has more wholesome motivation.

    Still, this shit sucks. I guess bloody riots with clearly noble political aims are too much to hope for in post-industrial societies.

  • Simen Wangberg

    "And now they are denouncing social networks should be responsible for the revolution in UK, but they forgot they denounced Chinese government blocked some social networks."

    The social networks weren't "denounced", they were just reported as being used by the rioters to coordinate attacks. The networks haven't been blocked and probably never will be - at least, not in Western countries. Since they value freedom of thought and expression and all that "dangerous" stuff.

    给你五毛

  • Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:

    Hey not sure if you can access this site there, but it's a good article on the whole thing: http://pennyred.blogspot.com/2011/08/panic-on-streets-of-london.html

  • Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

    the world goes crazy and crazier,what will happen next?

  • Mya In
    Mya In wrote:

    damn.. i'm going there soon..

  • Tahjay
    Tahjay wrote:

    To quote Gerald Celente of the trends journal, "when the people who have nothing left to lose lose everything, they lose it!"  or "when the money stops flowing to the man on the street, the blood starts flowing in the streets."  This is just the beginning of a structural adjustment of the standards of living in so called "rich nations" and the people have no idea how to cope with it.  The next place you will start to see these things happen is probably America where the problems are the same, but at a much larger scale because of the amounts of public and private debt induced investment and consumption.  The free lunch days are over, and the people need to stop depending on the gov't to take care of them.   

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    I'm from the UK and I'm here right now, but I don't really know what to make of this. It's insane. I could never have imagined something like this happening here. On the one hand, stuff has been a long time coming.Things have been shit for a long time coming, especially for the working class. Pay more taxes, receive less help. Schools have been closing, hospitals have been closing, libraries and youth centres have been closing, jobs and all kinds of oppertunities are dissappearing. To be honest, I think everyone had expected more to go down already, but nobody expected anything of this magnitude and it spreading so far.

    On the other hand though, here's something my friend heard to day at work when two 15 year olds with bandana's over their faces walked in: "I can't wait till we get to loot this place."

    So yeah... I don't know what to think. I guess this is just the magical combination of materialisim meeting social unrest

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    haha

    what a joke when I read your message, whatever happened in your western countries are different from other countries, what a perfect double standard!

    You white, please be honest that almost all of you are racist!!

    What happened in this world proved this fact many times, why you throw bombs to other countries using the name of democracy and freedom?

    I have to say: Fuck fake western media and western hypocrisy!

    By the way, all of you are so weak to defend your country and culture, because we all saw the facts! You can't change the facts, though you used media distorted many facts before, but now we all know!

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    haha

    what are the facts?

    Racism, discrimination and other unequal treatments are the sources of the so-called riots. Actually, it is kind of civil movement, though not as you regarded.

    Don't always use questions, you have your eyes.

    Today you hate blacks and Muslins, but tomorrow you will hate all non-whites, that's your tradition and culture.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    "To compare this to the situation in Xinjiang probably goes to show how little you know about the situation in Xinjiang."

    How stupid you are, when those Uighur killed non-uighur, your people and media applauded and said they are killing for freedom.

    Now I use the same logic as you had, why don't you be consistent?

    You and your government supported terrorism in other countries and caused war killing innocent people in other countries, what a simple fact.

    Why don't you confess?

    Don't tell me what happened in your country is different from other country, you are fake and silly.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    Scott,

     

    Sorry, I have to let all people in China know the real facts in western countries.

    Because most stupid Chinese are still dreaming about western countries.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    Don't defend your western society, let's see what will happen in 10 years.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    I am not reply you, I am reply that guy who made the comparison.

    If you are not the same as them, you should know what you should do.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    haha, Economist is offending Chinese and Chinese government almost veeryday, why don't you say something?

    Don't diverge the topics, Racism, discrimination and other unequal treatments are the sources of the so-called riots.

    These are the true facts, not others.

    Don't lie again.

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

     愤青 = 粪青

    This thread shouldn't be about China, it should be about the fucking mess that is the UK right now. Also, racisim definitely is part of what sparked this off, nobody is denying that. What people are arguing against is that all westerners are racist, because that's just horse shit. No blanket statements or generalisations ever hold truth. You could talk about demographics of countries having tendancies towards certain beliefs and then it would hold more weight, but let's face it: you don't really know what you are talking about so you can't make a good argument. Go do some reasearch and come back and we might be able to have an actual discussion,

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    when you can't defend your country and the real facts, and then you label others, that's normal way you can use.

    We are not stupid, just remind you what happened in the past few years, what your media reported about China, actually even today, they still biased against any non-western countries.

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    Chinese media is pretty horrifically biased too, in fact all media in every country is terribly biased. Deal with it. Don't assume it's some big conspiracy, it's people trying to sell more paper's and ad time on tv by getting people tuned in to listen about the "foreign menace". It's not the large scale plot to defame your people that you think it is.

    Also, what am I doing? This is totally off topic. How about we get back to discussing the riots?

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    haha

    Chinese media are more subjective than your western media.

    Don't use those tricks, why not be honest, you and your country are always using double standard!

    Now, you are so weak to defend yourself, other thing is that Noble Peace Prize should be given to Anders, if the western standard is consistent.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    At least, Chinese media seldom demonize any other countries, if you don't acknowledge, it only shows your rooted bias and shallow culture.

    Read some reports on Economist, any reports about China are purposely written, that's your method and way.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    Why should we allow immigrants?

    Did China collonize those countries or black people?

    Why do you talk anything but didn't think about the historical reasons?

    You are paying back what you owned to those peope hundreds years ago.

    This also shows you are ignorant.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    Why did your government allow immigrants?

    Because they need some cheap labor, that's all.

    Don't tell me some other decent reasons.

    China is not such country, we didn't colonize other countries and we have enough cheap labor (just remember that several years ago, you'are talking about China can't support its population, balabla like this),.


    Don't be ignorant and double standard!

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    I thought that the nobel should have been given to him, actually a lot of people did. He was considered by most people to be almost certain to recieve it. It was probably US pressure that prevented it. The nobel peace prize isn't exactly some grand barometer of western thought. For one, most people have no idea who gets what prize or even pays attention, for another most of the people who paid attention had never, ever, ever heard of that certain chinese man who received it. 

    Also, the idea that state controlled media is less biased is... interesting. I'm not saying that Chinese media is more or less biased. I am only saying that it is biased. I also never said western media wasn't, I actually said it was. What are you arguing about? You seem to guess that because I am Western I have to be disagreeing with you, but then when I agree with you you still argue like I never agreed.

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    Yeah, western countries allowed immigration for cheap labour. Nobody is denying that. Anybody who does is an idiot. You also can't deny that millions of Chinese people swarmed to provide that cheap labour

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    Scott, quite strange, that Monk was brought out of China by CIA, which is only simple historical fact, are you ignorant as normal western people?

     

    Go back to this topics, you have to be honest:

    Racism, discrimination and other unequal treatments are the sources of the so-called riots.

    These are the true facts, not others.

    So your people and government have to do something to change these kind of situations to prove that you are qualified to talk about human rights, democracy and freedom, otherwise, just shut up. 

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    haha

    when it is about bias, then you will not mention the extent of bias, that't usual way your western people do.

    Just like eating dog, which is the same as beef, why don't you eat beef, they are all meat and no difference.

    So Don't be ignorant and double standard!

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken
  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    Scott,

     

    By the way, US forced other countries to accept unequal world social system using its military power, so don't be so naive.

    Why 5% population in US consumed more than 20% resources on earth?

    Give me a reasonable explanation.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    haha

    you are naive, don't use those small tricks, which only show you are weak to defend what you want to defend.

    I just wish my country become rich and more civilized, we don't care about you or your people, we have our own history. culture and tradition, we don't invade other countries, but just please ask other people and countries to respect China and our people, because I deeply feel that in most countries, their government educate their people be hostile to Chinese either because of ideological reasons or economical reasons, and the key point is that Chines is too soft, not like US and Russia, who use forces to solve some problems, because most people in this world fear forces and violence, but not merits, China gives too much merits to other countries and people, China should change.

    back to the topics, it is still:

    Racism, discrimination and other unequal treatments are the sources of the so-called riots.

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    Racisim started the event that lead to the riots, but it's not what is keeping them going. No way. It's all white kids rioting for a start.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    haha

    you discriminate Black and other minorities, now it is time to pay back.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    haha

    Don't be lying.

    You only care about that China does not use more resources and energy.

    You are some grass-root whites or foreigner, you are not those who control your country, please be realistic and honest.

    If you don't know what Obama said, just google what he said when he visited Australia, we Chinese work hard, we don't rob, but even so, we are still fell hostile from other people and countries, the reason I told you is that China it too soft, China should learn from US and Russia, beat those garbage country and then they will respect our country and people.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/aug/09/uk-riots-iran-condemns-police

    applaud to Iran, we should concern about the human rights of those black and minorities, and prevent the persecution from the British government, and according to its standard, UK should let those troubled area be independent!

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    What does Obama talking about Chinese people have to do with the riots in London? I don't understand?

    Also, it's not me who discriminates, it's the police. That's the problem. It's the people in the police force being racist scum. Also, millions of people in the UK condemn the police too. I agree with Iran, and I'm British. They exercise the most rediculous double standards and they have for centuries. Just look at the kettling during the student protests. It was bullshit, they have no right to make public statements against how other countries use their police forces during unrest considering how they use theirs.

    The government and the police are not the same thing as the people or the nation. I hate the government and the police because I think they are doing the wrong thing.

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    @ Zander

    I think racisim played a major part of it. The police shooting that happened right at the start occured in an area where black kids are stopped repeatedly just for being black:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biJgILxGK0o
    That's also not some random guy from the streets, that's Darcus Howe talking.

    I also think that if it was a white gangster then no, the riots wouldn't have happened because the protests that lead to the riots would never have happened. Though, considering that the guy (while he DID have a gun) never pulled out his weapon and never shot at police (the independent investigation was finished recently and this was their findings) but was killed anyway: would that have happened if he wasn't black? Possibly, I'm not saying no. I think the chances were highly increased by his ethnicity though.

    I also agree that it is no longer about racisim. It's not even political in the slightest. It's bored youths without a hope or future going wild and being oppertunistic. This is the result of major social problems though, and that is something political.

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    Can't we all agree that we are all hypercrites, all media is biased, no country is perfect and we all promise to be good people from now on :-)

    Yes.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    " It was bullshit, they have no right to make public statements against how other countries "

    Quite nice, you should give this lesson to your government, don't behave as judge and preach other countries, that's what I want to say.

    Finally, you can feel how ugly some western countries are, haha

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    Don't label other, just look at your own country and your own people.

    I have Canadian, Turkish and other racial friends.

    Sorry let you down.

    I just want to show how hypocrite you and your country, really sorry, because I believe one standard, but you or most of you are double standard.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    No matter what you say, haha, the facts are UK is a failed country, so let's curse this country and wish UK fail all the time!

    Sorry to say so, but when I read those biased articles on Economist, and then the only idea is that why this country always preach other countries, especially to China? Why? This country is the most vicious one in human history!

    I just want you to know this point.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    haha

    Quite interesting, if anyone has different ideas, then you will label others, why don't you reflect yourself?

    Why don't you reflect British education, it educated these "mobs", right?

    What you said shows your true face, you are racist and biased.

    If you defend UK, why don't you label yourself?

    You label those black as mobs, Muslin as terrorists, and other people as other labels, haha

    Shame on you.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    Always say others are brainwashed, why don't you are brainwashed?

    I am not person who has never been to foreign countries.

    How fake and hypocrite you are.

  • Amalie Sæverud

    Hi, Dudu,  none of what you have said is relevant to the topic!

    And none of what I will say will be relevant to the topic! But I will say it!

    The problem is not Chinese government so soft! Or other courntries have hostility against Chinese.

    The problem is Chinese government and whatever national owned organization or corporations are one country. And all the other Chinese ordinary people local or abroad are not included in that! The meaning of all the ordinary Chinese people for this country is legally slavery!  Chinese government is not soft, it just don't care much what happened to ordinary Chinese people! We and Chinese Government is not on the same page. To see if Chinese government is soft or not, just see if any country dare to support multi-party coalition government publicly and strongly!

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    B, I have to say you are real SB, who is some stupid pighead know nothing about foreign countries.

    The "riot" in London was caused by racism, unequal treatment and other racial problems in UK, why don't you confess?

    If what I said is not relevant, why do you talk so many nonsense.

    Racism, discrimination and other unequal treatments are the sources of the so-called riots.

  • Mari Vidste
    Mari Vidste wrote:

    @Scott,

    Educated people try to help others and make the world a better place.

    I lol'd.

  • Amalie Sæverud

    thanks none- SB!

    Just one question, if the other country is so racism and discriminate and unequal treatment, why you go anyway! Just stay in great China, and enjoy the none racism , nor discriminated, and equal rat life here!

    My talk is not relevant indeed, it's only response to yours nonsense, if Chinese government is stronger, then bla bla bla, the other country won't take you hostility.  That's totally nonsense! There are hostility towards other people too, you feel insecured , because you lack of confidence, you know your country won't save your yellow ass when you get into any trouble! And you are so insecured and edgy now and lost control, because you know what I said is right!

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    haha

    The question is quite easy to understand, it is a global world and I want to know other countries and people, so what?

    OS why are you in China, if you don't like, you can leave, even person like me who loves my country so much going out to see the world, why don't you leave?

    You have more reason to leave China.

    As for other things, I have no interest, I just showed :

    Racism, discrimination and other unequal treatments are the sources of the so-called riots.

    There are foreigners doing research about China, and there is also me who wants to do research about foreign countries, I talked with Muslin and Blacks to know their thinking, and the real reason of the so-called "riots" are Racism, discrimination and other unequal treatments !!!!!!!!!!!

    That's all!

    Bye, I will go out to meet more people.

  • Mari Vidste
    Mari Vidste wrote:

    Jeez! Why the paranoid assumption of antagonism, Scottie? You mean...you weren't joking?

  • Li Lai
    Li Lai wrote:

    its mainly the kids, either Cameron et el stop this asap or I'm hoping my uni gets a delayed start in september :D

  • 滴/Amber
    滴/Amber wrote:

    =.= OMG what happened here.another riot?

  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

    Don´t worry guys! David Cameron has already found the solution, more education...
    Seems that some people don´t realize that education didn't save Germany from the paws of fascism in the past, neither educated europeans were less bastards during the colonialism S.XIX.... 

  • Li Lai
    Li Lai wrote:

    haha Cameron is triplling uni fees in coming years lol WHY NOT

  • Mari Vidste
    Mari Vidste wrote:

    Glad you counted the posts, Scott. That's important work. And no, Adolfo was not making a point about "nazis." What he is saying is that tying 'education' to 'morality' is an old cliche, one that politicians use because it sounds good and (understandably) no one wants to question it.

    His point is: education does not make people into community-minded altruists. If anything, it makes people more morally lost and self-involved.

  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

    who mentioned Nazis?? :O

  • Jill Wong
    Jill Wong wrote:

    Hippy save the queen~

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    Some genetically Chinese (or some Chinese citizen) think that they are different from those blacks, actually, in the real world, you are the most discriminated group comparing with the blacks and Indians in the western world, you don'e have too much opportunity.

    It is stupid to think blacks are stupid, they know what they are doing, and they are victims of those white world, they are destroyed by the whites!

  • Rockgu
    Rockgu wrote:

    Come on, everything goes well.

    At 17.55hrs on Wednesday 10 August 

    The Metropolitan Police Service has now arrested a total of 805 people in connection with violence, disorder and looting.

    So far 251 people have been charged 

     

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    Doo-doo's trollbait is most unappetizing.

    ...

    Seems to me that folks making generalizations about the reasons for the rioting are most certainly talking out of their asses. The mobs seem to be quite heterogeneous with respect to age, gender, and ethnicity. It's hard to say they're all poor just based on the neighborhoods being targeted, since they are being spontaneously orchestrated by flash mobs, and people could be coming from anywhere to take part in the vandalism.

    All we can really say is THEY MAD.

  • Rockgu
    Rockgu wrote:

    17.45hrs on Monday 8 August

    A total of 215 arrests have been made since the beginning of Operation Withern.This figure includes 62 arrests made overnight 6/7 August and 153 overnight 7/8 August and throughout the morning of 8 August.  

    Of those arrested, the youngest known recorded age is an 11-year-old male - who has since been charged with burglary. The oldest person arrested is a 46-year-old man. He was arrested for burglary and has been bailed. 

    Of those arrested - for whom dates of birth have been provided - two were born in the 1960s, six in the 1970s, 49 in the 1980s and 98 in the 1990s. 

    They are kids, not interested in chinese people are rich or not. 

  • Rockgu
    Rockgu wrote:

    Absolutely. The only we can say is THEY MAD. 

  • Simen Wangberg

    The more I learn about the world, the less I want to help the people in it. Everyone can collectively fuck themselves.

    :-D

    Let's get cheerful on a Thursday morning.

    And yeah, the riots are made up of a variety of people from a variety of backgrounds, using a variety of methods to beat the crap out of each other and steal shit. Cos they can. No laws. Just people doing what people do: fucking each other up and stealing shit.

    Humans are so neat!

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    OK, the JOKE starts to show how RACIST some of you are:

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2025068/UK-riots-Middle-class-rioters-revealed-including-Laura-Johnson-Natasha-Reid-Stefan-Hoyle.html

     

    Yet shockingly, among those in the dock accused of looting are a millionaire's grammar school daughter, a ballet student and an organic chef. 

    A law student, university graduate, a musician and an opera steward also said to have taken part.

    They are just some of the youngsters from comfortable middle-class backgrounds who have been charged with criminality.

    You racist claimed that the riots and those looters are mainly black!

    But now the facts are what you don;t want to know!

    So shut up and be honest, you racist!

    The only thing can say is you are MAD, that's true, YOU ARE MAD and use stereotyped accusation against BLACK, you racist!

    Shame on you!

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken
  • Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:

    sigh, what a sick world. The dark side of humanity. I don't think it's a lack of education, on the contrary, we have too much education that turns us into tools, material slaves. Too many -ists work on papers. The world needs honest communication between people and nations. 

    I see no difference between the looters and fenqings: the fomer let out hatred with violence, the latter spread hatred with words.

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    What? I mentioned about 5 times that the looters and rioters were mainly white, working-class kids.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    “Certainly not about the London riots and he doesn't understand them at all.”

    haha, quite interesting, i still remembered that terrorist riots occurred in Xinjiang, Xizang and the torch relay, what kind of performance you guy acted. Did you understand what happened in those places and then preached Chinese and Chinese government as you are judge, now, you say that others don't understand, what a joke!

    I just want to remind you what happened in the past.

    What are racists? They are people always using double standard!

  • Simen Wangberg

    五毛党回来了

    On a more amusing note, check out photoshoplooter. Love it so much. I mean, too soon? But...no, it's still funny.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    I don't know what kind label you will give to those western journalists or Indian politicians who always demonize China.

    If you have time, you can just read Economist, you will understand how shameful your media is, don't let me repeat that western media lose all their credit after 2008 in China because of their shameless distortion about the terrorist activities happened in Xinjiang, Xizang and Torch relay.

    I have to say I feel so excited to see the revolution in U.K.

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    Don't get too excited. It's not really a revolution. It's already finished. Most of the public were very much against the riots too. Lots of the public are also anti-Tory though, me included.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    haha

    I have to say this is just beginning, lots of riots will happen in the future.

    It is a revolution which destroyed UK's so-called moral superiority, so this country can shut up and stop preaching other countries and people using human rights and democracy!

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    Seriously, as someone from the UK and who is in it right now: much as there is a lot of discontent, the riots came as a major surprise and they are really, really unlikely to repeat themselves.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    haha

    Before this revolution, did anyone expect any revolutions?

    Now it happened and it will happen again beyond your expectation.

  • Checkered
    Checkered wrote:

    I'm in UK.

    Normal people don't want this anymore, they're going to do things to prevent this from happening again.

    Don't ask me how, I'm not a UK citizen and know little about politics and such.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    I don't need to ask you, you are not somebody knows something about that country, and most Chinese students in UK are trash and most of them even can't speak fluent English, not mention to really know that country.

    No one like violence, but it does not mean it will not happen because you don't like, it is very simple logic.

    Just read this article and use your brain!

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2024943/UK-RIOTS-David-Camerons-tough-sentences-Yobs-treated-THEYRE-victims.html

    I am sure this revolution is just beginning, there are lots in the future, so congratulations, British, there are lots good things waiting for you and your country! 

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    Let the fire in the UK burn harder and stronger!

  • Checkered
    Checkered wrote:

    Can't be fussed to read anything recommended by a nitwit like you, who is nothing but a darn media slave and homicidal maniac.

    Piece of advice since you generously made my day: use your brain if you had one, go to whoever feeds you for shelter if you had not because the world's too bloody dangerous for the brainless.

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    DuDu, if you knew anything about the UK you would know that the Daily Mail is the least respectable newspaper that you could ahve chosen. I also don't get how it illustrates your point. Please explain how that article is evidence that there will be a revolution in the UK? Also please provide more evidence that there will be, because right now in Britain I don't see any.

  • Simen Wangberg

    Hey Doody. So you seem like you're almost sort of a bright guy. Kinda. I mean, you know words and stuff. So check out these words: if a single riot is an indicator of a revolution, then China should've completely transformed ages ago. I'm not talking about 1979, I mean some seriously new and different shit.

    Why? Because there are riots in China, oh, I don't know...every fucking day. In villages and towns all over the country. Sometimes there's even big ones, like what we saw in Dalian last weekend. I'm sure you know that.

    So what's the deal, man? You know, a lot of these riots are spawned by discontent. People who are just so pissed off at the way that their local governments have treated them that they've decided to try and take things into their own hands, even if it means they'll be thrown in jail or beaten to death or however they end up handling these things.

    Which is completely different from what's been going on in the UK - that's just shameless looting. We've already covered that. What I wanna know is - how can you continue to defend a government that is so clearly working against the interests of its people?

    I'm not trying to defend my own government - the United States government and the EU have made some major fuck-ups in recent years. Some of us came to China for a reason.

    But it's just like...you know, there's a lot of you guys. Young, educated, pissed-off Chinese who could actually make some kind of effort to try and turn things around here. But then there's you, so eager to dig up some kind of dirt on foreign governments, no matter how irrelevant or insigificant it might be.

    Not that you can't do that - you certainly should - but perhaps you should turn that intense focus toward your own government. After all, what's happening in the UK and the United States doesn't have much to do with you - but the laws and regulations that your government passed back in March certainly do.

    U MAD. But why U not MAD at the Chinese government? It would only be fair. The very things you're accusing foreign governments of perpetrating - well, your own government has been doing the same things in China for decades. I know you know that - don't you?

    Of course you do. I'm just saying - be an equal-opportunity hater. Your bias makes it impossible for anyone - Chinese or foreign - to take you seriously.

  • High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

    Lodon riot is a wake up call to the British Governement along with more of their allies to turn things around from the way they often do. British government have been too busy getting involved into other countries Biz, spending too much into wars while life of common citizen keeps on deteriorating in their on soil. London is one of the most expensive cities around and yet, there's nt more job creation for young people. Therefore, the time has come up for this government to focus on improving the welfare of its people than burning money in Afghanistan and Lybia where there's nothing that belong to them, don't increasing students fees which these young people can't afford to pay for their education.

    Things escalleted, from peaceful demonstration to riot. It's because the police didn't handle the situation properly. That led these young people to vent their frustration, this is not done yet, more might come if really there is not good measure to please discont mass of young people. Was it last year they did the same thing when the school fees were increased? And as things are getting worse, we might see more of these riots.

    Cameron seems to have suggested that people involved in riot and found guilty could be banned for life from using social network...hmmm, is he abiding with the Chinese State that ban these stuff?:) 

    High Priest

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken
    haha

    Don't you think your defend is so weak and powerless?

    I just suggest you to read all so-called British main-stream media like Economist, Financial Times and BBC, if you are not biased, you will feel how objective I am compared to your people and your propaganda.

    I don't need to argue with you guys, I just need to say:
    The fact is that there was such big revolution in UK and there will be more in the future, let's wait and see.

    I will always use your perspective and logic to explain what happened in your country, haha

    Up to now, UK is a failed country without human rights and non-democratic country, police in your country use brutal forces to crack down those peaceful demonstration, and resulted in at least 5 deaths and hundreds of injuries. All these words are copied from Economist, if you are not satisfied, you can read how Economist describe those countries with "riot".

    I still feel happy to see the revolution in UK because it means those poor people are wakening and they want to be equally treated .

    Why can't you use the same logic to describe what happened in your country?
    But you always ask other countries and people to comply with you ideology and values?
  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    The Economist is an American magazine. Not British. Also, it is not a fact that there was a big revolution here: BECAUSE THERE WASN'T. Everything is pretty much back to normal except from some buildings are damaged and more young people than normal are in jail.

    Also, please provide evidence of the lack of democratic process in the UK and the lack of human rights.

    You say you're using the same logic as me, but you aren't using any logic at all. You say things are facts without backing them up or using any evidence and none of your conclusions match your premises. My degree at university was about 25% studying formal logic. Read up on what logic actually is first:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic

    Also, every time I've asked for proof or evidence from you, you've never provided any. Do you even believe yourself? I'm starting to get the impression you are just joking all the time. 

  • Checkered
    Checkered wrote:

    He's a live example of what ignorance and double standard are. I perceived he's been trying to prove how fluent his English is as a Chinese.

  • High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

    David Cameron has said tackling the "broken society" is back at the top of his agenda following last week's riots.

    He said he would review all policies, speed up plans to improve parenting and education and turn around the lives of 120,000 "troubled" families.

    To tackle a "moral collapse" he pledged a war on gangs, but the home secretary said there would be "no quick fixes".

    Labour leader Ed Miliband accused the PM of looking for "superficial answers" instead of lasting solutions.

    As the two politicians gave speeches, courts continued to hear cases of the hundreds of people involved in rioting, looting and disorder across England.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14524834

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    Now you ask for so-called evidence, you can just read the reports by your own media and know what happened in your country.

    When terrorists killed people in China, you and your country distorted the facts, that's what I want you not to forget.

    If what happened in your country is not so serious, why are you so eager to argue with me?

    If your country is democratic, at least, those poor classes should have the rights to share the wealth those rich people have, why not? 

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    You claimed it was a revolution, I am saying it wasn't. I am asking for proof that it was/is a revolution. I can't see any in my own countries media.

    I know the facts were distorted, and I have not forgotten that but I also don't understand what that has to do with this situation? The media bias here is pretty terrible and the main reason I try to get my news from as many sources as possible.

    My arguing with you has nothing to do with the seriousness of the situation, it's to do with you saying things that are false and me trying to correct you.

    You're right, they should have oppertunities. The system is broken here. All they have is an oppertunity to vote for someone who maybe promises to help them but doesn't. I'm personally a propnent of devolution and direct governmental reform because the current ”democratic" system is hundreds of years old and doesn't let the people have a real say.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    Leave it to a Chinese person to conflate mindless violence, wanton destruction, and social upheaval with a revolution.

  • High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

    @Dudu, I've read ur discussion with Kieran. He Kieran, as a guy from England, agreed with u that the system is broken and needs fixing. He did agree with u on many points...He seems to offer objective arguments without being too nationalistic as we see it from some of our Chinese counterparst who can't accept critics on their government. If am not mistaken, you have now a terminological concept definition difference from what occured there. U call it revolution and some wlib members and Kieran saying it's just a riot. 

    My google assist tells me. Revolution comes from a latin word. Revolutio which means: turn around___It's a fundamental change in power or organizational structure that takes place in a relatively short period of time....If you recall your history lesson, there's no a major revolution in human history as French revolution...

    As for riot A riot is a form of civil disorder characterized often by disorganized groups lashing out in a sudden and intense rash of violence against authority, property or people.While individuals may attempt to lead or control a riot, riots are typically chaotic and exhibit herd behavior, and usually generated by civil unrest. Historically, riots have occurred due to poor working or living condition, government, oppression, taxation or conscription... and this is what we saw in London and sometime it occurs in China too.

    High Priest

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    Don't preach me, and I know more than you know about those knowledge.

    But the reality is that you western countries are always demonizing China and her people, although they are peace-loving.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTSQozWP-rM&feature=player_embedded

    just watch this kind retarded propaganda in your country, why don't you guys acknowledge your prejudice and discrimination to other people and countries?

    The fact is that UK & US are the countries who always bomb other people and countries, not China, but why you always preach China?

    ", riots have occurred due to poor working or living condition, government, oppression, taxation or conscription"

    How can you say a country with more than $32,798 per capita GDP is a poor country?

    Don't use those untenable arguments to defend these western countries, be honest. UK is a failed country, is not a so-called democratic country as they acclaimed, stop preaching other people and countries.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken
  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    1) The wall street journal is American and not British so it's not my countries media
    2) You need to stop thinking that government and media are the same as a countries people. I disagree with my countries politicians and disagree with my countries media all the time. I think both are pretty despicable a lot of the time. A lot of people disagree with them. Anyone who isn't stupid disagrees with them. They are not my voice, they don't represent my opinion. They don't represent the opinions of anyone but themselves.

    Also:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita 
    China clocks in around 90 in the list. I wouldn't say totally impovrished, but it's not rich either. What I think is a more telling barometer of wealth though is average wage vs. cost of living. I don't know how China measures up on that but looking at the cost of housing vs. average income I think something needs to be done about bringing the cost down or bringing wages up. 

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    Economist is a pure Anglo-Saxon media.

    You can't represent western people, and normal people can't decide their country's politics, don't let me mention what happened in 2008 again. Maybe you are kind, but it is only you.

    "They don't represent the opinions of anyone but themselves."

    So finally you confess your opinion is just your personal opinion, and UK is a failed country, I just ask you how a failed country can claim itself be a democratic country as you told us that the politician can't represent your people, give me an answer, how can such country be a democratic country?

    I know a lot very kind foreign people, but I am still sure that most of the western people are ignorant or double standard.

    I just wish more and more people can learn to understand other country and culture, don't be so conceited.

    China is obviously a poor nation, so how can you compare China with a country with more than $32,798 per capita GDP (this is UK)? So think it again about your argument.

    That's why I am so excited to see what happened in UK, because it shows UK is also a normal country and not special, and it will face all problems China faces, US too, so I am waiting for these kind of revolution will happen in US, of course we know that US polices are more tough than police in UK.

    It is up to US to change, because Obama still owns this kind change to you all, because you guys are those who fanned him very much when he was inaugurated as President.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    I feel so enjoyable to see you are trying your best to defend your country, because you know you are weak to do so, because of the facts and reality happened in your country.

    " I have eaten well, drank water out of the tap and watched a lot of people take what they have for granted."

    99% people in China have the same situation, but why you western people and western media always depict China to be collapsed? Give me a reason to be double standard.

    Look at some country and people to see how they treat foreign peoples:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j59BiLwdNO8

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjzuJqjDK-c&feature=related

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    haha

    看看这些西方人的虚伪

    有事情在自己国家发生了,就用一个标准,同样的事情在中国就开始攻击中国人中国政府,落井下石了,所以活该,哈哈

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    好像你回来了⋯⋯ 你说的话太无聊了

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    " I have eaten well, drank water out of the tap and watched a lot of people take what they have for granted."

    99% people in China have the same situation, but why you western people and western media always depict China to be collapsed? Give me a reason to be double standard.

    99% of people in China buy bottled drinking water because of the presence of heavy metals in the water supply. That DooDoo has been drinking lead-tainted tap water might explain his apparent mental difficulties.

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    He's probably eaten a lot of delicious sudan red too. Maybe his mother raised him on San Lu?

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    haha

    这就是你们虚伪西方人的反应?

    有道理讲道理,别装逼。

    同样的事情发生在英国美国以及欧洲了,你们就开始转移话题,开始人身攻击了,这就是你们的水平?

    一天到晚装成自由民主人权的卫士,其实骨子里还是暴利殖民道德优越论的支持者,不信可以看看德国媒体对我们中国副外长的采访,看看你们西方人的嘴脸有多丑恶:

    http://roll.sohu.com/20110824/n317179248.shtml

      据外交部网站消息,外交部副部长傅莹17日接受德国《明镜》周刊采访。傅莹就中国航母出海、西方金融危机等回答了记者提问。

    Q:

    中国难道没有比增加军费预算更重要的花钱的地方吗?

    中国国防力量发展

    给许多事让过路

    明镜:你们现在第一艘航母都已经出海了。中国为什么需要把自己武装到如此地步?

    傅莹:中国第一艘“航母”海试是一件令人振奋的事情。这是中国人民的夙愿,是中国国防力量发展的自然结果。虽然所谓的“航母”不过是买来的舰体,经过我们的整修,主要用于科研和训练用途,还远远不是一艘完全意义上的航母。中国在这方面和其他国家还有不小的差距。

    明镜:中国难道没有比增加军费预算更重要的花钱的地方吗?

    傅莹:中国国防力量发展给许多事情让过路。发展经济、提高人民生活水平、实现财富的公平分配仍然是中国的头等要务。我女儿这代人是没有经历过饥饿的第一代中国人,这是非常了不起的进步。你们对中国军力的担心在我看来,是受到陈旧的两大阵营意识形态对立思维的影响。你们对美国、法国等盟友拥有航母就感到放心,而中国拥有一艘航母你们就感到担心了。

    Q:

    在涉及南海主权的争议中,中国有时调门很高

    “这只是口头上的争论”

    明镜:为了维护自身利益,中国会走多远?例如在涉及南海主权的争议中,有的时候调门相当高。

    傅莹:我们与有关声索国一直进行着对话,2002年还签署了《南海各方行为宣言》。为何现在又闹出如此大的动静呢?这让我们也感到困惑。当然,这只是口头上的争论,重要的是南海航道依然和平畅通,并没有发生战争冲突。

    Q:

    你们是否会有一种优越感?

    中国人不常用

    “优越感”这个词

    明镜:即便长期观察中国的人也无法了解中国是怎样决策的。很多人都对中国的决策和意图心存疑虑,感到不够透明,这让你感觉意外吗?

    傅莹:中国的政治制度产生于它的历史经历,植根于自身的文化,并正在经历持续不断的改革,加强民主决策机制就是改革的内容之一。要确保决策正确,就必须倾听民众的呼声,听取他们的批评。任何政府一旦脱离与群众的联系都难以为继。我们是能够用带有批评性的眼光审视自己的。

    目前倒是西方国家政府遇到了问题。我们正密切关注发生在西方的事情,试图去理解为什么会有这么多政府犯错误?为什么政党会做出无法兑现的承诺?为什么政府会寅吃卯粮?是否你们自冷战结束后开始停滞?变得骄傲自满了?

    明镜:复杂的民主制度相对于中国而言处于劣势。你们是否会有一种优越感?

    傅莹:中国人通常很谦虚,不常用“优越感”这个词。我们尊重你们取得的成就,并向你们学习。你们已经处于后工业化时代,你们遇到的问题有一天也许会在中国出现,我们很想知道你们怎么解决这些问题,看能否从中学习。

    Q:

    中国要推动国际经济格局向对自己有利的方向发展

    不要以冷战方式

    去臆造新对手

    明镜:很长一段时间里,西方曾认为中国的发展对所有参与者有利。但目前即使在世贸组织这样的国

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    际机构中,人们越来越深刻的印象是,中国要推动国际经济格局向对自己有利的方向发展,长期人为压低人民币汇率就是人们经常提到的例子之一。

    傅莹:中国无意统治世界。如果你们认为自己处于世界的中心,认为自己垄断了一切真理、一切正确的理念和价值观,那当你们意识到世界上存在价值观和文化的多样性时就会感到不舒服。如果你们认为自己赢得了冷战,那冷战已经过去了,结束了,终结了。这是一个崭新的世界,不要再居高临下,也不要试图包办代替,请与我们平等对话,学习去尊重其他人,而不是以冷战方式去臆造一个新对手,让我们一起合作。

    Q:

    中国外交政策一些做法让西方难以理解

    想想你们并不总是成功

    的干涉经历吧

    明镜:中国的很多事情对于接受西方教育的人来说难以理解,其中包括中国外交政策的一些做法,例如中国同朝鲜和北苏丹的领导人有交往。中国这么做的指导思想是什么?

    傅莹:中国自身的艰难历史教育我们,不要强加于人,也不要支持别人这样做。中国是联合国安理会成员,我们在苏丹达尔富尔地区有数百名维和人员。如果不喜欢一个国家的领导人,就直接插手其内部事务,只会导致混乱。想想你们自己并不总是成功的干涉经历吧……

    明镜:你指的是在阿富汗军事行动?

    傅莹:你们可以反思一下。

    综合中新、外交部网站

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

     "99% of people in China buy bottled drinking water because of the presence of heavy metals in the water supply."

    哈哈,看看你的嘴脸,这就开始造谣了。

    1、中国的自来水并不适合于直接饮用,中国人都是烧开了饮用,这是中国人的饮用习惯,你不会脑残到不知道吧?

    2、看来中国人民懂得洁净水的安全性,不过瓶装水也要注意;不知道各位这么喜欢民主自由,为什么不去印度待着?那边还是英语国家,很适合你们,印度人也做白人的奴隶和仆人习惯了,你们去了会很爽。

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    shorter doodoo: China cannot into potable tap water because CHINA SO MANY PEOPLE.

    "中国人都是烧开了饮用"

    If they're too poor to afford to buy bottled water, they are, because boiling water only kills bacteria. It doesn't remove lead or other mineral impurities from water. That I even have to point this out to you is concrete evidence that you are brain damaged.

    I honestly don't know anyone in Beijing--foreign or local--who doesn't subscribe to a water delivery service, for precisely this reason. And I am not a particularly high class individual.

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    哈哈

    真搞笑,中国人脑残不脑残不重要,中国的水不能喝,你可以回国喝你自己国家的水,我很为你的健康担心。

    但是这次你一定脑残,反正英国的革命爆发了,也死人了,警察也镇压了,也封锁Internet,禁止记者深入报道,而且采用严刑峻法,从那都看不出来这是一个民主自由言论自由的国家应该有的事情,哈哈,这就行了,这就说明,这样一个对内种族主义盛行,对外发动战争,还以为自己站在道德制高点,对别的国家和民族指手画脚的国家该闭嘴了。

    对了,最近美国也有很多事情,我等着继续看戏。

  • Tedd Aspen Stensløkken

    http://r.club.china.com/data/thread/1011/2731/99/98/8_1.html

    American democracy sucks!

    American freedom sucks!

    American police are role model for Chinese police, see how American police arrested those demonstrators!

    Did you guys remember that I said there will be revolutions in US one month ago, support those demonstrator to revolt against evil American government and its system!

     

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.

Powered by: Bloc