Discussion » Nonsense » taxi drivers in beijing

• Tookie
    Tookie wrote:

damn it damn it so annoying..

they are becoming more and more "picky" or "sui bian" whatever

they refuse to take customers more and more often and it's really seriously absurb now..what's going on????

• Simen Wangberg

Maybe it's just your location - I haven't noticed any increased tendency to not pick people up. I have noticed fewer available taxis in general, but with all the rainy weather we've had lately, it's to be expected.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

This thread is seriously absurd.

• Micky
    Micky wrote:

Taxi drivers in Beijing reject commuters? What were you carrying and where were you going? Meanwhile note that around 11am they'll have lunch like every other Chinese and around 4pm some will need to change the drivers

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... : Sth. ... you changed name again?

We have been refused by taxi drivers a few times, but, most cases are understandable ... we live out here in Da Tun, whereas some of those taxi drivers possibly live out the west or down south, and if they are unlucky to not catch a passenger, then they have to go all the way back home empty-handed, which is, understandably bad for business ...

... we are thinking about moving to the south ...

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

I live near 工体 and it is difficult to get a taxi these days. At least half of the drivers now pretend not to see me. The first guy to stop will always not want to take me where I want to go - no matter where it is.

Last night the guy told me he lived in Tongzhou so couldn't take me - I guess if I'd've been heading east it would've been a different story.

I guess part of it is that taxi drivers can in no way afford to live in the city centre so you'll have problems around the time they want to get off work. Also, some of places laowai want to go (you know us, we just go back and forth between the CBD and Sanlitun) are gridlocked 24 hours a day.

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

u know it was raining pretty bad last saturday nite,when we almost got to mix,outside the gate, there were ppl waiting there already, one guy started to ask us if we were going to mix and is it ok later we take this cab,we said yeah sure,then the driver turned to us ,was like no ,no, who knows where they are going to,and look the way he talks (actually not demanding or agreesive,quite humble),he thinks he can tell me what to do. then he just let them waiting in the rain. when we finally arrived, several girls were waiting and trembling along our taxi,i said,they can take this,once again,the driver said: no,not sure,i need ask them where they are going to,at same time,he gave me an guessed destination answer while he has no idea.

out of curiosity, i asked,arent u afraid ppl will sue u since "juzai"is getting worse in BJ,he answered:oh,who is afraid,not at all, i can just take whoever i want,what they can do.so proud.

i dont know what's going on,and several times, i do saw the taxi driver ignoreed foreigner's waving.

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

we took a black taxi last nite from sanlitun to chaoyang park west gate,20rmb,so it's five times more for foreigners.does it help to bargain or they directly refuse it.unbelievable.

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I've always said that private cars should be banned from inside of the 3rd ring road, if not for traffic, then for parking. It's a little more realistic than Hunter S. Thompson's suggestion to ban all cars from Aspen's city limits.

• Jørgen Rafaelsen

The taxi driver ignoreed foreigner's for real  to the weekday,around 8,9Am it's impossible to get a taxi even the weather it's good or bad i'm telling u,they prefere to take Chinese especially if u r black(Black is just a color no a personality). If u don't believe me try it

Please i'm not racist thx for understanding and i'm white

• Undermoonlight

Gattuso wrote:       

Posted 2                    days ago                              

There is a lot going on.  When it starts raining, the drivers try to go home, they won't take any costumer. It's dangerous. The roads are sleepy, they can't see etc. Sometimes they don't pick foreigners, they're afraid the foreigner can't speak Chinese and would have trouble explaining where he needs to go. Also, there a lot of taxi drivers that avoid Black people. According to them, there were so many Black people that didn't pay and fight with the drivers.  All the info that I have is straight from the drivers's mouths, so I'm not making anything up. First hand info!    
    __true, and heard it on a cab once~~
  • Alice
    Alice wrote:

honestly ive experienced that, more and more taxi drivers dont stop, and they still keep their lights on, and in wang jing Kejiyuan, every time i go there 5 taxi drivers there playing cards but dont wanna take you, lazy lazy lazy

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

i read news these days, apparently Juzai is a topic these days,so there will be probably some change soon

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I literally meant ban private cars. Not just private cabs (黑车). All cars privately owned by individuals. Everything with more than three wheels, except for taxis, freight, and black Audis with PLA plates. No parking in hutongs. FINAL DESTINATION

E-bikes. E-bikes everywhere!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.