Discussion » Current Events » "Digital Angel"

• Tookie
    Tookie wrote:
    <p>Applied Digital Solutions.</p> <p>I think many people already know this.</p> <p>But I think it's gonna be used really really bad..</p> <p><a href="http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=4324">http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=4324</a></p> <p>&nbsp;</p>
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

“Those who would trade liberty for
    security deserve neither.” -Benjamin Franklin-

• Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:

If it could be used properly, it might have more positive effects than negative ones. And if the implantation is optional rather than mandatory, it won't harm to people who like to stay away from it.

Once watched a si-fi comedy "Idiocracy", it pictured the future where people have implanted ID, but these advanced technology really encouraged the degeneration of humanity.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

WorldNetDaily is a Tea Party echo chamber. Reading that shit will soften your brain.

They're just playing on millenialist Christians' anticipation of End Times.

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. (666)

(Revelation 13-16-18)

An implanted microchip or barcode tattoo are common tropes playing on these fears.

What Christians do not realize about the Revelation is that its coded language was not a prediction of the future, but an account of 1st century history with hidden messages for members of a new church. But looking at it as a vision of the end of the world is much more exciting for religious people.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

It's unequivocally a good fucking thing that people didn't follow that sort of bullshit reasoning when morphine, gunpowder, and fire were invented.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

And apocalyptic fears didn't prevent RFID chips from being developed, either. That they can be implanted beneath the skin is not really noteworthy. Sometimes I wish my subway pass was implanted so I wouldn't forget it when I'm doing bong-hits just before leaving my apartment.

I know what ugly potentialities you're digging at and it doesn't sit well with me, either. I'd be really pissed off if the goobermint implanted a device to detect whether (or worse: what) I'm drinking, smoking, or fucking.

That would really get under my skin.

But the technology itself has many useful applications in healthcare. Technology is only as evil as the people using it.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

The companies that make them, are looking for profit (flagrant truism, huh? :P)

Sell more depends on extend the field of customers (other more...)

A popular fear (the kidnap of your own sons...) and a good marketing in the right moment (during some important case of hijacked kids covered by mass media), is all they need to become fucking popular... 

And if in some countries, parents tend to see mainly their own sons like an investment for their own future retirement... pretty sure that many parents will use them with their sons.

All the people that bought one Power Balance, will buy this shit !!!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.