• Jimi
    Jimi wrote:
    <p>all this rain this year. its great</p>
  • N-Die 北京的法国人

So what are you doing guys when it rain a saturday night ?

I chose, a bottle of coke, M&M and movie :)

• 滴/Amber
    滴/Amber wrote:

how about sex in jungle.and rain.ha

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Rainwater is probably cleaner than the water you're drinking. At least there's a guarantee that it's actually been distilled, rather than being labelled tap water.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Acid rain does not directly affect human health, even if you drink it. It's only harmful to plants, soil, and aquatic creatures. Damage to those things might affect us, but acid rain does not. Even at Beijing levels, it's not going to be beiging your shirts. That's more likely from dissolved minerals in your tapwater.

Water always contains dissolved minerals, even when it is distilled. Rainwater, having existed as vapor in the atmosphere, is as close to being naturally distilled as possible.

Only completely deionized water is really 'pure'. We don't drink that. It's only used in industrial processes. Do you know why? Because it corrodes the enamel of your teeth.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

"Long term exposure may cause health problems."

Yeah. Pneumonia.

A human being will never spend enough time exposed to rain for minute amounts of sulphur dioxide to corrode their corneas or respiratory tracts.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Right. That's sort of the point of environmentalism is that creatures sharing ecosystems are interdependent, regardless of their relative positions on the food chain. Even urban areas are ecosystems. Acid rain doesn't directly affect humans at all, but the damage it does to buildings, plants, and aquatic animals will eventually affect us if we don't do something about it.

But suggesting that you shouldn't go outside in the rain because Beijing is polluted is beyond ignorant. The only time Beijing's air is even remotely clean is when there's enough moisture to turn all that dust from construction and the Gobi desert into mud.

• V. Bilrost
    V. Bilrost wrote:

I step very softly,

I walk very slow,

I can't do a handstand--

I might overflow,

So pardon the wild crazy thing I just said--

I'm just not the same since there's rain in my head.

• V. Bilrost
    V. Bilrost wrote:

@Lao Lee.

Can I ask when or how long do you think it's gonna take till humans are done destroying the surface?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

What if Beijingers survive the apocalypse by hiding in the underground passages, but they change.

• Simen Wangberg

"What if Beijingers survive the apocalypse by hiding in the underground passages, but they change."

Cannibalistic Humanoid Beijing Dwellers?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

No dawg. The CHANGs of Chang'An (Channiballistic Humanoid Aberrant Niubi Gemen'er) During a National Day missile parade, they'll open a rift in the concrete and steal a nuke.

Concept: Shanzhai TMNT

Just say "fund it."

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

You might be, depending on where you're buying your "bottled" water.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Either install your own a reverse osmosis filter, or get those thingies in the movie Tank Girl which, when stabbed into a person, would suck out people's bodily fluids and produce one regular-sized bottled water, while leaving nothing more than a withered husk.

• Simen Wangberg

I've been drinking something like two glasses of tap water a week for the last two years that I've spent here, on average. My penis has increased noticeably in size and I can hear your thoughts.

Well, sometimes I just get lazy and I don't feel like leaving my house to buy water. So, the tap. WATER DRAGON HEAD!?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.