Discussion » Nonsense » Hit and Run's

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    <p>Anyone have any expereince with Hit and Runs in China?</p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... it you count being "run over" by a tire ... or by bicycles ... or by baby trolleys ... then yes ...

Once though, my big bag of grocery got "hit" outside Carrefour, by the right-hand-side rear-view mirror of a Porsche Cayenne, the funny thing was that the mirror came off (so if anyone ever think about buying this model, check the rear-view-mirrors among other things) ...

... anyway, the car stopped and the driver came out to talk to me, and I told him to get the police if he wanted me to pay for his damage, he then called someone, put the mirror back in place and left the scene ... does that count?

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

Well that is sort of like a hit and run, but I am hinting more toward the serious kind when a car hits someone and then does not even stop to see if that person is ok. 

• Albulena Imeri

I only have experience with a small car accident and my suggestion is to take a picture of the vehicle license plate for the police.

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

Two of my friends have been killed in China by hit and runs and I hear about numerous old people and children being taken out by cars all across China. 

Just look at "Li Gang" His son killed a student on a university campus while driving drunk, but then got off without any reprocussions because his father is a powerful military leader.  Do these people think they are untouchable and will never have to face consequences for anything they do?

Its a double edged sword:   A guy in Taiwan hit a young man delivering news papers, however the foreigner was not even driing the car.  His driver fled the scene after he ran over the boy.  Now the foreign guy is trying to keep his ass out of prison even after evidence was brought forth verifying the fact that he was not driving. 

I have heard about other foreigners having accidents with locals and the results seem to always be in favor of the locals no matter whos fault it is. 

If I hit someone I will definitely stop to see if they are ok. If someone hits me because they are drunk or driving iratically, he better hope he injures me, so I can not kick his ass. It seems like a hazard to have so many people in the streets all the time, but thats almost unavoidable. 

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... it is about education, and I was not referring to general schooling, but "respect for human lives" ...

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Li Gang was the deputy director of police. His son got 6 years in jail and a 440,000rmb fine

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

Oh thank you guys for informing me of this.  I did not know that the guy actually got sentenced and served time then his father got booted as well.  I was under the impression that he got away with it because of the stories I read about the incident and also the popular saying that some young people say when a friends thinks they can get away with anything "Your father is not Li Gang!" 

Its a relief to know that people can get justice..... However, the best thing would have been for the kid not to be driving drunk and not to have been raised thinking he is untouchable as so many kids are these days "Little Emperors".  If he had a bit of compassion for human beings he would have definitely not driven away from the scene.

I think they were too lenient on the little prick.  Hang that fucker to make an example of what happens to assholes who do not repect life.  Teach people that although money and power do make life comfortable, they do not make you invincible and definitely do not make you better than other people. 

Too often I witness nuveau riche people who have become wealthy by a stroke of good luck or a good family connections hovering around on their clouds looking down on everyone else like they are worthless.  Classiness cannot be bought or made by money.  If you study or know about Chinese history then you know what this all leads too......  5000 years of history or 1 year of history repeated 5000 times.

However, I am confident that the CCP will do what they can to curb power abuses to the extent that it can be curbed. 

I bet Li Gang is outside of China somewhere living fat.... This is what many corrupt officials do.  They siphon off money through different channels then immigrate to other countries.  Usually the USA because we will extradite them back to China.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.