Discussion » Current Events » Murdoch's Chinese Wife Protects Her Man

• Captain America
    Captain America wrote:

Weibo finally became buzzed about the News Corp scandal dubbing Murdoch's Chinese wife "Smackdown Sister" after she protected her man from a guy trying to throw a pie in his face.

Murdoch and Deng:
    Murdoch & Deng

Here's her sitting behind him at the Parliament hearing:

And here's her smacking the attacker before he can get to Murdoch:

This begs a couple questions:
    1. Are Chinese wives that protective of their man, especially when he's a 90-year-old billionaire?
    2. Is this chick the most brazen gold-digger the world has ever seen (she's 42, he's 90)?
    3. This is the element of this story that finally attracts interest from the Chinese public, who has dubbed her a hero?

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

last nite, i was watching this live on cctv9,really a shame for newspaper 

and for the woman,i think she is very brave but also smart,not from this protecting husband thing,china like exaggerating, this is not a big del

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

She can borrow the sentence of Jaime Lannister: 

-The things I do for love- 

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

China loves the West's most maligned motherfuckers, like Nixon, Kissinger, and Murdoch. It's part of the cynical revisionism that's transformed Cao Cao's villainy into mere hubris, or made King Zhou of Shang's 酒池肉林 into a viable interior decorating option. In this light, Deng is Murdoch's 妲己.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

@Dando,  Slanted eyes or round eyes, Totalitarianism of the right or Totalitarianism of the left, the Nixon´s sharp nose or the Mao´s flat nose, doesn´t matter, a politician is a politician.... Similis simili gaudet

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

News Corporation has been in bed with the Chinese goobermint almost as long as the "opening up" policies, being one of the first companies to offer satellite services in the mainland. Murdoch is a man without ideology. He's has been in bed with Republicans, Labour, China, and literally, a Chinese.

• N-Die 北京的法国人

Obviously there are generation gaps between two of them....i like her dress though

• Tahjay
    Tahjay wrote:

How could you truely be in love with such a filthy dirt bag like Murdock?  Its gotta be the money.  Murdock watches his wife get 干ed by other men and likes it

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... compared him with Ran Ran Shaw, another ancient media tycoon in HK ... Murdoch has done better with the wife choices :)

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Sometimes I feel like Fauna cherry picks netizen comments in order to present a Jerry Springer-ized version of the Chinese Hinternet.

Then I come here to watch the MMs throwing chairs at each other, and I realize Chinasmack isn't far off-mark.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.