Discussion » Beijing Life » Tongzhou Time

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Hello WLIBers,

I moved to Tongzhou this week, and it's dawned on me that my time in BJ has been spent almost exclusively bar-hopping in Sanlitun (bad form I know).

Anyway, I'm at a loss now. Does anyone know of  good bars, restaurants, clubs, gay saunas or, indeed, any fun ways to pass time in Tongzhou?

Carlos

P.S. oh and please don't mention masterbation, I already know about that.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I think you can take a train out east, you will be in another province ...

Where exactly are you in TZ? It's quite a large area ... I know a girl living somewhere in TZ, maybe she can help ... if you are nice :)

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

I'm in Guoyuan, though I can always travel further...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... she is at work now, I will ask her and let you know later ...

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Okey doke, he told me to contact you when I thought I was moving to your neck of the woods.

My email to him can be your vengeance

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I've heard the KTVs there are decent and cheap. Also, check out Songzhuang Art Village.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • Daniel Westerberg

Right accross wu mart, you have a small dvd shop thats pretty ok if you like to watch movies.

On the backside of "Xin Hua Lian Jia Yuan Nan Qu", there are like 20 brothels pretending to sell massage...

If you are looking for night clubs, there arn't any. atleast not at guoyuan, but it's only a 30min bus ride (668) to silkstreet, so if you want to party, just take the bus to the city center.

Now as for resturants, on the side of "Da Ya Li" there are a few resturants, the last one of these is a hot pot place that is actually great (if you like hot pot that is).

In the building next after Suning there used to be a coffe bar that made a good cheese cake. Havn't been there in a while so don't know if they still there.

JiuKeShu and LiYuan that was mentioned above is for shopping.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Cheers guys, sorted for whores, ktv, DVDs and cheesechake. Don't know what I was worried about..

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Apart from the art village (which is relaly difficult to get to, and which seems to be half finished, and I went to too late to see much of what there is being open - it was still really great though.) Tongzhou seems ot have nothing.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... but the governmet said that they have greay plans to make it the next stage of BJ CBD ...

... Carlos ... my friend lives not too far from you, but she seems a bit shy to meet new people at the moment, so, bad luck for you, sorry mate :)

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I should have mentioned that you need a guide for the Art Village. I found one cool gallery out there while wandering around aimlessly, but it's really a rather confusing place and I would have to assume that all the really good shit is hidden. 

I think I heard something from either Kulo or Amphetamine about a manga gallery in Songzhuang.

The whole area feels like it's a little bit deeper behind the Iron Curtain than 798's East German architecture.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Dando, the actual village is up and over a hill. There is some stuff along the main road, that big gallery, a few by some bigger names and then this sort of little street but then if you go up this one staircase suddenly it's this utterly huge complex with tons and tons of workshops. Totally awesome. All the artists we met were really chilled too and content to just have a chat with us and talk about their methods. I really need to go back another day when I can go early in the morning and hang out there for a whole day,

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Shit. I must have been up my own ass, then, because I didn't even see a hill.

Let me know if you decide to go again. I'd like to tag along.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

The place is still 75% unoccupied. I'll let you know next time I go along, but it's likely to be early on a Tuesday morning and probably not till it's cooled down a bit in autumn.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Double shit. I can't do weekdays.
  • Simen Wangberg

I'm down for art trek! It'll be like a regular trek, but possibly more boring and pretentious. Nah it sounds really cool actually, maybe. I just like to look at things sometimes.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

The fun bit is getting to stumble in an bellow "HI!!! WHATCHA DOOOOOIN'!?" while they painstakingly apply highlights in watercolour to the canvas that holds their magnum opus

• Ayaka
    Ayaka wrote:

Hi, I'm a Japanese live in Tong-Zhou about 6 years. I think here is the nice place for "宅女" like me. haha.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Found a nice bar in Tongzhou this evening; woo-hoo, I have a local, panic over!

• David Lu
    David Lu wrote:

a nice bar in guoyuan area? i live in this area, but i never even wanted to try it, the best way to do is hanging out with ur mates and have some chuans in the street BBQ, a dozen of cold beers will do u mate, if you have any luck,maybe your next table will be some nice girls. anyway, wish you guys have a good time in Beijing, really glad to see how this city get more international and growing just like i was in Dublin back that old time:)

• Daniel Westerberg

haha buy a car?! forget to buy a car unless you have money for a bribe (70k rmb) or good relations with someone at the traffic authorithies or are very very lucky :P

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.