Discussion » Nonsense » New "Got Milk" ads: Milk and PMS ads

• 威辣
    威辣 wrote:
    <p>http://news.yahoo.com/photos/new-pms-milk-ads-make-waves-1310579653-slideshow/</p> <p>Its a slide show so click through. I find it hilarious but I am sure Dando will be very insulted.&nbsp;</p>
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

And why are you so sure that I would feel "insulted" by such an advertisement?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I am. So?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Sth. is right. Most Asians are lactose intolerant.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

*BUMP*

Still waiting to hear why you're so sure a feminist would take exception to these ads, Pete.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Huh. I'm seeing men bowing and snivelling and doing their best to accommodate the mere perception of premenstrual irrationality, which one might consider emasculating. The ad could be an example of misogyny or misandry, depending on how you look at it. I do enjoy Jean Kilborne's Killing Us Softly series, so advertising is tempting trollbait, but these ones seem to be taking the piss out of both sexes.

Anyhoo, I'm so far left of liberals that I typically eschew political correctness in favor of technical correctness.

That said, I'm a career bachelor so I don't have to put up with this shit, but if I had to (and the lady won't try bong-hits as a solution to the mood swings), then I'd do what my dad said he did when he was still married to my mom: keep track of her menstrual cycle and start a quarrel pre-emptively, hoping to get the silent treatment 'til her hormones are back to normal. Besides, I've always considered most so-called feminine "irrationality" to be something of a sophisticated and very rational ploy to manipulate men.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.