Discussion » Current Events » Is he still alive?

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:
    <p>What's going on, our former leader, is he stil alive&nbsp; or he is gone? Too much rumours on news.</p> <p>High Priest</p>
  • Micky
    Micky wrote:

Who's your former leader?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I am more interested in "who is the current leader of Priest"?

• High Priest
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... heehee ... I thought you were going to say God or the Pope ... and for the record, I dont love Mr Hu ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... River ... my guess is that Priest had probably asked, but considering the importance of Jiang, it is perhaps on a "need to know" basis, and Priest does not need to know ...

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

We are praying for Mr Jiang, God can delay his recruitment. Sure, it's a need to know if really he is still alive.

High Priest

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Kulo, I guess we have the right to know.

High Priest

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

pretty sure this is all a myth, as I think I just saw Jiang in KFC (buying a family bucket)...

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

Well, we shall pray and wish for the best. Only God/budda knows.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... just saw this on Facebook and meat-ed it out from the Internet ...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Captain America, KnowYourMeme only lists it as a "hoax" as part of a wiki category about Internet death rumors. That site is for staying up to speed with Internet humor; it's not Snopes or Urban Legends.

l2internet

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Will be the end of the Shanghai Clique?

• Malene stavrum Bjørkås

he's already dead almost a week. u will see the news soon.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

If there weren't some truth to the rumor, the state media would have most certainly denied it openly rather than censoring every fucking Baidu search with the word 江.

The rumor started because Jiang was absent from the big 90th anniversary gala. It spread because the gubbermint tried too hard to keep it quiet. Censorship always fails the moment it is noticed, because when you interfere with people's natural desire for information, they always assume the worst. Chinese people are at least as cynical as Westerners. Remember that.

Note that the vociferous denials are in English.

Next week, Jiang will be officially dead, and the gubbermint will stand by the false denial by saying Jiang had been alive but in critical condition until the moment the story went to press. Chinese state media is quite timely like that.

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

bloody hell

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) who wants to go Haagen Dazs?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Indeed. An asshole dispensing hot, steaming, corn-pocked logs of ugly truth and crazy wisdom. Not that it matters to shit-eaters. You're going to complain anyway, so why should I bother rolling my turds in sugar before I serve them to you?

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

pope (aka me) not your leader, high priest?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Captain America,

KnowYourMeme is a very solid source of information about memes. It's reputable for that purpose. But it's not a source of news. They're not fact checkers. Moreover, they never actually called anything a hoax; this just got lumped into the same category because of the story's similarity to other Internet death rumor phenomena. You seem to be information illiterate.

But by all means, share your ill-informed opinions all you want. My tendency to point out when other people are being foolish has never actually stopped them from continuing to be foolish.

My point is that aside from a muted response from Xinhua, most of the denials have appeared in the foreign language press. Why would they respond to a Chinese netizen phenomenon primarily through the foreign language press?

I'm not prophesizing. It'd be cheap considering how much we already know about the guy's age and health. He is, however, a solid pick for a dead pool.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Captain America,

Far from giving a shit about Jiang's health, I merely pointed out that you were absolutely wrong for citing KnowYourMeme, because you not only failed to read the article itself, but you seemed to completely misunderstand the purpose of the site, treating it as a source of news when it is really just a website for archiving Internet jokes. If that doesn't demonstrate information illiteracy, I don't know what does. Whether you want to interpret that as an insult or a valid observation is up to you.

But instead of admitting that you were wrong, you served up a weak excuse it by saying you were just sharing an opinion.

Well. Guess what?

I have a meta-opinion. To wit: your opinion is made of fail. Deal with it.

When you come up with half-assed sarcasm like "Sorry, sir Dando. I know you have sole rights to [share points of view] here," then you're begging for abuse. Don't act like I escalated toward insults, you passive-aggressive intellectual weakling. Ironic that you'd accuse me of 4chan-style insultocratic trolling after you cited an archive of 4chan jokes as an authority on Jiang Zemin's health.

I'll give you some "'well-informed' information" as soon as I figure out what the fuck that is.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

News seems to confirm that Mr Jiang was admitted in the hospital with a fever and the Dr adviced him to rest at home because it would be too physically demanding to sit for too long in the 90th anniverary of CPC. 

So, I guess the rumor migh be wrong, let see how they can come up with his images to let people believe.

So he might be alive

High Priest

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

cite

verb /sīt/ 
    cited, past participle; cited, past tense; cites, 3rd person singular present; citing, present participle

• Quote (a passage, book, or author) as evidence for or justification of an argument or statement, esp. in a scholarly work
    • Mention as an example
      • - medics have been cited as a key example of a modern breed of technical expert
    • Praise (someone, typically a member of the armed forces) for a courageous act in an official dispatch
    • Adduce a former tried case as a guide to deciding a comparable case or in support of an argument
    • Summon (someone) to appear in a court of law
      • - the summons cited four of defendants

Next, explain to me how information can become informed.

It's awfully cute to watch guys like you and Scott try to attack my writing style. You couldn't write your way out of a wet paper bag.

And pens are pointy.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... and people says that they learn nothing on this site ...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Killer,

谢谢

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

die another day ,heard about it and i would be ture.

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

it would be ture.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Yes. Yes, this. I'm sure that the gubbermint even subsidizes the 五毛当 to infiltrate the Something Awful forums, meeting place of the Secret Internet Elitist Superstructure, a sacred ground upon which I dare not tread because I don't have $10.

Maybe they even use IRC. Or fucking USENET. That's how 1337 the river crabs are.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.