Discussion » Beijing Life » Moving Companies / Drivers

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    <p>I've just bought a second hand bookcase from around Sanlitun and am looking for ways of transporting it to Shuangjing tonight. I don't really fancy taking it down the road-side piece by piece and trying to find a taxi, and I also think it'd be difficult to find a taxi who'd be happy to transport it (it's unpackaged).&nbsp;</p> <p>Does anyone know any moving companies or drivers that do stuff like this? I've found a load of moving companies on the Beijinger but they're more geared towards moving the contents of whole apartments, and they price accordingly. There was one company who could do it for 100RMB but he's out of the city for a few days, so I'm really looking for that price range.&nbsp;</p> <p>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.&nbsp;</p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahah ... Daniel ... any chance you know someone who drives or owns a "Jin Bei"?

• V. Bilrost
    V. Bilrost wrote:

Daniel, I don't suggest moving company or drivers on individual business.

Days ago I was moving, less than 2km, contacted over 10 drivers, they either were drunk or asked too much. They demanded 150-280yuan without giving a hand. Thing is I didn't have many stuff.

In the end, a warm-hearted stranger helped me with his car.

If you can handle the price, try

http://bj.58.com/chaoyang/banjia/

Good luck.

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

@DD, if I knew anyone who did, would I posting here? :P 

@Star, Thanks for the website, it's more useful than the ads I was previously looking at. 

@Lee: Decent suggestion, but finding a budget furniture location close to the apartment I'm picking it up from and then haggling over transport costs in my broken Chinese seems a little too 麻烦

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... heehee ... I was just thinking, maybe someone you work with might know ... that's how we have got a JB to move our stuff ... we know someone who knows someone else :)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.