Discussion » Chinese Language & Culture » Rocky Horror Picture Show

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) wrote:

Hahahahaha ... no, sorry, but this is NOT about the movie!

For someone with a empty skull that has nothing but utter rubbish, I tend to waste time on, well, nothing ... so, here's the question ...

Q: why do a lot of Chinese like to do the "time wrap", i.e. put their hands on their hips?

... this one looks like Superman about to jump take off ...

... this mother in the photo is Cecilia Cheung, long before her to-be-divorce ...

http://yule.baidu.com/news/star/2010-02-13/122137254772.html

... and this is her husband, no, sorry, someone who looks like her husband ...

I have come up with four answers ...

1. they know that their armpits smell really bad, so, they are just letting air through ... or, the reverse is: their armpits smell really good, and they are happy to share ...

2. they just need more personal space ...

3. they want to make sure that the satellite can see them, so that people can find them ...

4. they do have problem with their hips ... but this seems unlikely!

What do you think? Feel free to be creative, but no need to be insulting ...

• V. Bilrost
    V. Bilrost wrote:

DD, yes, in real life I rarely see western people do that, but in the films and sitcoms,western ladies do that often :)

I'll richen your answers.

5.They feel tired for long talking, posture like that helps rest and relaxing.

6.Being impatient.

7.To check if the new dress looks great.

8. That posture is simply tantalizing when pretty ladies do that.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.