Discussion » Software Development » life of your wraptop

• Tookie
    Tookie wrote:

I know it depends on person..and model..

but i wanna know average term of wraptop...

mine is almost done in 3 yrs..and i regret i treat it like so "sui bian"...

spent much money on fixing this one last term...gave me lots of pain

....and now..i totally gave up..have to buy new one soon...such a waste of money...donno anything about electronica, though..

so how about you? how long did u use? or using it? and how u treat it

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Lao Lee, Wear a bra or you're gonna get 'wraped'.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... we bought our faithful DELL in June/July 2006, and it is still running fairly well (time for a re-build though, forgot to do it during May holiday), however, I did crash the hard disk on NYD 2010 and had to replace it ...

... based on Oz tax laws, "computers" get written off after 3 years ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... Lee ... you could sell it to the "collectors" ... it might get you enough for a meal at Pizza Hut, heehee ...

... we sold our old rice cooker for 20yuan, and we are about to get rid of our old DVD player soon ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... heehee ... I happen to have a little experience with selling old computers ...

Once upon a time, in a city not too far from China ...

• V. Bilrost
    V. Bilrost wrote:

@agape

"Sui Bian" is a wise way to treat laptops, just pay a little attention to liquids and falling. It's like to treat your kids, baby them but dont spoil them.

We geeks used to like IBM Thinkpads, cuz they're really solid, qualified and able to meet our programming requirements. A senior fellow of mine got his T41 in 2004, he still uses it for data simulation and he always makes the keyboard his ashtray.

An junior fellow back in my lab once told his cousin (who just got a Macbook and so cared about the Mac that almost wouldnt touch it) that:"Computers are not fragile as you think, sometimes you need a hammar to crack it."

Well, this guy is a professional, knows not only how the hardwares and softwares work, but also the circuits and elements.

Mine is an Acer. My cat has dont lots of bad things to my laptop, like pushing it to fall for 2-3 times, yet it still works well. The reason I stick to it is to see how long it can live:)

• Simen Wangberg

Seeds give me the heebie-jeebies.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.