Discussion » Current Events » 北 京部分咖啡馆停掉WiFi

• Zoe Zhong
    Zoe Zhong wrote:
    <p><span style="color: #444444;"><span style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><span><span style="font-size: medium;">【北 京部分咖啡馆停掉WiFi】北京一些咖啡馆被要求购买指定的上海雨人公司安全系统,最低规格两万元,否则不能继续提供WiFi服务。东城公安分局通知,宾 馆、酒店、洗浴等场所,都要全面落实。一咖啡店经理称,WiFi本来是免费的,但两万元的系统太贵了,无法承担,所以只能停掉。</span></span></span></span></p> <p>原文:http://bbs.o.cn/thread-97454-1-1.html</p>
  • kö
    wrote:

merde....太坑爹了

• 滴/Amber
    滴/Amber wrote:

OMG.那..网吧是不是也会被勒令撞上这种系统

• 滴/Amber
    滴/Amber wrote:

我觉得不只是垄断吧,恐怕还会涉及监控。

• G
    G wrote:

wtf...i don't need sex...the government fucks me everyday...

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

nowhere to escape,that's f...king life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• G
    G wrote:

why not go fuck the government?

• Zoe Zhong
    Zoe Zhong wrote:

听说这个系统可以监测上个人上网信息。

意思就是,即使你用公共的wifi,如果在网上做了什么“坏事”,那么要找你的人就一定能找到你。

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Well. Fuck. What's CDMA or mobile broadband gonna cost me?

• Zoe Zhong
    Zoe Zhong wrote:

是所有的咖啡馆,更准确的说,是所有提供wifi的地方,包括图书馆...

也就是说:他们要来监视我们,还要逼我们花钱请他们来监视我们

@Dando

hmm...not sure what do you mean. Well, the government forced all the cafes or any place where provide wifi service to install this spy software. The thing more ridiculous is that owners of these places have to pay 20,000 RMB to buy this software. Otherwise, their wifi services need to be shut down

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

木有wifi了,我的手机,IPAD都要变板儿砖了。。。 5555~

五道口还有wifi吗也不知道~~~ 郁闷啊

• Zoe Zhong
    Zoe Zhong wrote:

@ Stephanie

报道里面说的是东城区,反正nlgx,slt这些地方的wifi都会在最近被和谐吧

五道口就不知道了...你可以抓紧时间在wifi被和谐前多利用下你的板砖儿...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I know, Zoe. There was an English post on this topic yesterday.

It's extortion.

Moreover, it's malicious crippleware that will make your computer less secure, just like that Green Dam bullshit from a few years back.

My tablet computer has a CDMA modem. Supposedly, I can purchase something like a mobile phone SIM card and access the Internet via cellular phone signals. But I think only China Unicom and China Mobile offer this service, so meh!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... is this not similar to the Green Damn saga last year, or the year before?

• Albulena Imeri

@Ada:U r welcome, from the Dongcheng PD and Guo'an (not the soccer team).

• Simen Wangberg

"I don't believe there would be no wifi at cafes like starbucks though.."

Oh, there will be. You'll still be able to get it at McDonalds too, as well as any other restaurant or cafe that has enough money to pay for the software.

The little coffee shops and bars are the ones who will get screwed, as they barely make enough to cover rent, more often than not.

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

oh... fuck my life..... 

I should have bought 3G's ipad2... =0=

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

@dando, yeah if they really do this ,it might cost u a little bit  more for you CDMA card cause CDMA usually servise for special mobile.  hehe Zoe ,this is the same thing of LZ early post.

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

Fuck the 共产党!  They will get whats coming to them soon enough.  HAHA their fear is evident in their actions to corner any possible dissidence.  What a bunch of scared pussies.  What they should do is welcome criticism and listen to the people like their original creed called for.  It is after all the China Communist Party for crying out loud!

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

but cant guarantee anything might be change except the dongcheng district's cofee bar will cost more for the wifi. the war of rose

• Saint - Spartacus

it's will be a mass situation  if then everybody use a faux ID just for keep out of   government's Surveillance ... ^ ^ ...  i'm so afraid OMG

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

It's unenforceable.

The cafes can just keep their own encrypted WiFi ostensibly for use only by the management, but surreptitiously share the passphrase with paying customers. How are the police going to distinguish between the WiFi routers of cafes and the WiFi routers of private citizens?

I think bar owners are only turning off their WiFi right now as a form of protest.

This aggression will not stand, man.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

My modem is built-in. No USB device needed.

I don't often have problems with signal in most neighborhoods in Beijing. I'm more concerned that since it's only offered by China Unicom/China Mobile, it'll suck ass and be prohibitively expensive.

Does anyone have any experience with mobile broadband in Beijing?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.